Connection Issues!
2420 23 2023-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
weapon90
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22825 ft
United Kingdom

Aircraft two weeks old and been fine, now won’t connect to controller and yes I’ve doing manual transmission since I got it and been fine up until now, restarted controller, aircraft and phone and uninstalled app but still no luck.  DJI support is offline, anyone any ideas?
2023-1-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_KMnpFoIEh3y2. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please tell us what is the exact error message on the DJI Fly? Is it aircraft not connected or RC not connected to a mobile device? What firmware versions do the RC and aircraft have? We will wait for your reply. Thank you.
2023-1-13
Use props
weapon90
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-13 19:40
Hi, djiuser_KMnpFoIEh3y2. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please tell us what is the exact error message on the DJI Fly? Is it aircraft not connected or RC not connected to a mobile device? What firmware versions do the RC and aircraft have? We will wait for your reply. Thank you.

Hi, the remote controller is connecting to the mobile phone okay I can confirm that (iPhone 13) it’s the aircraft and controller that don’t connect.  I have connected both to laptop via DJI Assist and both have the up to date firmware running, I am not at home whilst typing this but is there a quick way of checking the firmware details for you other than connecting both to DJI Assist?
2023-1-14
Use props
weapon90
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-13 19:40

Hi there were updates for both the aircraft and controller available today so am running:

Aircraft V01.02.0000
Controller V01.00.0600
2023-1-14
Use props
weapon90
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Update to this for anyone interested, spoke to DJI online chat and after asking me to try with phone case off, different phone and cable (despite me assuring that the phone is connecting to controller okay it’s the controller and aircraft not connecting) they’ve agreed to take back for analysis and sending me a postage label.  I asked if this is related to using manual transmission and not auto and am assured it’s not related despite all the different posts on here.  I must admit I did use manual several times before the issue happened so perhaps it’s not related.
2023-1-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

weapon90 Posted at 1-14 12:38
Hi there were updates for both the aircraft and controller available today so am running:

Aircraft V01.02.0000

Hi, weapon90. Thank you for the update. Upon checking, firmware versions are updated. Before you send it in, kindly try to pair the remote controller and aircraft using the physical buttons. Here's a video tutorial for reference: (The drone in the video is Mavic Mini but this also applies with Mini SE. Please start at 1:23). If the issue persists, kindly download/refresh the firmware again using the DJI Assistant 2. At present, the DJI Assistant 2 software downloaded from the official website cannot upgrade the DJI Mini SE directly, but the DJI Assistant 2 can be modified to achieve the upgrade. Please check the below steps:
a. Please download the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) from the DJI Website.(https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mini-se)
b. Open the folder where the assistant software is located, and find the ""DJI Engine"" folder, find ""defaultsettings.ini"", then open it and change the ""0"" to ""1"". Please refer to the below path for Windows and Mac:
For Windows - Program Files (x86) > DJI Product > DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones) > DJI Engine > , find ""defaultsettings.ini"", then open it and change the ""0"" to ""1"".

For Mac: Right-click the DJI Assistant 2 software > Show Package Contents, then follow the below photo to find the defaultsettings.ini.

After refreshing/updating the firmware, please link the devices again. If it's still the same, kindly use the label that will be sent to you by our Chat Support to send the devices for proper diagnosis.
2023-1-17
Use props
weapon90
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-17 07:26
Hi, weapon90. Thank you for the update. Upon checking, firmware versions are updated. Before you send it in, kindly try to pair the remote controller and aircraft using the physical buttons. Here's a video tutorial for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_EC61fzeUc (The drone in the video is Mavic Mini but this also applies with Mini SE. Please start at 1:23). If the issue persists, kindly download/refresh the firmware again using the DJI Assistant 2. At present, the DJI Assistant 2 software downloaded from the official website cannot upgrade the DJI Mini SE directly, but the DJI Assistant 2 can be modified to achieve the upgrade. Please check the below steps:
a. Please download the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) from the DJI Website.(https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mini-se)
b. Open the folder where the assistant software is located, and find the ""DJI Engine"" folder, find ""defaultsettings.ini"", then open it and change the ""0"" to ""1"". Please refer to the below path for Windows and Mac:

Thank you, I’ve already tried the advice in the video but doesn’t work.  I’ll try the DJI Assist now and see what happens, thanks for getting in touch.
2023-1-17
Use props
weapon90
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-17 07:26
Hi, weapon90. Thank you for the update. Upon checking, firmware versions are updated. Before you send it in, kindly try to pair the remote controller and aircraft using the physical buttons. Here's a video tutorial for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_EC61fzeUc (The drone in the video is Mavic Mini but this also applies with Mini SE. Please start at 1:23). If the issue persists, kindly download/refresh the firmware again using the DJI Assistant 2. At present, the DJI Assistant 2 software downloaded from the official website cannot upgrade the DJI Mini SE directly, but the DJI Assistant 2 can be modified to achieve the upgrade. Please check the below steps:

The aircraft updates fine but the controller gets stuck on this like forever?
0E6ADDE5-4AB6-4EFA-89DF-DF2179A24A90.jpeg
2023-1-17
Use props
weapon90
lvl.2
United Kingdom

weapon90 Posted at 1-17 14:22
The aircraft updates fine but the controller gets stuck on this like forever?[Image]

Oh and I take it that’s what the changes from 0 to 1 look like?
B787B42F-36EB-40AB-BDA0-9FED4FF42F6D.jpeg
2023-1-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

weapon90 Posted at 1-17 14:22
The aircraft updates fine but the controller gets stuck on this like forever?

Hi, weapon90. Thank you for the update. What is the current firmware of the RC? Are the devices still not pairing after you update the drone? Are you using the cable that came with it? Please try to reconnect and try to update again. Make sure that the controller has 50% battery or more. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-1-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

weapon90 Posted at 1-17 14:24
Oh and I take it that’s what the changes from 0 to 1 look like?

Hi, weapon90. Yes, this is the correct file and you were able to change them properly. Good job on this!
2023-1-21
Use props
weapon90
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-21 03:37
Hi, weapon90. Thank you for the update. What is the current firmware of the RC? Are the devices still not pairing after you update the drone? Are you using the cable that came with it? Please try to reconnect and try to update again. Make sure that the controller has 50% battery or more. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

It’s either V01.02.0000 or V01.00.0600 and yes was using the supplied cable, I’m not sure what the battery power was on controller at the time but think was okay.  The drone has been sent back to DJI in Holland on Friday for analysis.  The tech guys online chat said that it will not be the fact that I use manual transmission that has caused this issue, in fact they recommend use of manual transmission selection in congested areas in order to achieve best signal, do you concur?
2023-1-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

weapon90 Posted at 1-21 14:04
It’s either V01.02.0000 or V01.00.0600 and yes was using the supplied cable, I’m not sure what the battery power was on controller at the time but think was okay.  The drone has been sent back to DJI in Holland on Friday for analysis.  The tech guys online chat said that it will not be the fact that I use manual transmission that has caused this issue, in fact they recommend use of manual transmission selection in congested areas in order to achieve best signal, do you concur?

Hi, there.
Sorry for the belated reply. We have double-confirmed your problem with the relevant team, it is not recommended to use manual transmission selection in congested areas, however, you can select auto transmission selection. Besides, we will also ask the relevant team to check this reply on Chat and see how we can do better.
Thank you in advance.

2023-1-21
Use props
weapon90
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-21 16:42
Hi, there.
Sorry for the belated reply. We have double-confirmed your problem with the relevant team, it is not recommended to use manual transmission selection in congested areas, however, you can select auto
transmission selection. Besides, we will also ask the relevant team to check this reply on Chat and see how we can do better.
Thank you in advance.

Hi sorry I missed your reply.  I’m a little confused though, why would I not use manual transmission in congested areas? Surely in a heavily congested area it would be better to select a channel with little interference? Or are you saying don’t use manual transmission at all? Sorry but finally are you talking about achieving best performance (keeping channel selection Auto) or in order to make sure the problem I encountered doesn’t happen again?
2023-1-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

weapon90 Posted at 1-31 04:34
Hi sorry I missed your reply.  I’m a little confused though, why would I not use manual transmission in congested areas? Surely in a heavily congested area it would be better to select a channel with little interference? Or are you saying don’t use manual transmission at all? Sorry but finally are you talking about achieving best performance (keeping channel selection Auto) or in order to make sure the problem I encountered doesn’t happen again?

Hi, there.
Thanks for your inquiry.
The auto transmission selection will automatically select a frequency band with minimum and optimal interference according to the actual situation, so the user does not need to manually operate it, which will be more convenient. If the user sets the manual transmission selection, they need to select the frequency band and channel with less interference, however, the environment is changing all the time, if the user manually selects the frequency band and channel, the signal may be unstable.
And Auto transmission selection can eliminate problems with operational settings, to achieve best performance, it is recommended to choose auto transmission selection.
2023-2-2
Use props
weapon90
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-2 00:28
Hi, there.
Thanks for your inquiry.
The auto transmission selection will automatically select a frequency band with minimum and optimal interference according to the actual situation, so the user does not need to manually operate it, which will be more convenient. If the user sets the manual transmission selection, they need to select the frequency band and channel with less interference, however, the environment is changing all the time, if the user manually selects the frequency band and channel, the signal may be unstable.

Thank you, I will leave on auto now.  Could I just ask though why is the manual transmission option available then and can it cause the pairing issue like I encountered?
2023-2-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

weapon90 Posted at 2-2 05:10
Thank you, I will leave on auto now.  Could I just ask though why is the manual transmission option available then and can it cause the pairing issue like I encountered?

Hi, there. Thanks for your reply.
Some customers prefer to do this manually when they know how to select frequency bands and channels with less interference on the APP.
And if you manually select the current channel interference degree is large, it will be disconnected.
Thank you.
2023-2-3
Use props
weapon90
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-3 00:22
Hi, there. Thanks for your reply.
Some customers prefer to do this manually when they know how to select frequency bands and channels with less interference on the APP.
And if you manually select the current channel interference degree is large, it will be disconnected.

Aircraft disconnected from the controller? Sorry, what I’m trying to establish I suppose is that should I decide to manually select transmission again could this stop the aircraft and controller linking resulting in a repair again?
2023-2-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

weapon90 Posted at 2-3 00:59
Aircraft disconnected from the controller? Sorry, what I’m trying to establish I suppose is that should I decide to manually select transmission again could this stop the aircraft and controller linking resulting in a repair again?

Hi, there.
Sorry for the belated reply.
If you use manual transmission selection and if the current channel interference degree is large, the drone and the controller will be disconnected. So it is recommended to choose auto transmission selection.
Thank you.
2023-2-5
Use props
skunkworks
lvl.2
Flight distance : 379875 ft
United States

weapon90 Posted at 2-3 00:59

Logic is not going to work with anyone at DJI Support. They operate on a whole other level of twisted reality! There are tons of us that have been stuck with this serious bug in their software and they want everyone to simply pay them $109 to fix the damage that they actually caused to our property.

IT'S ALMOST LIKE DJI DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS AFTER THEY HAVE SUCKED THE CASH OUT OF YOUR WALLET ONE TIME..   ALMOST A YEAR HAS PASSED AND STILL A NO HELP FROM DJI?? SURE WOULD BE NICE IF DJI WOULD TAKE CARE OF THEIR MINI 2 SE CUSTOMERS     THEY HAVE A SERIOUS BUG IN THEIR APP THAT HAS BRICKED TONS OF CUSTOMERS DRONES AND DJI SUPPORT REFUSES TO BE HONORABLE AND FIX OUR DRONES FOR NO CHARGE. THEIR SOFTWARE DAMAGED OUR PROPRTY AND THEY WANT US TO PAY TO FIX THE DAMAGE THEY CAUSED!  WILL SOMEONE AT DJI PLEASE WAKE UP AND OFFER A SOLUTION TODAY?? https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 479&pid=3088501
2023-7-18
Use props
Lilliann
lvl.1

United States

I’m having this issue , the fourth light won’t blink and the bottom led is going crazy yellow.

I can connect controller no issue but not drone to controller
2023-9-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Lilliann Posted at 9-10 22:43
I’m having this issue , the fourth light won’t blink and the bottom led is going crazy yellow.

I can connect controller no issue but not drone to controller

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. May we please know what error message are you getting?
2023-9-11
Use props
Lilliann
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 9-11 00:21
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. May we please know what error message are you getting?

it doest really say an error message. it just blinks extremely fast yellow and out of the 4th Des at the top only 3 will be on while its rapidly blinking yellow. As if its trying to bind to the controller but the 4 lights at the top do to blink accordnly
2023-9-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Lilliann Posted at 9-11 16:46
it doest really say an error message. it just blinks extremely fast yellow and out of the 4th Des at the top only 3 will be on while its rapidly blinking yellow. As if its trying to bind to the controller but the 4 lights at the top do to blink accordnly

Hi there. Just to confirm, you were able to connect the remote to the phone but not the drone to the controller, right? If so, can you please try these steps:
1. Please check whether the aircraft and remote controller both are powered on. Press the power button once, press it again, and hold to power on the device. The device will beep when it is powered on successfully.
2. Please check whether the aircraft has a microSD card. If yes, remove the microSD card and try linking again.
3. Please switch the linking method between linking with the app and linking with combination buttons. If this is for Mini SE;
Remote controller: Press and hold the Power button on the remote controller for four seconds to prepare to link.
Aircraft: Press and hold the Power button on the aircraft for four seconds to prepare to link.
4. If it is invalid, check whether the remote controller has been updated to the latest version. Connect the remote controller to the app. After the connection is successful, check whether there is a prompt to update the firmware. If yes, update the firmware to the latest version and try linking again.
5. Please connect the aircraft to the computer, check the aircraft firmware version in the DJI Assistant 2, and try linking after updating and refreshing the aircraft’s firmware to the latest version.
6. If the issue persists, please record a video showing the linking process and firmware version screenshot and we will check it for you. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules