Another update
3221 35 2023-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lieutenant
lvl.4
Australia

Just installed another update today.
Said something about improvements to recording (controller I think), plus other fixes.

2023-1-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you, yes, says Optimised the flight recorder, RC fw 800gb+ but one is not in a rush to update that just yet...
2023-1-11
Use props
Lieutenant
lvl.4
Australia

Bashy Posted at 1-11 21:28
Thank you, yes, says Optimised the flight recorder, RC fw 800gb+ but one is not in a rush to update that just yet...

So is that the screen recorder ? or flight data (black box) ?
2023-1-11
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lieutenant Posted at 1-11 21:55

It is generally not wise to be to eager to install updates
2023-1-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lieutenant Posted at 1-11 21:55

IMO, the flight data
2023-1-11
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No one knows as DJI puts out very poor details on minor updates
2023-1-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 1-11 21:28
Thank you, yes, says Optimised the flight recorder, RC fw 800gb+ but one is not in a rush to update that just yet...

Seems they patched our patch Bashy.
2023-1-12
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-12 00:45
No one knows as DJI puts out very poor details on minor updates

And sometimes issues "fixes" to fix various hacks for FCC and other modes or add restrictions.

Always dubious of a DJI update that doesnt have a clearly stated fix or feature improvement.
2023-1-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.  

Another update with lack of sufficient details by DJI.  
2023-1-12
Use props
Lieutenant
lvl.4
Australia

I would have sent it for a flight to check if anything's different but it's been heaps windy here lately.
2023-1-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-12 01:44

NO way, have they? how rude...

EDIT just seen it, well i ain't waisting 50 odd quid so i wont be updating, he is looking into it though...
2023-1-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 1-12 05:26
NO way, have they? how rude...

EDIT just seen it, well i ain't waisting 50 odd quid so i wont be updating, he is looking into it though...

Apart from the website is there another forum where he hangs out?
2023-1-12
Use props
Bill Adama
lvl.4
Flight distance : 515190 ft
United Kingdom

Patched the patch .. cunning.
2023-1-12
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Bill Adama Posted at 1-12 06:14
Patched the patch .. cunning.

A patch FCC from a Chinese?
2023-1-12
Use props
ShadowyMan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48392 ft
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 1-12 01:44

Ah, the never-ending game of cat and mouse. Good luck!
2023-1-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
France

DAFlys Posted at 1-12 05:53
Apart from the website is there another forum where he hangs out?

Only Instagram and FB, other than that i ain't got a clue
2023-1-12
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 1-12 02:19
And sometimes issues "fixes" to fix various hacks for FCC and other modes or add restrictions.

Always dubious of a DJI update that doesnt have a clearly stated fix or feature improvement.

Yup If you are happy with your drone dont update it.  They can sneak all sorts of stuff in.
That is actually somthing against using the DJI RC for several drones..... You could be totally happy with say your Air 2S. Then say they add the Mini 2 and to get that you update and low and behold they have messed with your A2S that you were happy with
2023-1-12
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K!
2023-1-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 1-12 09:26
Only Instagram and FB, other than that i ain't got a clue

Could you pm me the I stagram.  I’m not on fb.
2023-1-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ShadowyMan Posted at 1-12 09:21
Ah, the never-ending game of cat and mouse. Good luck!

Thanks man.  
2023-1-12
Use props
Prezzodrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8533 ft

United Kingdom

Why dont they say what’s changed?
2023-1-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

from what i understand, part of your responsibility as a part 107 commercial license holder is to stay current with software.  basically it means keeping your airplane up to date and that includes applying manufacturer software updates when made officially available.  also means not rolling back software, avoiding software with features you don't like, applying "rogue" software to defeat certain features.  i am also told this is an important "law" just like all the other rules and regulation that we all must abide by like 250g, 400 feet agl, vlos, trust, registration, etc.  we don't get to pick and choose which ones we like and which ones we don't like.  i hate all these ridiculous "laws" and i believe they are unnecessary for safety, but i try to follow all of them the best i can because i am a law-abiding citizen.  but i am recreational (not commercial) so perhaps some of our part 107 forum members can correct me if my understanding it wrong and let us know why it's ok to reject this (or any other) software update if you choose to?
2023-1-12
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 1-12 12:11
from what i understand, part of your responsibility as a part 107 commercial license holder is to stay current with software.  basically it means keeping your airplane up to date and that includes applying manufacturer software updates when made officially available.  also means not rolling back software, avoiding software with features you don't like, applying "rogue" software to defeat certain features.  i am also told this is an important "law" just like all the other rules and regulation that we all must abide by like 250g, 400 feet agl, vlos, trust, registration, etc.  we don't get to pick and choose which ones we like and which ones we don't like.  i hate all these ridiculous "laws" and i believe they are unnecessary for safety, but i try to follow all of them the best i can because i am a law-abiding citizen.  but i am recreational (not commercial) so perhaps some of our part 107 forum members can correct me if my understanding it wrong and let us know why it's ok to reject this (or any other) software update if you choose to?

I think you should also remember that the Individual is responsible for their drone and if you think installing new software can be a safety issue I would argue that it is your responsibility not to install it.

Either way you know only too well that there is no one who polices these ridiculous rules and quite honestly a person is far happier if they don't know about then,

It is all so complicated that no one fully understands and to be honest very few sensible people care about this nonsense.

There are far far more important and pressing things that people should spend their time and energy on

2 Points
2023-1-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-12 13:52
I think you should also remember that the Individual is responsible for their drone and if you think installing new software can be a safety issue I would argue that it is your responsibility not to install it.

Either way you know only too well that there is no one who polices these ridiculous rules and quite honestly a person is far happier if they don't know about then,

you must be talking about recreational pilots because part 107 commercial pilots care about all the rules, not just some of them.  dji doesn't launch unsafe sw, that's not going to fly as an argument.

if what you saying is true about no policing and flippant, why are people weighing their drones down to the last gram?  why is everyone in europe afraid to be caught flying a 251g drone inside the city limits?  why so many complaints about green leds and strobes that go off then cameras come on?  what's all the fuss about carrying a certificate in your pocket and showing it to law enforcement upon demand?  if they run your license, weight your drone, and check your leds, do you not think they will check the sw version?

all i want to know is which ones do we care about and which ones do we not care about since it seems to change on a daily basis.
2023-1-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 1-12 10:36
Strange things are afoot at the Circle K!

For sure.  
2023-1-12
Use props
fans21f46d12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129514 ft
United States

Woe, it appears only 5 people on this forum?
2023-1-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here in the UK the law states that even rec flyers are expected to stay current with the latest software, but does that mean we should compromise safety in the process, there have been times when new firmware has introduced issues, so would it not be prudent to hold off on updates until the Guinea pigs have tested it 1st?
2023-1-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Lieutenant. Thank you for reaching out. "Optimized the Flight Recorded" update refers to the optimization of the occasional issues about flight records on the previous App that were reported by customers. We recommend that all users update their firmware and feel free to use it. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Happy flying!
2023-1-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 1-12 18:58
Here in the UK the law states that even rec flyers are expected to stay current with the latest software, but does that mean we should compromise safety in the process, there have been times when new firmware has introduced issues, so would it not be prudent to hold off on updates until the Guinea pigs have tested it 1st?

that's not part of the law.  the law doesn't saw update but only you think it's safe to do so.  it could be argued that your version is less safe which is likely why the update has arrived.  why even put a rule into place if all the user has to say is i need to wait 1 month or 1 year to make sure it's safe.  or, the manufacturer won't tell me everything that's in it so i can't trust it.  sorry, not in the regulations.

fine, i know we bend the rules.  just remember that later on...the bending part.  a ton of people won't upgrade in general because they don't want rid so there's that as well.  i guess in america, rec pilots who are forced to join clubs must abide by club bylaws so it probably counts for us, too.  i just find it laughable "rules for thee not for me" type of thinking that goes on sometimes.  honestly i don't think anyone can be blamed for not updating right away, but "not anytime soon"  or see it and skip it?  c'mon.
2023-1-12
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2885656 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updated this morning and didn't observe any changes, nothing noticeable at least.
2023-1-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 1-12 21:01
that's not part of the law.  the law doesn't saw update but only you think it's safe to do so.  it could be argued that your version is less safe which is likely why the update has arrived.  why even put a rule into place if all the user has to say is i need to wait 1 month or 1 year to make sure it's safe.  or, the manufacturer won't tell me everything that's in it so i can't trust it.  sorry, not in the regulations.

fine, i know we bend the rules.  just remember that later on...the bending part.  a ton of people won't upgrade in general because they don't want rid so there's that as well.  i guess in america, rec pilots who are forced to join clubs must abide by club bylaws so it probably counts for us, too.  i just find it laughable "rules for thee not for me" type of thinking that goes on sometimes.  honestly i don't think anyone can be blamed for not updating right away, but "not anytime soon"  or see it and skip it?  c'mon.

I know it doesnt say thay, dont put words into my mouth,

1. i said does that mean we should compromise safety!
    2. i didn't specify a time frame either
    3. i did not mention one word about not upgrading because DJI won't say whats in the update,

Not all fw updates have been plain sailing and it is my responsibility as a pilot to ensure that the flight is as safe as possible, in mitigation, that means that i will wait to see how others fair on the update, the fact that there's an added bonus meaning that i can keep this fw longer then so be it.

HA HA HA HA, ..."i just find it laughable "rules for thee and not for me" that's got to be a joke right? because youre a hypocrite, you have stated in the past that the rules don't apply to you because you don't agree with them, i paraphrased on that but that pretty much sums up your beliefs in the drone laws.

And then in your next breath, "i don't think anyone can be blamed for not updating right away"

Which is it, make up your mind, we can be blamed or we cant be, ya cant have both.

Thats me out!
2023-1-12
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 1-12 14:05
you must be talking about recreational pilots because part 107 commercial pilots care about all the rules, not just some of them.  dji doesn't launch unsafe sw, that's not going to fly as an argument.

if what you saying is true about no policing and flippant, why are people weighing their drones down to the last gram?  why is everyone in europe afraid to be caught flying a 251g drone inside the city limits?  why so many complaints about green leds and strobes that go off then cameras come on?  what's all the fuss about carrying a certificate in your pocket and showing it to law enforcement upon demand?  if they run your license, weight your drone, and check your leds, do you not think they will check the sw version?

You seem to speak for many people. How can you be so sure

You are giving your own opinion and nothing else
2023-1-12
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I had a strange issue with the flight recorder in the 1.9.0 app. On the DJI RC the app got into a loop updating one of the flights, telling it updates and then telling update failed, looped around until leaving the flight recorder menu. Last night I installed the 1.9.1 on my two DJI RCs and one DJI RC Pro. I'm not sure if the fix works because the one flight that posed the problem still does not appear on the two DJI RCs, only on the RC Pro. But I am sure this is the reason for the new App update.
2023-1-13
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 1-12 22:24
I know it doesnt say thay, dont put words into my mouth,

1. i said does that mean we should compromise safety!

of course the rules apply to me, don't be silly.  i never said the rules don't apply to me and neither should you.  but i still don't agree with them meaning i don't believe they are put into place for safety reasons.  means if it were up to me i would repeal most of them and every chance i get, i will oppose them.  you can be law-abiding and protest and redress at the same time.  i know that's a foreign concept to those who serve the crown but it's a symbol of freedom and we have that over here.  so i will forgive you for not understanding my position and being confused about my cause.  i can have it anyway i want because the people decide; we make the rules and the governments obey them.   unfortunately too many people have forgotten that.

not every sentence in the post was meant for you, i just replied to yours.  i know you didn't say certain things but it was mentioned someone in the forum.  the timeframes are just an example but it's relevant.  the law doesn't specific so i'm sure the timing is somewhere in between immediate and never.  what's reasonable is different for each person.  maybe you didn't see the update or you forget about it or you'll get to it later, that's fine.  rejecting it, rolling back, taking 6 months to decide....not fine.
2023-1-13
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-12 23:39
You seem to speak for many people. How can you be so sure

You are giving your own opinion and nothing else

no i only speak for myself.  but if i do speak for everybody, i'll let you know.  this is a public forum and it's one big opinion piece for the participants.  posts don't have to start every sentence with imo or imho.  i've mentioned this before but people seems to don't want to accept it; really not that hard:  everything i post is my opinion and no, i don't work for dji.  are we good now?
2023-1-13
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 1-13 07:18
no i only speak for myself.  but if i do speak for everybody, i'll let you know.  this is a public forum and it's one big opinion piece for the participants.  posts don't have to start every sentence with imo or imho.  i've mentioned this before but people seems to don't want to accept it; really not that hard:  everything i post is my opinion and no, i don't work for dji.  are we good now?

Perhaps you should read you own posts. As you did speak for all Professional drone pilots
2023-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules