I have been having this problem too.  
2023-1-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That can happen when it's windy. Each time the drone turns to the next segment, there seems to be insufficient pause for the gimbal to settle before the shot is taken.
2023-1-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BladeZ Posted at 1-9 07:17
I have been having this problem too.

That can happen when it's windy. Each time the drone turns to the next segment, there seems to be insufficient pause for the gimbal to settle before the shot is taken.
2023-1-9
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Blériot53 Posted at 1-9 07:38

It was not windy at all. Also, the 25 photos are just fine captured. I use lightroom and the 360 pano auto stitch is done flauless. So the problem is the stitching the app does or the drone. All other Panos are done ok.
2023-1-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Niknik Posted at 1-9 08:33
It was not windy at all. Also, the 25 photos are just fine captured. I use lightroom and the 360 pano auto stitch is done flauless. So the problem is the stitching the app does or the drone. All other Panos are done ok.

I think there should be more than 25 images
2023-1-9
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

Blériot53 Posted at 1-9 09:08
I think there should be more than 25 images

360 PANO uses 25 captures and exports 100mb  360 pano
2023-1-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Niknik Posted at 1-9 09:27
360 PANO uses 25 captures and exports 100mb  360 pano

I see you're using the Mavic 3.
With the Mini3Pro, 35 images are composited into a finished image of 12.7 Mb, thus:

https://www.skypixel.com/photo360s/chateau-de-oudon
2023-1-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Niknik. Thank you for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience caused. The Panorama function was launched to resolve the smaller view of the existing camera. The principle of the Panorama function is to capture several photos with a certain overlap ratio and stitch them into a single photo for a wider view. Stitching is a process of searching for the edge parts on two images through an algorithm and overlapping the areas with the most proximate imaging effects to complete auto-stitching of the images. When the target is shot at a close distance, the coincidence degree between photos shot will become lower. As such, the software algorithm is unable to match the photo images, resulting in an error with the stitching position or a stitching error.
If a panoramic photo is poor in quality after stitching, it is often due to two possible reasons. The first is an excessively low overlap ratio for the photos that were shot. The second is a substantial change in the capturing environment, leading to a significant exposure difference in each photo.
Here are some recommendations you may try:
1. Please avoid capturing when there is a strong wind. When taking a panoramic shot, keep the aircraft still. Please try capturing in an environment that is not windy, and check if the stitching is still abnormal.
2. Try capturing in an environment without wind after gimbal and IMU calibration.
3. Try formatting the microSD card or using another microSD card. Before formatting the microSD card, please back up the data on it.
4. Refresh the firmware and try capturing again.
Kindly keep us updated. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-1-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I see you've had a couple of useless comments and suggestions already.

You've already addressed the possibility of wind being involved and  it wouldn't make that much difference at that distance from the subject  anyway.
The suggestions to  format the microSD card or refresh the firmware are ridiculous and won't do a thing to fix the issue.
Where do these nonsense ideas come from?

The built in stitching function is very basic and only good for simple easy stitches.
More complicated stitching requires dedicated stitching software to process the individual images.
Large areas of water and blue sky are always tricky for stitching because the software cannot find and identify a series of common points to match on adjacent images.
2023-1-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

This is interesting to see.
I have had mixed results with the 'onboard' stitching.
Sometimes it worked much better than autopano, sometimes much worse.
2023-1-10
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

DJI stitching app is lower in control points than ICE or Lightroom for example...Because of this, when you have environment without strong contrast to make possible to identify control points that will be stitched, will go crazy.
This is especially valid when you get Pano or 360 with large water surfaces, as the upper photo does not present any points with high contrast in order to align with down and sides photos, making that ugly cut.
This is where you need to stitch it by hand, using manual points.
If you get clouds, will act like control points and you will not have issues in stitches with DJI internal app....
2023-1-10
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

Geo_Drone Posted at 1-10 03:26
DJI stitching app is lower in control points than ICE or Lightroom for example...Because of this, when you have environment without strong contrast to make possible to identify control points that will be stitched, will go crazy.
This is especially valid when you get Pano or 360 with large water surfaces, as the upper photo does not present any points with high contrast in order to align with down and sides photos, making that ugly cut.
This is where you need to stitch it by hand, using manual points.

The thing is that using lightroom and photoshop it never stiches the final photo as DJIs is.  Lightroom does a nice job of stiching but it is the outside in and facebook does not recognise it as 360 either coming from lightroom or photoshop. I cant find any software that does it correctly.
2023-1-10
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Niknik Posted at 1-10 03:46
The thing is that using lightroom and photoshop it never stiches the final photo as DJIs is.  Lightroom does a nice job of stiching but it is the outside in and facebook does not recognise it as 360 either coming from lightroom or photoshop. I cant find any software that does it correctly.

That is the easy part... You need to inject EXIF metadata, is a free tool, or change in Properties of the Jpeg at camera: RICOH and camera model: RICOH THETA S
That will allow FB to "see" the JPG as a 360.
2023-1-10
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

Geo_Drone Posted at 1-10 04:13
That is the easy part... You need to inject EXIF metadata, is a free tool, or change in Properties of the Jpeg at camera: RICOH and camera model: RICOH THETA S
That will allow FB to "see" the JPG as a 360.

I tried that but still nothing
But the strange is that the original photo and lightroom are different stitched
Here are the stitched ones:
Original

Lightroom

2023-1-10
Use props
BladeZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1111969 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-9 20:30
Hi, Niknik. Thank you for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience caused. The Panorama function was launched to resolve the smaller view of the existing camera. The principle of the Panorama function is to capture several photos with a certain overlap ratio and stitch them into a single photo for a wider view. Stitching is a process of searching for the edge parts on two images through an algorithm and overlapping the areas with the most proximate imaging effects to complete auto-stitching of the images. When the target is shot at a close distance, the coincidence degree between photos shot will become lower. As such, the software algorithm is unable to match the photo images, resulting in an error with the stitching position or a stitching error.
If a panoramic photo is poor in quality after stitching, it is often due to two possible reasons. The first is an excessively low overlap ratio for the photos that were shot. The second is a substantial change in the capturing environment, leading to a significant exposure difference in each photo.
Here are some recommendations you may try:

I have been having this issue for quite a while now.  I had this issue happen again on 31DEC2022.  There was no wind.  My SD card was reformatted. And I have refreshed the FW on the Mavic 3 before the flight.
2023-1-10
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have seen the same issue multiples time.
I and this is how the Mavic 3 stiching ruin a beautifull shot. Of corse, i do not know was ruin after uploaded, other wise i will re-take the shot mutiples times.

https://kuula.co/post/NjBMf
https://kuula.co/post/NjBMK

2023-1-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

BladeZ Posted at 1-10 08:45
I have been having this issue for quite a while now.  I had this issue happen again on 31DEC2022.  There was no wind.  My SD card was reformatted. And I have refreshed the FW on the Mavic 3 before the flight.

Hi, BladeZ. We are sorry you are going through the same concern. We sent you a PM to further help you with this issue. Kindly check at your earliest convenience. Thank you.
2023-1-10
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Niknik Posted at 1-10 07:10
I tried that but still nothing
But the strange is that the original photo and lightroom are different stitched
Here are the stitched ones:

Bismostitch, ICE, PTGUI....try this ones.
2023-1-11
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
  • >>>
Greece

Geo_Drone Posted at 1-11 05:21
Bismostitch, ICE, PTGUI....try this ones.

I used ICE did it perfect. Afrer I opened with photoshop the original one and inserted the ice export on top and completed the remaining top with the color of the top and saved it and done. Perfect in facebook.

Thanks for Your suggestion.
2023-1-11
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Niknik Posted at 1-11 09:52
I used ICE did it perfect. Afrer I opened with photoshop the original one and inserted the ice export on top and completed the remaining top with the color of the top and saved it and done. Perfect in facebook.

Thanks for Your suggestion.

Glad it helped.
Cheers.
2023-1-12
Use props
djiuser_YGv6dorSNMhZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 904206 ft
Puerto Rico

It is SO rare that my 360 photos don't have stitching issues. The only reason I hold onto them is I hope I'll find a way to salvage them in the future through another software.
2023-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules