SD Card problem
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Smtx199
lvl.2

Belgium

Hello All

i have a new SD card Sandisk Ultra 64gb microSD XC I (10),
i formatted the card using the option in the DJI APP, i took a few pictures with it and i can see the picture when i press the PLAY button in the android app.
unfortunatelly when i put the card in my tablet or in the card reader, the pc tells me that i need to format it before i can use it (?). (i can not see the pix on the tablet either)
i tried to format it with the pc, and then the phantom 3 tells me there is no SD card in the drone...so i reformatted the card using the app and i have the same problem again on the pc :/

Any idea what im doing wrong ?
thanks a lot

Alex / Belgium
Phantom 3 Advanced
2015-8-17
Use props
giant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31565 ft
Netherlands

Format the card in your PC as FAT32. This will be accepted by your drone and readable in your PC.
2015-8-17
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

In addition to the below. The fastest write speed Micr SD may not work properly? I have not tried  one in my Phantom 3 yet. I did have a problem with that with my Phantom 2 Vision. just a thought.
2015-8-17
Use props
Smtx199
lvl.2

Belgium

@rodger, i think it was working on the phantom3 as i was able to see the picture i took on the android app, the card was not working on the pc (need format)

@Giant, thank you i will try this tomorrrow morning

EDIT : i just tried to format it with the PC > FAT and now it says its a 1 mega card (instead of 64gb), once inserted in the PH3 the android app says INVALID SD FORMAT, so i use the in-app 'format' option. I can take pictures so the card seems to be ok, but once again it do not work on my tablet (Tegra Note 7) & on my pc :/

++
Alex
2015-8-17
Use props
maroman
New

Canada

To format Miro SD Card  use the formatting program from the SD Association  sdcard (dot) org  go the downloads
2015-8-17
Use props
Smtx199
lvl.2

Belgium

Thanks Maroman, i tried the SD Formatter app but i think the card is dead ((((( its still 1 mega

quote from the site :
"If an SDXC memory card is used through the direct SD slot of a computer without SDXC driver installation, the card may not be recognized correctly and a message to prompt formatting may appear. In this case, do not format the SDXC memory card. It may erase the data on the SDXC memory card and format the card for a different file system, making it incompatible with SDXC devices."

i think i broke it 50$ gone like the wind erghhhh

EDIT : i formatted it using the dji android app, windows still don't recognise it, but if i connect the drone to the pc via usb it seems its working fine,
not very convenient but it works

thank you all for your help
2015-8-18
Use props
Leonick
New
Philippines

My phantom 3 pro saves videos but when i push the camera button it says no SD card. anyone knows whats up? it saves videos no problem but photos it has this problem
2017-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules