Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Soft backpack vs. Hardshell backpack?
4643 7 2015-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dsahai
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41719 ft
Hong Kong

Hey everyone, I'm a bit confused about which backpack to buy, the soft one or the hardshell one. It seems like the soft backpack has more space but does it provide as good or better protection to the Phantom as the hardshell? I'd like to use the backpack while taking the drone on hikes, or travelling (the backpack will be carry-on luggage). Feedback and your experience is much appreciated!
Thank you!
2015-8-16
Use props
jeffthibeault
lvl.1

United States

I went with the soft DJI backpack and so far I'm really happy with my choice.  As you mentioned, there are plenty of pockets and space to hold everything you need from laptops, tablets to spare batteries, props and lens filters. I've taken my backpack on hikes up mountains and never once did it seem to weigh me down and it fits perfectly in most airplane luggage compartments.  Hopefully that helps you a little bit.
2015-8-19
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

I went with the soft shell one myself.
2015-8-19
Use props
msoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460522 ft
United States

I went with the hardshell for a trip. Fit perfect in the airplane overhead. It fits the Phantom, 4 batteries, remote, props, cables, power adapter and Ipad Mini. All these items have their designated area. I first purchased the IntelligentUAS pelican case with wheels thinking it would fit in an airplane overhead but then realize that is was too big. I had no plans to do a baggage check-in. So now I have two cases for my Phantom. The pelican case works well for local travel and the wheels do help instead of having a backpack. I use them both. Hope this helps you.
2015-8-21
Use props
robertparkhurst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

my self I use ether one of these in this video and there good for carry on
2015-9-7
Use props
Phantom Paul
lvl.2

Philippines

Hmm...I'm still undecided which one to get. Arh... I might as well get both & problem solved!
2015-9-16
Use props
clive
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41969 ft
United Kingdom

I have the pelican case for storage and the soft case for when I need to go further tha about 50 meters from the car.
2015-9-27
Use props
Joemenghini
New

United Kingdom

clive Posted at 2015-9-27 11:42
I have the pelican case for storage and the soft case for when I need to go further tha about 50 met ...

Just bought a P3 Advanced, Im also struggling to travel with it, I went all out and bought a pelican 1510 with custom inserts but when out and about its heavy to carry and a pain in the ass to drag. I like the idea of a back pack but i also use my Peli case for other kit when i dont need it.... Seen conversion kits for the peli by Rucpac and alot of the second hand pelis on Ebay have them fitted and looks like a winner... at $100 its pricey but after spending $2500 on a flying camera its a small expense! lol.
http://rucpac.com/rucpac_home.html
This might help.
2015-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules