Hydroplane boat race shot with P3p
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
al.zamorski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256362 ft
United States

tried shooting the boat races over the weekend. I tried adding sound to the video from my Phantom. I pulled the audio from footage I recorded with a video camera. I originally shot the footage 4K @ 24 fps, sampled down to 1080 to upload to YouTube. Here is a short clip. What do you think?

2015-8-17
Use props
Fred1969
lvl.2

United States

I think it's pretty irresponsible flying directly over the racers endangering them unnecessarily.  Just my opinion.
2015-8-17
Use props
al.zamorski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256362 ft
United States

Actually Fred, it looks like I was over the racers but I wasn't. I don't know the lens on the Phantom makes it appear you are closer to the objects you are filming. The Phantom was actually hovering  inside the pylons and not over the course. I made sure that I didn't fly over the course. But thanks for you option.
2015-8-17
Use props
Shutter
lvl.2

Sweden

Fred1969 Posted at 2015-8-18 09:37
I think it's pretty irresponsible flying directly over the racers endangering them unnecessarily.  J ...

Dude, I think it's pretty irresponsible flying with your dog attatched to the drone...

Seriously though, there is always someone complaining, it doesn't seem to matter what you are filming. If you are flying close to the water surface, someone will say that you are scaring the fish and so on.

I think the MOST of us, don't go around and do stupid stuff.
I did not see anything dangerous with this.
2015-8-18
Use props
adrianshawuk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The video link seems to be broken

2015-8-18
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.3
United States

Fred1969 Posted at 2015-8-18 09:37
I think it's pretty irresponsible flying directly over the racers endangering them unnecessarily.  J ...

Nothing irresponsible about it at all. These Types of posts seem to be part of the problem.
2015-8-19
Use props
Fred1969
lvl.2

United States

We would probably be able to still fly in our National Parks today if people flew responsibly and stayed a reasonable distance away from the attractions instead of having to be right over the top of them.  I'm sure all the pilots that crashed into our national monuments and attraction didn't think they were going to crash.  No one thinks or expects to crash but you have to consider the possibility of that happening and plan your flights accordingly.  Flying over a high speed race is not responsible flying.  Yes nothing happened, as expected by the pilot, but it only takes that one glitch and down comes the drone, best scenario landing in the middle of the track stopping the race or worst case hitting one of the boats.  After that here comes more bad press.
2015-8-19
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Shit does happen ya know  
2015-8-20
Use props
Fred1969
lvl.2

United States

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-8-20 16:37
Shit does happen ya know

Yes it does, but you can minimize the chances.
2015-8-20
Use props
bradneal24
lvl.3
United States

Well, the link is broken, so I can't see the video, but what is really gangrenous, is piloting a boat at speeds up to 100 mph. Now that's danger!
2015-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules