Using 3rd party apps on RC Pro enterprise
6078 28 2023-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PaulKofi
lvl.4
Mexico

Hello all,

will the RC Pro Enterprise be able to use Android 3rd party apps such as Litchi (when developped using SDK)?
2023-1-14
Use props
Jiggyb21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 157133 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes I’ve been using DroneLink and it works great.
2023-1-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI RC PRO supports personalized functions such as the installation of third-party apps. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-1-14
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-14 19:24
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI RC PRO supports personalized functions such as the installation of third-party apps. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.

So installation of third party apps are supported, but the installation of your own DJI Fly app is blocked. If you could explain why DJI has decided to ban their own app from the RC Pro Enterprise, there's a lot of us here that would be all ears.
2023-1-14
Use props
Jiggyb21
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 1-14 21:30
So installation of third party apps are supported, but the installation of your own DJI Fly app is blocked. If you could explain why DJI has decided to ban their own app from the RC Pro Enterprise, there's a lot of us here that would be all ears.

When you say it like that it sounds pretty silly.

The reality of it is that 3rd party apps can only use the features already available in the SDK. So a third party app can’t use other frame rates or a histogram, for example, that aren’t already there. So while allowing 3rd party apps seems like a major benefit, they can only act as a skin. Giving us the fly app would require actually giving us features we don’t have yet. You know the ones my Mavic Mini has, or my Phantom 3.
2023-1-15
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Jiggyb21 Posted at 1-15 05:10
When you say it like that it sounds pretty silly.

The reality of it is that 3rd party apps can only use the features already available in the SDK. So a third party app can’t use other frame rates or a histogram, for example, that aren’t already there. So while allowing 3rd party apps seems like a major benefit, they can only act as a skin. Giving us the fly app would require actually giving us features we don’t have yet. You know the ones my Mavic Mini has, or my Phantom 3.

Even if we couldn't use DJI Fly with the M3E it'd still be nice to be able to install it and use our controller with the consumer Mavic 3's that DJI forced us to buy.
2023-1-15
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

For those who come across the conversation, an answer has already been provided by the moderators:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 418&pid=2931991

We clearly have to deal with people who persist in not wanting to understand.
2023-1-15
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-15 08:11
For those who come across the conversation, an answer has already been provided by the moderators:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=281418&pid=2931991
Long time no see, last time I heard from you was when you said you'd quit replying to my posts. Guess that didn't last. Since I assume you've missed out on recent findings I'll just have to bring you up to speed.

Jiggby21 and I have successfully flashed our controllers to that of the regular RC Pro. Jiggby21 went a step further and actually paired it to a consumer drone and flew it just fine. So the link you posted has been confirmed as misinformation and a total fabrication on DJIs part. You are obviously clueless on the subject being discussed here so please stay in the section of these forums where you might have some experience.
2023-1-15
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Let's be clear,
With the same firmware it is currently not possible to make all the DJI drones compatible. The reason given by the DJI staff is entirely acceptable, they do not use the same protocol.

While waiting for a firmware that manages all protocols, you can certainly have fun switching the firmware of your radios. If you get paid by the hour, and don't mind bricking your RC, why not!

I did not know that some users could have the right to recommend a section more than another to other users.
We would be curious to know why some talented operator of this forum recently used the DJI Care. They may not be as skilled as they claim.

No one was targeted in particular.
Who feels snotty, blows his nose...
2023-1-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Thank you for your response and we totally understand your request. We have not managed the compatibility for the DJI Fly app and the RC PRO enterprise controller therefore, we may not be able to assure the performance of installation and usage. Besides, the RC PRO enterprise controller is not compatible with consumer drones even though the DJI Fly app can be installed and used, the controller will not work with consumer drones. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-1-15
Use props
Jiggyb21
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Just to be clear on my part.  Contrary to what DJI is saying in this very thread I was able to install the DJI Go App on my Enterprise RC and fly my Mavic 3 Classic and my Mavic Air 2S no problem. It was extremely easy and it worked just fine.

Every time the RC was powered off the app disappeared so I also just want to make clear that it is ultimately a waste of time and nowhere near a solution. But for DJI to say it is not possible is just a flat out lie.
2023-1-16
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Jiggyb21 Posted at 1-16 06:53
Just to be clear on my part.  Contrary to what DJI is saying in this very thread I was able to install the DJI Go App on my Enterprise RC and fly my Mavic 3 Classic and my Mavic Air 2S no problem. It was extremely easy and it worked just fine.

Every time the RC was powered off the app disappeared so I also just want to make clear that it is ultimately a waste of time and nowhere near a solution. But for DJI to say it is not possible is just a flat out lie.

"it is ultimately a waste of time and nowhere near a solution"
Thank you, that's exactly the comment that was missing.
I put myself in the shoes of those who are asking the same question and come across the thread. They could easily be tricked into thinking that yes it is doable without side effects. Now the problem is solved.

It is only a protocol issue, the problem is not new I have already encountered it with Spektrum when they moved from DSM to DSM2 and now DSMx, and Futaba from FHSS to S-FHSS and now T-FHSS, not to mention the FASST. It took some time to have RC compatible with both.

DJI owes us nothing, we agree to buy their product with their characteristics. I find it rather honest of DJI to say directly that no it will not work. Whatever the reason.
2023-1-16
Use props
djiuser_jcNmuXuFhgEX
New

United States

HERE HERE!!!! i SECOND THAT MOTION SIR.

I have been an Avata owner for a few days now. (I haven't flown it yet) because I do not own the right phone. I borrowed a phone to activate it (and seriously..this was the advice I got when I called DJI) go borrow a phone... or send the drone back.. literally what the man said. So.. I did.. I left my phone buddy's house and went home eager to get in the air. I have had several drones, and even had a little company years ago when it was all brand new tech. anyways...... I turn everything on, and there is a red box in my goggles .. informing me that we are going NOWHERE. I have to plug myself into that damn app EVERY SINGLE TIME I FLY NOW. So I'm sitting here. trying to decide what to do. send the thing back, or buy a cell phone I don't need. (A cell phone that is COMPATIBLE with the app that is COMPATIBLE with nothing).. Plus order a chest pack I guess to carry it all in with the battery. I don't even know at this point if there is an app that will satisfy RID on android, and is compatible with MY android, AND the AVATA. Lots of apps don't list AVATA ass one of the models they work with.

so at this point I'm wondering.....

Why doesn't DJI just start selling $1,300 cell phones with a bloat app on it? Then throw the drone in for free.
2023-1-21
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

djiuser_jcNmuXuFhgEX Posted at 1-21 19:55
HERE HERE!!!! i SECOND THAT MOTION SIR.

I have been an Avata owner for a few days now. (I haven't flown it yet) because I do not own the right phone. I borrowed a phone to activate it (and seriously..this was the advice I got when I called DJI) go borrow a phone... or send the drone back.. literally what the man said. So.. I did.. I left my phone buddy's house and went home eager to get in the air. I have had several drones, and even had a little company years ago when it was all brand new tech. anyways...... I turn everything on, and there is a red box in my goggles .. informing me that we are going NOWHERE. I have to plug myself into that damn app EVERY SINGLE TIME I FLY NOW. So I'm sitting here. trying to decide what to do. send the thing back, or buy a cell phone I don't need. (A cell phone that is COMPATIBLE with the app that is COMPATIBLE with nothing).. Plus order a chest pack I guess to carry it all in with the battery. I don't even know at this point if there is an app that will satisfy RID on android, and is compatible with MY android, AND the AVATA. Lots of apps don't list AVATA ass one of the models they work with.

The Avata and its compatibility issues are not the subject here.  You got the wrong thread comrade.

There is an Avata section, where many users have already reported this problem.

Good Luck
2023-1-22
Use props
djiuser_zyklide
lvl.4

Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-15 22:24
Thank you for your response and we totally understand your request. We have not managed the compatibility for the DJI Fly app and the RC PRO enterprise controller therefore, we may not be able to assure the performance of installation and usage. Besides, the RC PRO enterprise controller is not compatible with consumer drones even though the DJI Fly app can be installed and used, the controller will not work with consumer drones. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hi DJI Paladin,

is DJI planning to implement support for cross platform functionalyty?

So I can use one controller for several compatible devices.

2023-1-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_zyklide Posted at 1-22 10:48
Hi DJI Paladin,

is DJI planning to implement support for cross platform functionalyty?

Thank you for your response. We don't have any information about this but I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team. Please stay tuned to DJI's official website, as we will update the latest news on the official website as soon as we receive it. Thank you for your understanding and interest in DJI.
2023-1-23
Use props
TerrainDrop
lvl.2

United States

Map Pilot Pro has been working well on our RC Pro Enterprise remote and M3E. There is a separate "enterprise only" APK that has to be downloaded.  
2023-1-24
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

TerrainDrop Posted at 1-24 10:52
Map Pilot Pro has been working well on our RC Pro Enterprise remote and M3E. There is a separate "enterprise only" APK that has to be downloaded.

Do you know if this app manages the connection to the NTRIP server? I can't find the information on their website. It says "Advanced Hardware Support" maybe this is it?
2023-1-24
Use props
Arnor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

Jiggyb21 Posted at 1-16 06:53
Just to be clear on my part.  Contrary to what DJI is saying in this very thread I was able to install the DJI Go App on my Enterprise RC and fly my Mavic 3 Classic and my Mavic Air 2S no problem. It was extremely easy and it worked just fine.

As a professional user, I wouldn't recommend playing with RC-C2C/UAV link you could encounter issue and crash: this would greatly impact the drone community in a very bad manner.

In short : follow UAS specs as defined by UAS manufacturer ( even if they seems "weird" ).

My 2 cents :-p
2023-1-24
Use props
Axelz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3427999 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-24 12:18
Do you know if this app manages the connection to the NTRIP server? I can't find the information on their website. It says "Advanced Hardware Support" maybe this is it?

This is how it works with the M300 but with the DJI DRTK 2 base station - you setup/connect with DJI Pilot first on that then switch to the Map Pilot App, so may well be the same workflow with the Pilot 2 and the M3E, if you configure the 3rd party NTRIP server assuming it's also supported by map pilot. See https://support.dronesmadeeasy.c ... -Supported-Hardware will give it a go myself when I get a chance to and report back.
2023-3-29
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Axelz Posted at 3-29 12:16
This is how it works with the M300 but with the DJI DRTK 2 base station https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xxLs9DoTN4 - you setup/connect with DJI Pilot first on that then switch to the Map Pilot App, so may well be the same workflow with the Pilot 2 and the M3E, if you configure the 3rd party NTRIP server assuming it's also supported by map pilot. See https://support.dronesmadeeasy.com/hc/en-us/articles/205704366-Supported-Hardware  will give it a go myself when I get a chance to and report back.

Thank you for this info. I don't really like the idea of having to switch from one app to another. I will try on occasion.
2023-3-29
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Axelz Posted at 3-29 12:16
This is how it works with the M300 but with the DJI DRTK 2 base station - you setup/connect with DJI Pilot first on that then switch to the Map Pilot App, so may well be the same workflow with the Pilot 2 and the M3E, if you configure the 3rd party NTRIP server assuming it's also supported by map pilot. See https://support.dronesmadeeasy.com/hc/en-us/articles/205704366-Supported-Hardware  will give it a go myself when I get a chance to and report back.

Do I need to ‘kill’ the Pilot app before switching to Map Pilot Pro? Won’t the apps fight for connection to the drone?

I’d love to try MPP after checking out their website. Looks super promising & intuitive.

EDIT: nevermind, their website says to do this & force stop Pilot 2
2023-3-29
Use props
djiuser_5Kbx9IjFCE2P
New

United States

Is there away to use Company Cam on my dji mini 3 RC?

My company requires me to upload photos of my projects and if I can add it to my RC then it would streamline things for me.
2023-8-17
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_5Kbx9IjFCE2P Posted at 8-17 22:00
Is there away to use Company Cam on my dji mini 3 RC?

My company requires me to upload photos of my projects and if I can add it to my RC then it would streamline things for me.

My guy you are in the wrong section of these forums to be asking about a Mini 3. If it's a DJI RC you're talking about then no. You can't install any apps.
2023-8-18
Use props
scooter217
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49459 ft
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 1-15 09:12
Long time no see, last time I heard from you was when you said you'd quit replying to my posts. Guess that didn't last. Since I assume you've missed out on recent findings I'll just have to bring you up to speed.

Jiggby21 and I have successfully flashed our controllers to that of the regular RC Pro. Jiggby21 went a step further and actually paired it to a consumer drone and flew it just fine. So the link you posted has been confirmed as misinformation and a total fabrication on DJIs part. You are obviously clueless on the subject being discussed here so please stay in the section of these forums where you might have some experience.

How did you go about flashing your RC to the regular firmware? I've been searching for a way to do this however I can't find any info on it.
2023-8-30
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

scooter217 Posted at 8-30 04:33
How did you go about flashing your RC to the regular firmware? I've been searching for a way to do this however I can't find any info on it.

It's not worth the hassle to do it. DJI Fly app disappears everytime you reboot the RC, even if you're on consumer firmware. DJI went above and beyond to try and make our lives difficult. If you still feel like you need to try this, I used DroneHacks software for PC to flash the RC Pro Enterprise. You had to use a beta version of their software for it to recognize this RC Pro. I'm not sure if their newer versions support the Enterprise RC or not. I haven't tried in a while. Again, you're wasting your time if you do it. It'll work fine until you restart your RC. Then you're left with an RC that isn't compatible with a single drone until you reflash the firmware again.
2023-8-30
Use props
CuAnnan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69432 ft
Ireland

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-15 08:11

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=281418&pid=2931991

Yeah. That'd be great.
Except there are no hardware reasons not to make the Pro Enterprise compatible with the Mavic 3. Literally none.

There's a guy on the forums who's detailed how to flash the BIOS so that you can install the firmware for the Pro non enterprise and it works perfectly with a Mavic 3.

I've asked the Irish consumer affairs watchdog to determine if this is legal, they have taken the case.
2023-8-31
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

CuAnnan Posted at 8-31 11:58
Yeah. That'd be great.
Except there are no hardware reasons not to make the Pro Enterprise compatible with the Mavic 3. Literally none.

So you're saying someone has finally unlocked the bootloader of the RC Pro? That would open the door to so many possibilities that DJI has tried to keep us away from. Could you share a link to this guy's posts? PM it to me if need be. Thanks.
2023-8-31
Use props
OzoneTech
lvl.3
Flight distance : 751827 ft
Singapore

I am using a 3rd. party app for M3E mission planning. The map displayed on the RC screen when using the app is Map Box. The resolution of the map is very poor and unusable. Is there any way to improve the Map Box resolution.
3-15 20:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules