03 air unit canvas mode problems
6897 13 2023-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Josh Cheater
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1916526 ft
United States

Im having some issues getting the OSD to show up on the goggles. When I go the the CIL tab the set osd_displayport_device = MSP works but when I specify the MSP serial port number I get the following error ###error in set: invalid name: displayport_msp_serial = 0###.

Anyone else had this happen and found a fix?

2023-1-10
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The number you put in at the CLI has to be one smaller than the port (so someone said in their YT video and it worked for me).
This is what I watched:
[media][/media]
2023-1-10
Use props
Josh Cheater
lvl.3
United States

Depp Posted at 1-10 09:37
The number you put in at the CLI has to be one smaller than the port (so someone said in their YT video and it worked for me).
This is what I watched:
https://youtu.be/gQFcvDB5RC4

yeah, that's what I did. It's connected to UART 1 so I put 0 and get that error....
2023-1-10
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Josh Cheater Posted at 1-10 09:54
yeah, that's what I did. It's connected to UART 1 so I put 0 and get that error....

Damn. Then I don't know. Good luck!
2023-1-10
Use props
X4Productions
lvl.3
Flight distance : 606831 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

displayport_msp_serial on 4.4 dont exist anymore, set it on Port Configuration (VTX+DisplayPort)
2023-1-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Canvas Mode enables the flight controller to display OSD elements (such as battery voltage and flight distance) on the screen of the goggles. Users can configure which OSD elements to display and where to display the OSD elements on the screen using the Betaflight Configurator software.

Canvas Mode is compatible with Betaflight 4.3.0 and later.

1. Hardware Connection: connect the UART RX of the air unit to one of the UART TX serial ports (take UART4 as an example) of the flight control board.

2. Configuring UART: open the Betaflight Configurator software and select Ports. Turn on the MSP switch for the corresponding UART TX serial port (UART4) and set baud rate to 115200. Click Save and Reboot.

3. Configuring CLI:

Select CLI from the Betaflight Configurator software and make the following configuration:

1)        Set the osd_displayport_device to MSP:

set osd_displayport_device = MSP

2)        Specify the MSP serial port number. The number here should be the MSP UART TX serial port number minus 1. In this example, it should be 3.

set displayport_msp_serial = 3

3)        Save and exit: save

Canvas Mode initial setup is complete.
2023-1-11
Use props
ps3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 344098 ft
United States

X4Productions Posted at 1-11 05:34
displayport_msp_serial on 4.4 dont exist anymore, set it on Port Configuration (VTX+DisplayPort)

Yes! For the rest of the interwebs searching this works for 4.4 RC5 just as X4Productions said. thanks
2023-1-20
Use props
ps3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 344098 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-11 21:16
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Canvas Mode enables the flight controller to display OSD elements (such as battery voltage and flight distance) on the screen of the goggles. Users can configure which OSD elements to display and where to display the OSD elements on the screen using the Betaflight Configurator software.

Canvas Mode is compatible with Betaflight 4.3.0 and later.

not on 4.4 - the configuration is now set in the ports tab. you will receive an error when you enter "displayport_msp_serial = value"

How To Set MSP + Displayport for DJI on Betaflight 4.4 (RC5).png
2023-1-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

ps3 Posted at 1-20 18:41
not on 4.4 - the configuration is now set in the ports tab. you will receive an error when you enter "displayport_msp_serial = value"

[view_image]

Thank you for your feedback. We will coordinate this to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-1-22
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

It worked! Thanks. I was frustrated.
Now there is an issue on OSD HD for me. It doesn't work.
2023-2-16
Use props
Josh Cheater
lvl.3
Canada

Luca Rubino Posted at 2-16 14:42

OSD HD isn't supported yet unless you root the googles with WTFOS butter
2023-2-16
Use props
djiuser_2WRlU3PHbjCW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 652680 ft
Guatemala

Josh Cheater Posted at 2-16 15:05
OSD HD isn't supported yet unless you root the googles with WTFOS butter

even with the goggles 2?
2023-3-18
Use props
djiuser_2WRlU3PHbjCW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 652680 ft
Guatemala

ps3 Posted at 1-20 18:41
not on 4.4 - the configuration is now set in the ports tab. you will receive an error when you enter "displayport_msp_serial = value"

[view_image]

so after is set it up in the ports tab what then? im using vista unit with goggles 2 and still unable to get full osd

2023-3-18
Use props
TT4400GG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 76250 ft
United States

Luca Rubino Posted at 2-16 14:42

I use BF4.4.0 on my quads, and Goggles 2 with 03 air units ... And I use PAL mode in the OSD tab of BFC.  HD OSD mode doesn't work on DJI 03.  HD OSD mode only works on Avatar.
And, the OSD will not be displayed out to the edges though - but will be in from them, more towards the center.  
And the font will be large.  However, I hardly notice anymore while flying - unless I'd just flown my Avatar beforehand.
On the plus side - Goggles 2 records everything you see in the goggles while flying -- which I find very useful for debugging.  I love that feature.

2023-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules