1110 5 2023-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohanTerink
lvl.2
Flight distance : 96972 ft
Netherlands

Hi all,

I started the DJI Flight Simulator today and connected my RM500 Smart Controller to start flying virtually again and have some practise.
However, I noticed quite some weird behaviour:
Moving through the menu, the controls were over-responsive. One tap down with the left stick moved the selection down multiple rows.
Same with the horizontal selection of areas to fly in.

When I select an area and liftoff point and start the drone with the sticks, the drone flies, but shakey and I am unable to move properly in any direction.
With the view where I see the controller onscreen, and the control sticks twitch ingame, even though I am only pushing just the left trigger up.
I am unable now to fly properly in the simulator and can't figure out any more possible solutions...

DJI Flight Simulator Version 1.4.0.0 (re-installed this morning)
RM500 Version V01.01.0072 (updated this morning with DJI assistant 2)

Anyone else has or had this issue?
2023-1-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, JohanTerink. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry to read about the unpleasant experience. We need to verify some details to further isolate your concern. Have you tried doing an actual test flight with the drone and the remote controller? If yes, are you experiencing the same issue? Kindly perform the following steps:
1. Check whether your computer meets the System Requirements for running the DJI Flight Simulator: (https://www.dji.com/simulator/info#downloads Q4 and Q5). Please share the specific computer details with us, too.
2. Use another micro-USB cable. We recommend using an original micro-USB cable.
3. Calibrate the remote controller and refresh the remote controller firmware.
4. Try using another computer.
5. Try to install a plug-in.
(1) DirectX 11: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17431
(2) Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 or 2013 (X64): https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/zh-hans/vs/older-downloads/
Kindly keep us updated. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. Have a nice day.
2023-1-9
Use props
JohanTerink
lvl.2
Netherlands

Hi DJI Tony,

thank you for your reply, I have checked the steps:
1) Windows 11, 32GB, DirectX12, RTX3060, everything is above the specs. The Flight Simulator and RM500 have worked properly before.
2) I bought a new Samsung cable, the issue still occurs.
3) Sticks calibrated, issue still occurs.
4) Tried on laptop, same issue
5) DirectX 12 is already installed and C++ Redistributable as well. Issue still occurs.

It worked last year, so I'm afraid it might be a hardware issue. Unfortunately, I only have the Avata and Mavic 3, which are incompatible with the RM500.
Should I sent the controller for a check?
2023-1-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JohanTerink Posted at 1-11 06:14
Hi DJI Tony,

thank you for your reply, I have checked the steps:

Thank you for the update. We just received a confirmation from our related team about your concern. This issue is due to the compatibility issue between the remote controller and the software. Since the DJI Flight Simulator is old software and there are no updates on the software's firmware for a while now, it may experience such issues. We have reported your feedback to our related team for further optimization. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Keep safe.
2023-1-19
Use props
JohanTerink
lvl.2
Netherlands

Thank you for the information and effort taken in looking it up, really appreciate it.
Regarding the simulator, It's unfortunated, but understandable. Are there any plans for a newer version of the DJI Flight Simulator, or do you recommend any other simulator?
2023-1-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JohanTerink Posted at 1-20 00:44
Thank you for the information and effort taken in looking it up, really appreciate it.
Regarding the simulator, It's unfortunated, but understandable. Are there any plans for a newer version of the DJI Flight Simulator, or do you recommend any other simulator?

Hi there. Apologies for the delayed response. We have not received information regarding any updates for the DJI Flight Simulator. Currently, only DJI Flight Simulator that has been tested for the DJI Smart Controller. Alternatively, you may try checking with third-party simulators and see if it is compatible and can work with the remote controller. Your understanding is highly appreciated. Thanks for your continued support.
2023-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules