Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Android DJI GO version 2.02
12Next >
5896 73 2015-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jorski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 171946 ft
Finland

There is new version for Android, on Play store. What has change or fixed?
2015-8-17
Use props
jorski
lvl.4
Finland

SOLVED!
I have updated my Sony and major feature was:
DJI GO CRASH IMMEDIATELY, YOU SIGN UP!!

Well done again DJI, many thanks! Would it be possible to test new version, before release.....?
2015-8-17
Use props
Chawla
lvl.1
United States

jorski@netti.fi Posted at 2015-8-18 03:28
SOLVED!

And there I go learning lessons again on the fly. in the field flying. DJI Go app loses connection, as per schedule ( just does it about 10-15 minutes in every time, like clockwork). I land. I think, what the hell, why just restart it? there's a new version there maybe they fixed something. What could go wrong?

Update to 2.0.2, launch DJI Go and watch DJI Go Crash. Not the plane, the android app. it can't even stay open a full second. Galaxy S6.  

I did learn at least  one lesson previously and had stashed the previous DJI Go installer, so I'm back in business. But man. There is something to be said for testing software. I'd advise anyone wanting a piece of the new apps to back up copies of the old one before going to that part of the jungle...

2015-8-17
Use props
jackiedh
First Officer
Flight distance : 83589314 ft
  • >>>
United States

Chawla Posted at 2015-8-18 03:45
And there I go learning lessons again on the fly. in the field flying. DJI Go app loses connection ...

Same here on the new 2.0.2 update crashes both my Note 3 & Shield--back to 2.0.1 all good!!!

Nice DJI!!

Jack
2015-8-17
Use props
Total
First Officer
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

jackiedh Posted at 2015-8-18 05:18
Same here on the new 2.0.2 update crashes both my Note 3 & Shield--back to 2.0.1 all good!!!

Nice ...

Wish that I would of read the forum BEFORE I updated the app . crashes on start up ///...
2015-8-17
Use props
aburkefl
First Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Total Posted at 2015-8-18 09:11
Wish that I would of read the forum BEFORE I updated the app . crashes on start up ///...

Join my club - I never go looking for updated apps or new firmware. Everyone floods here to the forum to announce their availability! Then we lurk around the corner, waiting for someone else to be the beta tester (guinea pig!) and tell us whether it worked or not.

At the moment I'm two app updates and one firmware update "behind" but my P3P is still flying just fine. You guys wake me up when the Android version of the GO app really works. LOL!
2015-8-17
Use props
iheartrobots200
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39816 ft
United States

HTC One M8 CRASH CRASH CRASH
2015-8-17
Use props
iheartrobots200
lvl.1
United States

Downloaded the 2.01 apk from here and it looks like we're good to go.  Make sure you download the 2.01 apk and not the new one.  http://www.apkpure.com/dji-go/dji.pilot.  And turn off app auto-updates.
2015-8-17
Use props
duke
lvl.1

United States

Mine's running normally again with 2.01 and the latest firmware. After the firmware F--oulUp, I don't think I'll ever update another DJI firmware or app ever again.
2015-8-17
Use props
rayrokni
Captain
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

SOLVED!

it can not be DJI fault if it crashes on your device, maybe there is a reason it crashes on your device. i would check and see how much free ram you have, are all other apps stopped, do some troubleshooting because there obviously are other users with android seups that dont have problems crashing as soon as signed on!!!
2015-8-17
Use props
rayrokni
Captain
United States

Chawla Posted at 2015-8-18 03:45
And there I go learning lessons again on the fly. in the field flying. DJI Go app loses connection ...

maybe your device is over heating!!
2015-8-17
Use props
Total
First Officer
Canada

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-18 11:06
maybe your device is over heating!!

Mine was not overheating , crash on start up . Deleted the app 2.02 off my phone , loaded in the 2.01 app and went flying . Sony Z2  .  Looks like we will see a 2.03 coming out soon ..........
2015-8-17
Use props
Total
First Officer
Canada

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-18 11:04
it can not be DJI fault if it crashes on your device, maybe there is a reason it crashes on your d ...

How do you know this ? "obviously are other users with android seups that dont have problems crashing as soon as signed on!!! "
2015-8-17
Use props
rayrokni
Captain
United States

Total Posted at 2015-8-18 11:42
How do you know this ? "obviously are other users with android seups that dont have problems crash ...

because the forum would be full of android users reporting the same issue.
because i know of other android users without that issue, one of them being myself using a digiland chapo android device as well as my ios device
2015-8-17
Use props
ag0n
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Finally decided to pull the trigger after holding back a couple of weeks.  Did all the latest upgrades, the Go app, FW for the bird and the RC.  It works a lot better than the previous load.  It DID however, lose connection when only about 50 yards out on the first flight.  I brought it back closer and it regained signal.  I continued to fly and finished out a 10 minute flight.  At no time during the continuous video, was there breakup in the playback like there had been before when losing connection.  In fact, I took a test flight right before upgrading, and the video crashed at the same time the signal did.  I landed and took it in to do the upgrades.  Yes, I did full IMU and gimbal. calibration and calibrated the compass before takeoff.
2015-8-17
Use props
EL SID
lvl.3

United States

Total Posted at 2015-8-18 11:28
Mine was not overheating , crash on start up . Deleted the app 2.02 off my phone , loaded in the 2 ...

My Samsung Tab is also crashing now with the lastest upgrade.
How do you revert back one version?
2015-8-17
Use props
arolh
lvl.1

Canada

EL SID Posted at 2015-8-18 12:38
My Samsung Tab is also crashing now with the lastest upgrade.
How do you revert back one version?

My Samsung Galaxy S4 is also crashing.  My questions is - if I delete the app and then re-install using a lower version .apk (as in the above link) will I lose information like flight logs etc?
2015-8-17
Use props
Total
First Officer
Canada

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-18 12:00
because the forum would be full of android users reporting the same issue.
because i know of other ...

3 users good for them if it works and does not crash .....  Just wait more will be coming out of the woodwork soon ...  I personally have never had a issue with any app , except this one ...
2015-8-17
Use props
Total
First Officer
Canada

arolh Posted at 2015-8-18 12:42
My Samsung Galaxy S4 is also crashing.  My questions is - if I delete the app and then re-install  ...

I deleted the 2.02 and re-installed the  2.01 app and my flight logs were still there , also my settings were not lost either ..
2015-8-17
Use props
axidify
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2867146 ft
Malaysia

my xiaomi mi3 is working just fine with the past 2 updated android apps
2015-8-17
Use props
tomlog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 689511 ft
  • >>>
United States

My Galaxy Tab S 8.4 was crashing also but I got it working ok now. What I did was go in to your settings then applications look for the DJI GO app click to open it then click CLEAR DATA then relaunch the app. You will need to re login your flight log's should come back as long as you have synced. Don't know if it will work for everyone but it did work for me.
2015-8-17
Use props
rayrokni
Captain
United States

tomlog@sbcgloba Posted at 2015-8-18 13:51
My Galaxy Tab S 8.4 was crashing also but I got it working ok now. What I did was go in to your sett ...

good job tomlog.

see, where there is a will thers a way. troubleshoot as much as you can first before giving up and start the blaming game. not you tomlog
2015-8-17
Use props
iheartrobots200
lvl.1
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-18 11:04
it can not be DJI fault if it crashes on your device, maybe there is a reason it crashes on your d ...

It's DJI's fault for pushing an update to non-compatible devices.  The small list of compatible devices was listed on the DJI site, but that doesn't mean those w/ non-compatible devices didn't get the update pushed to them anyway.  It's not responsible to push an update to devices that aren't compatible and then leave it up to the users to figure out a fix by wasting time on forums.  End of story.  And no, it has nothing to do w/ RAM or open apps.  That's ridiculous.  
2015-8-17
Use props
iheartrobots200
lvl.1
United States

arolh Posted at 2015-8-18 12:42
My Samsung Galaxy S4 is also crashing.  My questions is - if I delete the app and then re-install  ...

Your flight logs will not be lost.  I'm looking at mine right now.  They're cloud synced.
2015-8-17
Use props
Kyokushin
Captain
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

iheartrobots200 Posted at 2015-8-18 14:35
It's DJI's fault for pushing an update to non-compatible devices.  The small list of compatible de ...

But on supported Devices users also have the same problems, for example video lag and cpu consumption.
2015-8-17
Use props
rayrokni
Captain
United States

It's DJI's fault for pushing an update to non-compatible devices.  The small list of compatible de ...

listen to what u r saying.you are saying its dji fault that you are using a device not tested and on their list. the operating system android in its different formats are on many devices. the ones tested by dji are listed as supported. you have one that is not on the list, nor is mine, dji app looks at the os not the device brand, it then lets you install if it meets its requirements. dji can not put updates for some devices and not for others, how do they know what device you have? that is why they have a list that they test it on. it is illogical to expect them to test the app on every single brand of android device!!!
and what is ridiculous about not having enough available ram or cpu power in order to run an app that is pretty intensive on cpu and ram?

listen to everyone in this thread that has solved the problem by uninstalling and deleting whatever the said to delete and reinstall, or you can just keep blaming DJI and dont get your problem solved.
have a nice day
2015-8-17
Use props
d.j1977
lvl.3

Israel

Need to delete the app and manualy delete all the files that left after removing the app.and install it again.
2015-8-17
Use props
Mark97564
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Runs fine on my note 3 and iPad mini 2. And when my devices over heat the video lags and scrambles. I know it's over heating causing it too cuz if I leave my p3 hover and start my car and blow the ac vent onto my iPad for a minute the video will be fine for the rest of the flight.,  I've learned if I fly in over 80 to 85 degree weather I will only get 1 good flight. Maybe 2 if I'm in the shade and font set the iPad and controller down out of the shade.  I built a peltier device that sticks to my iPad mini 2 and cools it, it works great. It just sucks cuz it's added weight of the cooling device and a 3 cell lips to run it, so most of the time if I'm flying near my car I will start it and turn the ac on high and cool my iPad between battery changes on my p3 and I can normally keep flying with a 2 minute iPad cool down break per battery. Lightbridge on my f550 is also affected when I'm flying in hot weather...  The light bridge puts a nice load on a iPad or android device for decoding the video...  One way around the headache is I will use a monitor plugged into my p3 remotes hdmi port.  Then video is fine and I use the iPad just to access the settings, which I honestly rarely need to do cuz everything I need has buttons on the controller...
2015-8-17
Use props
rayrokni
Captain
United States

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-8-18 15:22
Runs fine on my note 3 and iPad mini 2. And when my devices over heat the video lags and scrambles.  ...

great idea using the monitor, thanks. i suppose you use an inverter in your car for the monitor, right?
i suppose you also set all your safe return and such before take off?
2015-8-17
Use props
ScottyT
Second Officer

Australia

There's no point arguing with stupid. Just ignore the know-all...it stops him getting worked up when you disagree with him.
2015-8-18
Use props
Nemmo
lvl.1

Russia

SOLVED!

Yes the same for me on Nvidia Shield.
I'll Clear  app's cash and reload again. This time it was successfull
2015-8-18
Use props
Nemmo
lvl.1

Russia

My Galaxy Tab S 8.4 was crashing also but I got it working ok now. What I did was go in to your sett ...

Yes I've done the same/. Then connect with 2.02. But have "non flight weather today"/ On air Test still impossible
2015-8-18
Use props
k.kavelaars
lvl.3

Netherlands

Me olso i dit a clean install and now its solved
2015-8-18
Use props
tannar86
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1712044 ft
Estonia

All good with LG G3 phone
2015-8-18
Use props
k.kavelaars
lvl.3

Netherlands

Yes all good with the LG, its olso running ok on my galaxi tab 4..first time shutting down all the time then did a clean install and now it is working..
2015-8-18
Use props
phuscher
New

United States

Good morning all....p3p w/galaxy 8.4 tab...dji pilot installed (not dji go)...with no previous problems...updated aircraft & controller with 1.3.20 firmware...now pilot app disconnects while flying...have to reboot or disconnect/reconnect usb cable to start app over...I don't think it's the app...I thinks it's the firmware...pete
2015-8-18
Use props
arolh
lvl.1

Canada

iheartrobots200 Posted at 2015-8-18 14:38
Your flight logs will not be lost.  I'm looking at mine right now.  They're cloud synced.

Thanks for replying and posting the link to the .apks.  Will give it a try.
2015-8-18
Use props
Mark97564
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

No I went to best buy which is my local electronics store and looked at the back of all the Tv's they had on display looking for one that was the size I wanted and also used a external 12v dc power adapter with a barrel plug connection. I found a 19in TV that handles 720p for $60 and I been using a 3 cell 5000mah lipo battery to run it..  Works great and I've got about a 6 hr run time off the lipo..  I was looking at computer monitors at first but they all cost way more than the Tv's did...  It also has a USB port on it for playing videos back but I mainly use it to power my hauppage pvr for ground recording.  I like the video with the osd on it too for knowing the details about the flight I recorded the video with.  With the go app you can select video on both the iPad and monitor or just the monitor. I set it to monitor only so the iPad is responsive when I want to use it to change a setting or something while in flight..  Or I will leave both video feeds on and make the map big on the iPad and the video a small square in the corner, with the small video in the corner it seems to not over heat the iPad too..  I've also noticed if I shut video cache off on hot days it also helps with smoothing out the video when the iPad gets hot. It won't record my flight on the iPad then which I like to do in case I need it to find my p3 but I'm usually recording with my pvr when using the monitor anyway so it's not too big of a issue....  
2015-8-18
Use props
john_351
lvl.3
Flight distance : 128675 ft
United States

So mine auto updated to 2.02, and it would not run without crashing in first few seconds.  So no dji go for the last few days.

I looked at my phone status screen a min ago, it showed the updates & dji go was listed.  It still lists as 2.02, but it does not crash.   

So for others having the immediate crash issue, might try un-installing and installing.  Maybe there's no code change, but something in the install package was amiss.
2015-8-18
Use props
jorski
lvl.4
Finland

Nemmo Posted at 2015-8-18 17:28
Yes I've done the same/. Then connect with 2.02. But have "non flight weather today"/ On air Test s ...

Hi. Have you test your Nvidia with DJI GO 2.0.02?
2015-8-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules