Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tablet Holder For Tx
2235 12 2014-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
umpa
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Hi,

I would like your honest opinion on this tablet holder I have designed and printed out.  I designed it to fit the Hudl 1 & Hudl 2 Android tablets.  These tablets are from Tesco a well known supermarket chain here in the UK.  They are quite good at running the DJI Vision software but being on the big side make for a terible user experiance you cant hold it and the controller as well.

Comments please..

Mount

Mount

Fitted

Fitted

Back

Back

Front

Front
2014-12-5
Use props
mark_turner6920
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1129 ft
United Kingdom

Very impressed!! A little sideline for you.
2014-12-5
Use props
umpa
Second Officer

United Kingdom

No -  I don't think I am going to sell it because it takes 6 hours to print and probably not get my money back on plastic and power.  It was just a solution to a problem I had.  It makes the remote top heavy too, so I am going to have to make a better strap to offset the weight.

It works well for me when I am flying via the camera (thats when I'm not flying in to trees), and having the bigger screen makes ground station easier to work with.

2014-12-5
Use props
talk2t_c
Second Officer

France

Nice job, but I'll stick with my cheapy for now.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2205
2014-12-5
Use props
mark_turner6920
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1129 ft
United Kingdom

Still it looks very professional and smart. That's why i tried my Samsung galaxy note 10.1 tablet last weekend to see if made it easier for ground station but was very awkward trying to hold tablet as well as remote.
2014-12-5
Use props
kamikaze
lvl.3

Germany

Very nice sketch.

Happy Landings
2014-12-5
Use props
umpa
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Thanks.  I apretiate the feed back.
2014-12-5
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.4

United States

Looks good man.  I just bought the iPad mount from Amazon that includes the sun shield, 35 USD, Sunvision I believe it was.  Have not received it yet.  
Edit:  Summitlink, not sunvision.
2014-12-5
Use props
insitb
lvl.4

Singapore

Umpa, just FYI, have a look at my comment on this thread: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en

It works very well.

Cheers.
2014-12-5
Use props
georgeboydratcl
New

United Kingdom

Umpa, this is great! I like the way it allows the existing clip to work without making changes to the original!

If you're not interested in making them (I understand the time / cost to print etc) would you be prepared to share the print file so we can print our own?
2015-5-3
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Umpa,

I love it. Good, simple design. No extraneous or movable parts. Utilizes existing stock equipment. I think it's an excellent idea!

Jerry
2015-5-3
Use props
umpa
Second Officer

United Kingdom

It was a failure, the clamp was not strong enough to hold the tablet, it was very top heavy and if the balance was not maintained then the entire thing would drop off.  I am now testing one from a guy I know who does this sort of thing, he uses my Phantoms to design and test his products (that way I get them first and free).  If your interested i will post a link to his eBay page.
2015-5-6
Use props
HermosaDrones
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

My b;lack pearl monitor and rc fell to the ground, breaking the small hole in the bottom that held it to the rc unit.  i didn't want to spend $250 on a new black pearl so went in search of a holder.  I found this one on Amazon and so far it works well.  I had to do some work so it would hold firmly to the rc unit but so far it is good:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2015-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules