Does the Mavic 3 Classic Camera Auto-tilt down on RTH?
1222 10 2023-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1059072 ft
  • >>>
United States

One of the features I enjoyed on my Air2S was having the camera automatically tilt down as I approached to land. It would tilt back up right before it touched down. I can't find that feature on the M3 Classic. Does anyone know if the Classic has that feature. I do have a custom button that tilts the camera down, but I'm busy enough making sure my landing is safe and it would be great if the feature was automatic. Is it there? Did I miss it? If it doesn't work that way it would be nice to see that feature carried over from the Air2S.
Thanks

2023-1-10
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

I have a Mini 2 and Air 2S, it does that on both of them.
2023-1-10
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-10 09:27
I have a Mini 2 and Air 2S, it does that on both of them.

Thanks... I knew that.. just wondering about the Mavic 3 Classic
2023-1-10
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

arizona mavic flyer Posted at 1-10 09:49
Thanks... I knew that.. just wondering about the Mavic 3 Classic

oke,  but as you have a Mavic3 classic.....tell us if the cam automatically adjust to zero pitch just before land

But to answer your question, yes it does.  see the chart, data from a DJI Mavic3 Classic.

cheers
JJB
AutoCamPitch.png
2023-1-10
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 1-10 09:57
oke,  but as you have a Mavic3 classic.....tell us if the cam automatically adjust to zero pitch just before land

But to answer your question, yes it does.  see the chart, data from a DJI Mavic3 Classic.

I will try again when I fly tonight... so far I haven't seen the camera tilt down and have done it manually... thanks
2023-1-10
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

arizona mavic flyer Posted at 1-10 10:35
I will try again when I fly tonight... so far I haven't seen the camera tilt down and have done it manually... thanks

Don`t think it will auto-tilt down on RTH when approaching to land.

All my drones do not tilt down, they only adjust the cam from any position to zero pitch just before landon.
Guess i misread your question.
cheers
JJB

2023-1-10
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

On my two, the camera does not tilt down until it is over the home point.
2023-1-10
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-10 11:00
On my two, the camera does not tilt down until it is over the home point.

Yes, that's what I'm looking for on the Classic.
2023-1-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. As programmed, performance will be a bit different with these aircraft. With the DJI Air 2S, the gimbal will recenter when RTH is triggered and will be tilted downwards by 90° to prepare for a precision landing when it reaches above the Home Point. When the altitude is reduced to about 2 m, the gimbal recenters until landing. On the other hand, the DJI Mavic 3 Classic will keep its shooting angle when RTH is triggered and when it's above the Home Point. It would only be tilting downwards at 90° when it starts descending and will again recenter when it reaches 2.5 m altitude. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Happy flying!
2023-1-11
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-11 23:15
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. As programmed, performance will be a bit different with these aircraft. With the DJI Air 2S, the gimbal will recenter when RTH is triggered and will be tilted downwards by 90° to prepare for a precision landing when it reaches above the Home Point. When the altitude is reduced to about 2 m, the gimbal recenters until landing. On the other hand, the DJI Mavic 3 Classic will keep its shooting angle when RTH is triggered and when it's above the Home Point. It would only be tilting downwards at 90° when it starts descending and will again recenter when it reaches 2.5 m altitude. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Happy flying!

Thanks... I'll try that and see if it works...
2023-1-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

arizona mavic flyer Posted at 1-12 08:34
Thanks... I'll try that and see if it works...

You are very welcome. Please keep us posted. Have a nice day!
2023-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules