Using multiple Remotes with a Mavic 3 Classic
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1059072 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've seen a lot of confusing stuff on the web and YouTube. I have a M3 Classic that I use with an RC Pro. That works fine. I also recently acquired a Mavic RC with built in screen. I'd like to use that every so often as well. (It's lighter for quick outings.)

Could someone provide a  simple step by step on how to change to the RC for use with the M3 Classic, and change back. I saw messages about being able to use it only 5 times before unbinding the other remote, and some warnings about DJI Refresh not working.

Any clear help appreciated. Seems like an owner should be able to easily use whichever remote he or she wants.

Many thanks.
2023-1-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What is a "mavic RC"? Quoting the correct model 'names' is better, every "mavic" has an RC of some sort. The model name is-probably/should-be on back of the controller.
What is involved in changing controllers depends on whether or not you bought fly away insurance.
If you did not buy flyaway insurance then have a read of the drone's manual, the instruction concerning linking the controller are given in there. Also google youtube concerning linking the two controller types, there is a button sequence that switches the RC-N1/ RC231 into linking mode without a screen device attached, I suspect there will be a sequence to switch the DJI RC into linking mode.
If you bought the flyaway insurance then, if you fly the drone with a controller that IS NOT BOUND to the drone, your insurance is invalid for that flight. I do not remember the constraints, if any, if you bought Care refresh BUT NOT flyaway insurance.

For flyaway insurance to be valid I believe you will have to unbind the 'old' controller and bind the 'new' controller EACH time you swap controllers. Plus you will need an internet connection for the change of binding to work and register on the system.
For unbinding instruction have a read of https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=278826
2023-1-20
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-20 06:01
What is a "mavic RC"? Quoting the correct model 'names' is better, every "mavic" has an RC of some sort. The model name is-probably/should-be on back of the controller.
What is involved in changing controllers depends on whether or not you bought fly away insurance.
If you did not buy flyaway insurance then have a read of the drone's manual, the instruction concerning linking the controller are given in there. Also google youtube concerning linking the two controller types, there is a button sequence that switches the RC-N1/ RC231 into linking mode without a screen device attached, I suspect there will be a sequence to switch the DJI RC into linking mode.

Sorry, RC Remote.... the new one with the screen. I do have Care Refresh. I read the manual, looked at some videos, and saw a lot of contradictory information. There's quite a it about using one controller for multiple drones. I'm interested in using 2 controllers on one drone.
2023-1-20
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

This feature is not possible up to now. Only one remote. Maybe in a future update.
2023-1-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for bringing this query to us. The DJI Mavic 3 Classic can be linked to your DJI RC PRO and DJI RC. If you wish to switch controllers, you need to unbind/bind the old/new controller, if you have the DJI Care Refresh to enable the warranty during the flight. Please note that the flight will be restricted if you use a remote controller that is not bounded to the aircraft via Device Manager on the DJI Fly app. Also, we cannot link multiple remote controllers on one drone at the same time, we can only use one remote controller with one aircraft and vice versa. Hope this helps. Thank you.
2023-1-20
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-20 20:18
Hi there. Thank you for bringing this query to us. The DJI Mavic 3 Classic can be linked to your DJI RC PRO and DJI RC. If you wish to switch controllers, you need to unbind/bind the old/new controller, if you have the DJI Care Refresh to enable the warranty during the flight. Please note that the flight will be restricted if you use a remote controller that is not bounded to the aircraft via Device Manager on the DJI Fly app. Also, we cannot link multiple remote controllers on one drone at the same time, we can only use one remote controller with one aircraft and vice versa. Hope this helps. Thank you.

Thanks... I was hoping there was a positive answer. Now I need  step by step instruction  to unbind the RC Pro, then bind the DJI RC. Then another step by step of getting the RC Pro back again as the controller. Thank you.

Mel
2023-1-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

arizona mavic flyer Posted at 1-20 20:21
Thanks... I was hoping there was a positive answer. Now I need  step by step instruction  to unbind the RC Pro, then bind the DJI RC. Then another step by step of getting the RC Pro back again as the controller. Thank you.

Mel

You're welcome and we totally understand you. I will take this as a suggestion and forward it to our designated team for attention. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-1-22
Use props
mlathem1998yahoo.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27224 ft
United States

Well, this is a bummer. I got my new Mavic 3 Pro and hand an RC Pro controller already. I wanted to be able to grab the RC Pro and make quick flights or use the special flight features, follow me or tracking. However, on the flip side I wanted to fly using the Motion Controller 2 and Goggles Integra. I originally setup and bound the RC PRo, then moved to setup the Motion Controller and Integra. What a pain in the butt. DJI needs to figure out how to have the Mavic support both a standard controller and a motion controller and goggles. I will probably fly more with the Motion Controller and Integra, but dang it all, I wouldn't to want ditch my RC Pro only because DJI didn't add this functionality. Also it is no find binding the motion controller and integra each time since you have to connect it to the phone.
2023-6-3
Use props
fans932238ed
New

France

Yes, the MAVIC 3 drone should be able to pair with the googles AND the RC PRO. They do not have the same functionnalities... Too bad it seems to be impossible.
2023-6-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans932238ed Posted at 6-30 01:56
Yes, the MAVIC 3 drone should be able to pair with the googles AND the RC PRO. They do not have the same functionnalities... Too bad it seems to be impossible.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, this function is unavailable but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules