Dji Fpv Drone Camera Issue
2508 6 2023-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pete Watson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31424 ft
United Kingdom

I've installed a new camera module on my Dji fpv drone but Goggles v2 display (Camera Needs Calibrating) Please note this is nothing to do with the Gimble calibration that is done through the goggles. Both Dji Fly apps will not calibrate the Main camera, Android see's it needs calibration and asks to download calibration data but the download always fails, on Apple Ios Dji fly app does not see any issue with drone and there is no option to calibrate main camera?

Fly App

Fly App

Fly App

Fly App

Fly App

Fly App

Goggles v2 Message

Goggles v2 Message
2023-1-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm the reason why you replace the camera module of the aircraft? Did the unit experience a hard landing or crash? If yes, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2023-1-13
Use props
Pete Watson
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-13 20:11
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm the reason why you replace the camera module of the aircraft? Did the unit experience a hard landing or crash? If yes, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

Don't even know why I bother DJI Support are useless you obviously know nothing about the DJI FPV Drone. It can't be any clearer in my post above that there is an issue with the DJI Fly App. Support are just too lazy to report it. This is my 4th post on this I've had this drone over a year and repaired it so many times, and now i'm stuck because of this software issue.

It's nothing to do with the drone, if I put the old camera back in the drone there is no camera calibration issue, it's a DJI software issue!!!, I will try and find a third party way to calibrate it, if I can't I will strip it for parts and sell them on ebay, what a shame a perfectly good drone let down by zero support.
I mean come on can you not see the picture download failed in my post above ????? no problem downloading firmware to lock the drone down even more.. and stop my googles using my vista unit,

2023-1-14
Use props
Pete Watson
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Pete Watson Posted at 1-14 01:28
Don't even know why I bother DJI Support are useless you obviously know nothing about the DJI FPV Drone. It can't be any clearer in my post above that there is an issue with the DJI Fly App. Support are just too lazy to report it. This is my 4th post on this I've had this drone over a year and repaired it so many times, and now i'm stuck because of this software issue.

It's nothing to do with the drone, if I put the old camera back in the drone there is no camera calibration issue, it's a DJI software issue!!!, I will try and find a third party way to calibrate it, if I can't I will strip it for parts and sell them on ebay, what a shame a perfectly good drone let down by zero support.

I've come to the conclusion that DJI support just cut and paste there reply's, it's a shame they don't have the technical knowledge to help.

Only way I could fix my issue was to remove the main usb-c board from the damaged second hand drone I bought off ebay and install it into my working drone, this is where the camera came from, it took me over an hour to remove and install in my other drone, calibrate camera is now gone and drone is working fine. Any damage to the camera on the Dji Fpv Drone and you have no choice but to change the main board and camera from the same drone, a camera from a different fpv drone will not work and need calibrating, there is no way of calibrating as the Dji Fly app does not work.
2023-1-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Pete Watson Posted at 1-14 09:03
I've come to the conclusion that DJI support just cut and paste there reply's, it's a shame they don't have the technical knowledge to help.

Only way I could fix my issue was to remove the main usb-c board from the damaged second hand drone I bought off ebay and install it into my working drone, this is where the camera came from, it took me over an hour to remove and install in my other drone, calibrate camera is now gone and drone is working fine. Any damage to the camera on the Dji Fpv Drone and you have no choice but to change the main board and camera from the same drone, a camera from a different fpv drone will not work and need calibrating, there is no way of calibrating as the Dji Fly app does not work.

We totally understand your frustration, Pete. However, there are only two ways to update/refresh the firmware/software of the drone and that would be via the app and DJI Assistant 2 software. Kindly please update/refresh the firmware of the unit using the DJI Assistant 2. If the issue persists, we highly recommend sending the unit in for repair. Some software can not be updated by the user remotely and thus we recommend sending the unit in for further diagnostics. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-1-15
Use props
DubSound
Second Officer
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pete Watson Posted at 1-14 01:28
Don't even know why I bother DJI Support are useless you obviously know nothing about the DJI FPV Drone. It can't be any clearer in my post above that there is an issue with the DJI Fly App. Support are just too lazy to report it. This is my 4th post on this I've had this drone over a year and repaired it so many times, and now i'm stuck because of this software issue.

It's nothing to do with the drone, if I put the old camera back in the drone there is no camera calibration issue, it's a DJI software issue!!!, I will try and find a third party way to calibrate it, if I can't I will strip it for parts and sell them on ebay, what a shame a perfectly good drone let down by zero support.

You've come to a user forum, DJI Support don't really tend to help much here. You want to go to DJI Support and not the forums. DJI moderator staff get very limited information and as you mention, just copy and paste the same response. You need to actually contact support and not use the forums.
2023-1-16
Use props
Pete Watson
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DubSound Posted at 1-16 02:47
You've come to a user forum, DJI Support don't really tend to help much here. You want to go to DJI Support and not the forums. DJI moderator staff get very limited information and as you mention, just copy and paste the same response. You need to actually contact support and not use the forums.

No worries thanks, I will give them a try.
2023-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules