Tilting issue with Osmo 6
4155 9 2023-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tokyo Nick
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have an Osmo mobile 6, and I've found that, when opening the Mimo app and choosing, for example, Pano, the phone tilts toward me. It then stays tilted even when I change modes. Calibrating again doesn't resolve the issue. I'm using an iPhone 13 pro. If I just use the native camera of the iPhone, it doesn't happen, only when I open Mimo. Any ideas?
2023-1-18
Use props
kwpapke
lvl.4

United States

In the Memo app Pano sets the mode to FPV, so it's easy to tilt the phone accidentally.  Double click the trigger and it realigned for me.
2023-1-18
Use props
Tokyo Nick
lvl.1

United Kingdom

kwpapke Posted at 1-18 13:26
In the Memo app Pano sets the mode to FPV, so it's easy to tilt the phone accidentally.  Double click the trigger and it realigned for me.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately double clicking the trigger doesn’t change anything in this. I’ve read on a couple of DJI Facebook pages of other people experiencing the same issue, but so far no one from DJI has commented on this.
2023-1-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please send us a video showing the issue when you select the Pano mode? In addition, does the issue only happens in pano mode or also in different gimbal modes? Please keep us posted for us to help you further. Thank you.
2023-1-18
Use props
Tokyo Nick
lvl.1

United Kingdom

https://youtu.be/E_XEKkBOy0E

Hi, thanks for your help. Here is a link to a video to show how the gimbal behaves in pano mode.
2023-1-19
Use props
Tokyo Nick
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-18 19:42
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please send us a video showing the issue when you select the Pano mode? In addition, does the issue only happens in pano mode or also in different gimbal modes? Please keep us posted for us to help you further. Thank you.

Hi thanks for your help. Here is a link to a video show how my Osmo mobile 6 behaves in pano mode.
2023-1-19
Use props
Southsaturn
lvl.1

United States

I had the same issue. What fixed it for me was I turned on the gimbal and attached the phone. The phone was tilting forward. I extended the selfie arm fully and then double press trigger. that fixed it and i rectracted the arm and it was fine.
2023-1-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Tokyo Nick Posted at 1-19 15:17

Hi thanks for your help. Here is a link to a video show how my Osmo mobile 6 behaves in pano mode.

Thank you for your response. Based on the video that you sent, this “tilting” process is normal due to the following reasons:

1. The “Pano” mode functions by stitching several photos shot at different angles.
2. Based on the above principle, the gimbal must obtain a maximum rotational range to meet its multi-angle rotation requirements.
3. The center point of the gimbal maximum rotational scope is the gimbal angle when the phone clamp is vertical to the pan axis base.
4. When the Osmo Mobile 6 built-in extension rod is completely retracted, the pan axis is tilted relative to the plane. As such, the gimbal will become tilted after entering Pano mode based on the above logic.

If you want to capture a Pano photo in the forward direction, please extract the DJI Osmo Mobile 6 built-in extension rod. Adjust the pan axis to the horizontal angle before capturing. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-1-21
Use props
pukoboss
New
Flight distance : 22864 ft
United Kingdom

Hello! I have exactly the same issue, but with the last two modes (FPV and I forgot what the last one is called). The phone in the stabilizer immediately starts looking at the ceiling, and double pressing the button on the back doesn't change anything.

The behavior is exactly the same as in the video of the person above (but when turning on FPV mode). How can this be fixed?
3-2 05:19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

pukoboss Posted at 3-2 05:19
Hello! I have exactly the same issue, but with the last two modes (FPV and I forgot what the last one is called). The phone in the stabilizer immediately starts looking at the ceiling, and double pressing the button on the back doesn't change anything.

The behavior is exactly the same as in the video of the person above (but when turning on FPV mode). How can this be fixed?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Are you referring to the DJI Osmo Mobile 6? If yes, please confirm what mobile device are you using. Also, please upload a short video showing the issue so we can check it further. Please keep us posted.
3-3 01:28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules