Reinstall of Google Play app - cannot accomplish
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc96f90d3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1203468 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had to uninstall Google Play in an attempt to get the controller to load Google Maps.  The original Google Play app would not let me "sign in".  I uninstalled it and cannot determine how to reinstall it.  The Amazon App Store does not have the official Google Play app available (not a shock).  I cannot seem to find it by using the Lightning Browser.   
2023-1-7
Use props
ken1403
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13719016 ft
  • >>>
United States

Search (Google Play Store APK) Download and install
2023-1-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, fansc96f90d3. Thank you for reaching out. We're so sorry to inform you that due to Google Mobile Services (GMS) certification restrictions, it cannot be used. If Google Play, Google Maps, or third-party applications cannot be installed or used normally, the relevant software has been restricted by the certification of GMS, and the development support of the relevant application provider is required. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-1-7
Use props
fansc96f90d3
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-7 21:13
Hi, fansc96f90d3. Thank you for reaching out. We're so sorry to inform you that due to Google Mobile Services (GMS) certification restrictions, it cannot be used. If Google Play, Google Maps, or third-party applications cannot be installed or used normally, the relevant software has been restricted by the certification of GMS, and the development support of the relevant application provider is required. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Is there a work-around for not being able to reload Google Maps on the Smart Controller.  Please let me know because as of now my smart controller is useless unless I can have access to maps when I fly.  If there is no work around please tell me what DJI is willing to do about this.  Can I be given some sort of credit toward purchasing an RC Pro?
2023-1-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried to DL and install from here?
2023-1-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fansc96f90d3 Posted at 1-8 03:53
Is there a work-around for not being able to reload Google Maps on the Smart Controller.  Please let me know because as of now my smart controller is useless unless I can have access to maps when I fly.  If there is no work around please tell me what DJI is willing to do about this.  Can I be given some sort of credit toward purchasing an RC Pro?

Hi, fansc96f90d3. Thank you for the reply. Regretfully, we don't provide credits as the Smart Controller will be able to fly a drone even without those applications. If you would really download those applications, you may refer to DowntownRDB's suggestion above. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-1-11
Use props
fansc96f90d3
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-8 06:20
Have you tried to DL and install from here?

Thanks, Captain, that worked.  I appreciate the help.
2023-1-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansc96f90d3 Posted at 1-11 14:52
Thanks, Captain, that worked.  I appreciate the help.

Good to hear and I'm glad I was able to help.  
2023-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules