master/slave mode: slave loses range
1018 5 2015-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
barbara.sacre
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,

I had a look through the forums but never really found a good reply to my problem.

I am a newbie flyer with the inspire and recently went up to do some training aerial footage and test the equipmemt.

Unfortunately, shortly after take-off the slave remote would not get any connection anymore. IT would be quite haphazard. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn. I still get the footage live, but the slave loses all video link connection.

Anyone who know how or why this happens and how I can avoid this? It's useless going out with dual controllers at this point.

2015-8-18
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Hi Barbara,

That is because there isn't a solution. An outstanding issue that DJI has yet to fix.
2015-8-18
Use props
barbara.sacre
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I thought the slave got its signal from the master and not direct from the inspire. Which I thought quite odd. Surely it would make more sense to transmit the signal straight to the slave?  instead of such a roundabout way.  
2015-8-18
Use props
mixmaven
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1699081 ft
  • >>>
United States

barbara.sacre Posted at 2015-8-18 22:21
I thought the slave got its signal from the master and not direct from the inspire. Which I thought  ...

What I posted in a similar thread for you to try:

The generally suggested fix for trouble with your video drop out and slave rc issues is to use manual channel selection and drop your data rate to 4Mbps.  

If you are located in a country (UK) that does not support channel selection, you may need to select a different region in your ipad settings, like the US.  
2015-8-18
Use props
barbara.sacre
lvl.1

United Kingdom

mixmaven Posted at 2015-8-19 10:17
What I posted in a similar thread for you to try:

The generally suggested fix for trouble with y ...

Thanks! You've given a solution and settled another question I was struggling with :-)

I had tried to reduce the datarate, but couldn't figure out how to do that.  Now I realise that option is not supported in the UK.

I'll try your suggestion, hoping that will work!!
2015-8-19
Use props
mixmaven
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1699081 ft
  • >>>
United States

barbara.sacre Posted at 2015-8-20 03:11
Thanks! You've given a solution and settled another question I was struggling with :-)

I had trie ...

Great!  Manual mode works better for me, glad to help.  
2015-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules