State Park question.
904 3 2015-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
venomx15301
lvl.3

United States

I know we are not allowed to take off or land in a state park but I was wondering if the main road that goes near or even through a state park is considered part of the park?

Like say State Route 1000001 runs right through the park, can we take off from the side of the road?
I ask because everyone around here keeps telling me I need to go to XXX OverLook at YYYY State Park and see how far out I can go, you can see for miles, all the way to the next state. There is a main road 100 yards from this overlook.
2015-8-18
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

The park rangers will hard time you no matter what. I went to Calorado 2 years ago with my P2V+ and took off 1/8th a mile from the state park. I know, for a fact, I was not "in" the park. You would not believe the rangers that came out of the "woodwork" looking for me. There were like 5 vehicles that converged on me when I landed. They were mad because they could not find me and I carried out a 22 minute flight before landing at about 200ft elevation. I tried my best to lose them when I landed but they were much smarter than that. I could have with my P3. Anyways, they ran my license with no ticket issued. My guess is because they couldn't. They advised that there are helicopters that come in right where I was and that it was illegal to fly there. I asked where I could fly then and they said "nowhere". Before flying there I searched all over the place for a "law" specifically stating no fly in parks. I found none. This was before it was posted and any legislature was passed but I was still told it was not allowed.
2015-8-18
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-8-19 00:33
The park rangers will hard time you no matter what. I went to Calorado 2 years ago with my P2V+ and  ...

Jim all I can say is fly smart ;) hell I am planning on doing the transmitter mod and mount antennas on top of my vehicle and a launch pad on the roof of the vehicle lol as this is getting ridiculous.
2015-8-18
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-8-19 00:52
Jim all I can say is fly smart ;) hell I am planning on doing the transmitter mod and mount antenn ...

Yes sir. It is getting where I don't want to take it on vacation as it is so hard to find a place you can use it. Good idea about the vehicle. Then you are safe...lol. Drive somewhere else to land.
2015-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules