Avata 01.02.00.00
RC 02.00.05.00
Goggles 2 01.04.00.00
iPhone 14 Pro Max running iOS 16.2
DJI Fly app 1.9.1
Cables
A:  USB-C to lightning
B:  DJI OTG cable / USB-A to lightning

If I hook up the goggles to an iPad running the DJI Fly app with either of the above cables while the iPad is connected to a hotspot then everything works fine. No errors - I can take off and everything works.

If I hook up my phone with either cable, either connected to the internet via the same WIFi hotspot or my cellular connection I get the Remote ID error in the goggles and cannot take off. I've tried re-starting everything as well as varying the order that things are turned on.

On my phone I have location permissions set to “on” for the DJI app. There are two places to check this Settings > Privacy > Location > DJI Fly as well as Settings > DJI Fly > Location. Both are set to "While using", but I've tried "Always" as well and that doesn't work.

The GPS location works fine on my phone in other Apps.

The app on the phone feels “funny” as it always shows me the intro video and makes me do the default questions, even though I might have just tried it a few minutes ago. It doesn't do this on the iPad.

In the App I’m signed in. When I eventually get to the page that says “Go Fly” and click that the image from the drone does not appear on the phone screen.
In the goggles in the lower right hand corner it says “Remote ID Error”. There is image transmission from the drone in the goggles.

Of course when I do the same with the iPad there is image transmission from the drone to the iPad screen as there should be.

I’ve tried deleting and re-loading the app. I’ve tried resetting and refreshing the firmware on all the components.

Any other suggestions for something I could try? I’d rather not have to bring an iPad and hotspot out with me every flight.

As the only part of this system not working is the DJI Fly app on the iPhone I'm pretty sure that's where the bug is, but if I've missed something I'm all ears.

2023-1-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Fines Aerial. Thank you for reaching out and for providing detailed information. We're sorry to read that you're getting a RID using your iPhone. To further assist you, kindly provide a video of the operation showing the screen of the iPhone and app logs for further checking.

App Log Export: Please reboot the mobile device before exporting the app log.
iOS device:
Connect the mobile device that has been connected to the aircraft to the PC, open iTunes > File Sharing > DJI Fly, and then export all data under the "Logs" folder.

Once completed, please upload the file/s to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link via PM. Thank you for your time and cooperation.
2023-1-22
Use props
Fines Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17269813 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-22 21:09
Hi, Fines Aerial. Thank you for reaching out and for providing detailed information. We're sorry to read that you're getting a RID using your iPhone. To further assist you, kindly provide a video of the operation showing the screen of the iPhone and app logs for further checking.

App Log Export: Please reboot the mobile device before exporting the app log.

Thanks. Sent you a pm with the logs and a video.
2023-1-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Fines Aerial Posted at 1-23 08:04
Thanks. Sent you a pm with the logs and a video.

Hi, Fines Aerial. Thank you for providing the needed information. We have forwarded it to our relevant team for further checking. We will get back to you once we received feedback. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-1-24
Use props
Fines Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-24 03:08
Hi, Fines Aerial. Thank you for providing the needed information. We have forwarded it to our relevant team for further checking. We will get back to you once we received feedback. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Thanks. The more I play with it the more I'm convinced something is wrong with the DJI Fly app on the iPhone.

I can have the drone turned on and switch the same cable from the goggles between the iPhone and iPad, both running on the same network. With the iPhone I get the Remote Error, with the iPad everything works perfectly.

I even tried resetting all the settings on the phone to factory defaults and then re-enabling the location settings. Still doesn't work.

Hoping to see DJI Fly 1.9.2 soon.  :-)
2023-1-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Fines Aerial Posted at 1-24 06:30
Thanks. The more I play with it the more I'm convinced something is wrong with the DJI Fly app on the iPhone.

I can have the drone turned on and switch the same cable from the goggles between the iPhone and iPad, both running on the same network. With the iPhone I get the Remote Error, with the iPad everything works perfectly.

Hi, Fines Aerial. Thank you for providing additional information. Regretfully, we don't have any information on when the DJI Fly 1.9.2 version will be released. By the way, I have sent you a PM. Please check. Thank you.
2023-1-25
Use props
Fines Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-25 04:18
Hi, Fines Aerial. Thank you for providing additional information. Regretfully, we don't have any information on when the DJI Fly 1.9.2 version will be released. By the way, I have sent you a PM. Please check. Thank you.

Thanks - I sent you a link with the additional log and photo.
2023-1-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Fines Aerial Posted at 1-25 12:11
Thanks - I sent you a link with the additional log and photo.

Hi, Fines Aerial. Thank you. We appreciate your cooperation. Have a good one!
2023-1-28
Use props
Fines Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-28 04:40
Hi, Fines Aerial. Thank you. We appreciate your cooperation. Have a good one!

I had the chance to try an iPhone 10 running iOS 16.3 and DJI Fly 1.9.1. Worked fine.

Same cables on the iPhone 14 Pro Max, after a factory reset and turned location on for DJI Fly it gave the Remote ID error.

Pretty sure the problem is something with the app and the iPhone 14.
2023-1-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Fines Aerial Posted at 1-31 15:25
I had the chance to try an iPhone 10 running iOS 16.3 and DJI Fly 1.9.1. Worked fine.

Same cables on the iPhone 14 Pro Max, after a factory reset and turned location on for DJI Fly it gave the Remote ID error.

Hi, Fines Aerial. Thank you for the additional information. We'll let you know once we received feedback from our relevant team. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules