Why is it illegal to fly at national parks?
6347 86 2015-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Turdle
lvl.2

United States

Forget the politics. Most people visit the major National Parks for the serenity and peace of mind. Noise is the issue. I am disturbed when a Harley comes roaring down the road into a parking area of a National Park because it takes away from the experience. I recently returned from a New England trip and inquired about launching my P3 while at the summit of Mnt. Washington. The ranger told me there was no policy so I launched it at the end of a parking lot and got some great footage. I also got a complaint about the noise, an inquiry and an enthusiastic "COOL". I have to admit though, being above tree line with no vegetation, the P3 was very noticeable until a Harley came roaring into the parking lot. I rest my case.
2015-10-16
Use props
ctonyperry
lvl.2

United States

venomx15301 Posted at 2015-8-18 08:35
We need a President that has balls. One that will stand up and say it is OK to fly these in ALL park ...

Pretty sure the president has absolutely nothing to do with it.
2015-10-16
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

Turdle Posted at 2015-10-17 02:07
Forget the politics. Most people visit the major National Parks for the serenity and peace of mind.  ...

point well taken. my question; why not ban Harleys? they are noisier than many P3 put together, and they could crash causing damage too?

P.S. DMWIERZ:  you cant subscribe to any threads in this forum, so if you dont like the thread you dont need to participate, the only time you get a reminder to the thread is if one replies directly to your post. DJI Forum servers have plenty of storage space so dont concern yourself for cluttering or using up storage space, if that is part of your gripe!
2015-10-16
Use props
cdnstudman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2700653 ft
United States

Hey, today I flew in the State or National (whichever it is) at Ponce Inlet near Daytona Beach Florida while on vacation here. I even asked at the gate before paying to get in and they were more than fine with me flying it. The only question the guy asked was what my YouTube channel is so he could see the footage, which by the way is "cdnstudman" if any of you want to see when it goes up. You could always stand outside the park I suppose if you wanted to be safe, then you are not actually in the park.
2015-10-16
Use props
venomx15301
lvl.3

United States

ctonyperry@gmai Posted at 2015-10-16 15:19
Pretty sure the president has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Hasn't stopped the current one.
2015-10-22
Use props
fansc2824692
New
United States

Oh the rangers can be real dic&$.  I don't think I'd take the chance at getting thrown in prison.  Times have changed.  So much less freedom.  It's a wonder any of us survived the good old days with all the riding in the back of pickups, no airbags or antilock brakes  and lawn darts.  Need stricter laws to keep us imprisoned in our homes.  
2017-7-13
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

This is a two year old thread - but ... the short answer is no because NPS rules forbids it.  
Skip ahead to 13:30

2017-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules