Out of Focus Fix, its not
2077 24 2023-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

This is  what I am going to do. and how  will go about before I attempt any   modifications, I will enjoy the $99.70 Osmo Action 3 I bought, yes what I paid. And I will  swap to a Osmo Action Lens if I had one to swap, then ruin two cameras. I rather let bigons be bigons, and Beggers can be choosy, it's too good to be true.

Please do not try this at home, , that can easily say, be responsible for your Actions,  and leave it as that, can you???

This is not a DSLR  mirrorless camera its an Action camera.  I grabbed some info again and  demonstrated.  this is my take on it and quite clear.

The trademark lens is way too wide  and offers too much distance for my taste, and causing warping don't he  edge, and stretches the hell out of the  shot,  if you have a few hours to go through each FOV,   and IS to gather the best adjustment, all the power to you. CUDDLES. I applauded you.

Otherwise I am  finished with trying to  persude, convince, talk myself and  do what I do best, help out.  any questions feel free to  post below, you get  two points for commenting, I see things in myeyes differently and that said PEACE

F I SH  not upset not annoyed, just done messing with the camera for now. I will take my Funds to a gopro as that is what I personally like and still continue to use my Action 3.

outta here  enjoy the video. I got an action camera  to make youtube vids and share, thank you

I answered my question about the OSmo Action lens,  ty FISH thanks
2023-1-15
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I came to the same conclusion Fish. Fov + focus made me return to GoPro.

Even if you twist the lens, the edges give ‘twisted string’!!!  I loved that string demo……..
2023-1-15
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Big-Thankyou. if the string is not convincing enough, then I do not know what is.  not shutting people down just telling it like it is. .   again Big thank you

F I S H  time to lock that lens protector down.
2023-1-15
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

You scared me so much with the earthworms that I immediately went to check it....I quickly made a short video on ultra wide that I don't have the earthworms. I used a baby broom instead of string. The whisk has an angle to the table of approx. 45°...Really in a hurry, low light blah blah...

DJI OA3

GP11

2023-1-15
Use props
Rocktheasphalt
Second Officer
Switzerland

If adjusted correctly, there are no worms. The dewarp setting is correcting, in cam via software, a fisheye-lens.
2023-1-15
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

StevoB Posted at 1-15 09:34
You scared me so much with the earthworms that I immediately went to check it....I quickly made a short video on ultra wide that I don't have the earthworms. I used a baby broom instead of string...Really in a hurry, low light blah blah...

Just wait for 4k...

WOW. That is Ultra wide? Terrific. I get curly worms.
The focus is grrreat!!!
2023-1-15
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

center of vid no curly worms but  the end I   showed what happens at  the widest points of Dewarp, wide and ultra do I need to demo a gopro on that
2023-1-15
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Iancraig10 Posted at 1-15 10:12
WOW. That is Ultra wide? Terrific. I get curly worms.
The focus is grrreat!!!

Yes, ultra wide. My adjustment was done in bad light, first I overshot (45° CCW) it and it was sharp at 15cm and the background was soft, so I turned it back a little at a time until it was sharp at 30cm, he made a control video from the window outside, he was satisfied and left it like that until now.. ..my unit is 2022/8....perhaps in fact, in addition to poorly calibrated, they also have poorly assembled lenses (speculation).
2023-1-15
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

I added GP11 for comparison....here I rather see a reptilian
2023-1-15
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

StevoB Posted at 1-15 11:03
I added GP11 for comparison....here I rather see a reptilian

I checked my Hero 11 just now and that shows bendies too ……

And it's only on 'wide'

2023-1-15
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

For some, the more you see  these topics the more ticked off they get.  It is what it is, that said  if the video was helpful I'll hear it if not we'll hear the comments in here.

Like I showed a solid straight line at the leading edge is all the trade mark of a Fisheye lens.

DJI please make a  non fisheye camera!!!!!!
2023-1-15
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I remember back in OA1 days, people always complained it was too narrow. And then I wrote that if they make a wider lens it will be sharper, need less stabilization for being good. So then they made A2 with really wide lens and now OA3

Should been possible to switch to a more narrow lens that it already have, but not as narrow as OA1 is.

2023-1-15
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 1-15 12:28
I remember back in OA1 days, people always complained it was too narrow. And then I wrote that if they make a wider lens it will be sharper, need less stabilization for being good. So then they made A2 with really wide lens and now OA3

Should been possible to switch to a more narrow lens that it already have, but not as narrow as OA1 is.

I’m guessing that 'Action' users want an ultra wide lens?

The more I think about this and after seeing your GoPro video, perhaps the Action is more a ‘true’ action cam and the GoPro more of a hybrid? It looked to me as though the stabilisation on the GoPro was playing up a bit, perhaps because of a slower shutter speed?

Different focus distances and fov’s make them really quite different. So perhaps on bikes/motorbikes etc, the A3 is fine, but for the old geezers like me who just walk around, the Hero is a better choice? Certainly , the weakest looking videos from the Action 3 that I've seen are more like vlog type things. The A3 just isn't right for that perhaps? Great pity because I really like the camera but I won't be jumping off cliffs any time soon!! Not at 69!!!

Probably why I like the Pocket 2 so much. A bargain camera for me.
2023-1-15
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Japan

I like anything wide angle. I wanted my (p)assport photo to be wide angle, where my nose takes up about 2/3 of the image but I was told I can't do that.

They should've named the camera GoOsmo (or Gosmo, for short).
2023-1-15
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 1-15 13:16
I’m guessing that 'Action' users want an ultra wide lens?

The more I think about this and after seeing your GoPro video, perhaps the Action is more a ‘true’ action cam and the GoPro more of a hybrid?

Too wide is not good again, but I think OA3 would be perfect for winter sports like snowboarding since it can capture so much + handle the cold winter. And it's also perfect for us living in the cold arctic.

I used my GoPro 10 for making a documentary/walking last summer and it failed on me there also so I had stand out in rain to first take off media mod and then the battery so it is sometimes a pain to use.

P2 is really great, but it can't handle rain and in UK where it rains a lot.. well not sure about that.

Insta360 ONE RS is perfect!
2023-1-15
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

osmonauta Posted at 1-15 13:24
I like anything wide angle. I wanted my (p)assport photo to be wide angle, where my nose takes up about 2/3 of the image but I was told I can't do that.

They should've named the camera GoOsmo (or Gosmo, for short).

Haha.. well
2023-1-15
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 1-15 13:30
Too wide is not good again, but I think OA3 would be perfect for winter sports like snowboarding since it can capture so much + handle the cold winter. And it's also perfect for us living in the cold arctic.

I used my GoPro 10 for making a documentary/walking last summer and it failed on me there also so I had stand out in rain to first take off media mod and then the battery so it is sometimes a pain to use.
On that GoPro video you shot yesterday, was it a dull day? The stabilisation looked like it was adding 'twitches' due to shutter speed.

The one inch edition or standard edition Insta?  I saw the 1 inch version with a Leica lens on the front. Looks very nice.
2023-1-16
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 1-16 01:22
On that GoPro video you shot yesterday, was it a dull day? The stabilisation looked like it was adding 'twitches' due to shutter speed.

Sunny day but down in that valley a bit more dark I will say.
And yeah I wanted to show how the stuttering is also there and was shot at 60 fps with 120 fps shutter.

Cheapest is to get without 1 inch, and 1 inch have 90 cm close focus so not ment for vlog.

BUT, if you consider Insta360 ONE RS, do look at youtube for bad reviews, because there are some. And it is a really slow camera to work with. Takes ages to start recording (3-5 sec or so) and same while stop recording (depend of recording time, bigger file=longer saving time).

I loved and hated the first ONE R I bought last year, and sold it right before RS came. Where RS have fixed a lot compared to the first ONE R.
2023-1-16
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
United Kingdom

In the OPs video unless I'm missing something, it just looks like the camera needs a better lens profile correction.
2023-1-16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Mikedefieslife Posted at 1-16 03:00
In the OPs video unless I'm missing something, it just looks like the camera needs a better lens profile correction.

meaning camera  settings?  or seeing that people are being overly picky on a trademark lens that causes warping. and they want better focus on a curved lens
edited curved

added note

in my test this was based on a 30 CM people  are  saying is an issue in ways. I need to do this where say 30 feet, because anything outside of 30 feet is ~ and that is where the test will count.
2023-1-16
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 1-16 03:51
meaning camera  settings?  or seeing that people are being overly picky on a trademark lens that causes warping. and they want better focus on a carved lens

Fish, what do you mean by ‘carved’ lens?
2023-1-16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Iancraig10 Posted at 1-16 03:54
Fish, what do you mean by ‘carved’ lens?

sorry curved, dam  computer correction sorry I type curved, need to go correct
2023-1-16
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

FISH, don't worry about it, I still understand you max. 30% of what you write. I mean translation ;)
2023-1-16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Yep I made a Boo boo,   Time for caw fee (coffee)
2023-1-16
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hahaha ….. I do that all the time. End up having Edit everything because the spellchecker can get right in the way!
2023-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules