When is Waypoint Nav, POI flight plan, and Follow Me going to be released?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
squidlyboy
lvl.1

United States

From the CNET review of the P3S:

"... the Standard will have intelligent flight features including waypoint navigation, point of interest (POI) flight planning and a Follow Me function.

Waypoint navigation lets you set up a multipoint path for the drone to follow while you control the camera, while POI flight planning allows you to autonomously fly a circle around a subject, keeping it centered. Follow Me sets the drone to track your movement based on your orientation.
These features will be available out of the box when the Phantom 3 Standard begins shipping this week. The other Phantom 3 models will get a firmware upgrade for these piloting options in coming weeks."

This set of features is what pushed me over the edge when i pulled the trigger to purchase the P3S.   I was severely disappointed that it was NOT going to be available after i already made the purchase.  I tried to cancel the order, but it had already shipped.  I figured i'll just learn to fly this thing while i'm waiting for these features to be available, but it would be nice to basically be able to put this thing on "auto-pilot" and have it follow me around in a car or in a boat without really having to control its movements much.

Anyone have any ideas when this will be available?  Any rumors or other info to help me bide the time while i'm waiting ...

2015-8-16
Use props
zhartpe
lvl.2

United States

Hmmm that's weird because mine already works... Let me ask my magic 8 ball for you - "try again later".                             But in all seriousness take a guess, could be tomorrow, could be next week. I've been waiting since May with our P3P & P3A. Just work on honing those skills in the meantime.
2015-8-16
Use props
timswimm
DJI team

Hong Kong

...soon
2015-8-17
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

DJI said 6 months from release date and 6 months is not up yet!!!
2015-8-17
Use props
oksxen
lvl.2

Canada

This guy seems to have his Phantom 3 Follow Me mode working?

2015-8-19
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are 3rd party apps and beta of DJI around - but they are not for the average user yet.

The answer is "quite soon". However, most of us should be happy because when these apps are released MANY will lose their birds - and they won't be under warranty either.

If you want to fly with these features get a 2nd GPS locator and an extended warranty (squaretrade from B&H).
2015-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules