2217 61 2023-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

So, was busy doing a TimeLapse of the storm Clouds just now and while the video was saving a big bird flew and tried to grab the drone, i hit it in sports to get away from the bird but that damn bird kept chasing the drone. Drone crashed into neighbors roof and hit the ground hard. Its basically fit for the bin now.

IMG_0537 Small.jpeg
2023-1-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

2023-1-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

2023-1-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

I have Care Refresh, I have never done a claim using this, can anyone provide a link or something.
2023-1-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Suren.  We are sincerely sorry you are going through these difficulties. Since the drone crashed, we highly recommend that you send your drone back to us for further diagnosis and repair. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-1-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That sucks, Suren. Commiserations. Must have bern a damn big bird to intimidate the drone.
2023-1-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ahhh,  that will buff out.

Sorry for your loss Suren.
2023-1-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to see that Suren.  I "had" a hawk in my area that kept wanting to attack my Air 2 S and the Mini 3 Pro.  All 4 times he tried to attack I switched to Sport's mode and ascended as fast as I could.  The hawk can dive faster than ascend so I was able to get away.  

I had enough of his aggressiveness so I was able to lure him in with my small RC car covered with a rabbit skin driving along my perimeter road.  Took a few tries as he kept circling and passing over my fake rabbit.  Last swoop he made was his last.  He is no longer a threat to my drones.

Hopefully, you will be able to get your drone repaired or replaced under your care refresh as quickly as possible.  
2023-1-28
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

I went through the process at the end of October. Pretty painless and quick.
2023-1-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-28 00:02
Hi, Suren.  We are sincerely sorry you are going through these difficulties. Since the drone crashed, we highly recommend that you send your drone back to us for further diagnosis and repair. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.

Thanks Gamora, is this the same repair process for Care Refresh? I just purchased to renew my Care Refresh but did not bind it to my drone yet, I bought It online, would this affect that.
2023-1-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Blériot53 Posted at 1-28 01:41
That sucks, Suren. Commiserations. Must have bern a damn big bird to intimidate the drone.

Thanks Mr B, looked like a Hawk or I am assuming it is, was Brown in colour and looked like it wanted my drone for dinner
2023-1-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 1-28 01:53
Ahhh,  that will buff out.

Thanks DAFlys, I am sure some polish will get it new again LOL. I tried to fit the Gimbal and stuff back yesterday but it seems that it is completely broken. Battery has a puncture in it and neighbour suggested we get rid of it instantly before it catch fire.
2023-1-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-28 05:55
Sorry to see that Suren.  I "had" a hawk in my area that kept wanting to attack my Air 2 S and the Mini 3 Pro.  All 4 times he tried to attack I switched to Sport's mode and ascended as fast as I could.  The hawk can dive faster than ascend so I was able to get away.  

I had enough of his aggressiveness so I was able to lure him in with my small RC car covered with a rabbit skin driving along my perimeter road.  Took a few tries as he kept circling and passing over my fake rabbit.  Last swoop he made was his last.  He is no longer a threat to my drones.

AH, I should have tried amending then descending. That might explain why the bird kept chasing the drone and it seemed like I was not getting away from it. Here with all the mountains, catching 1 of those birds will not help. The other day I was out over water shooting boats and 2 Sea Gulls kept diving towards my drone, they followed the drone all the way till I landed.
2023-1-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-28 06:07
I went through the process at the end of October. Pretty painless and quick.

Thanks, I checked the link provided above and it only comes up as a repair and not for New Zealand.
2023-1-28
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Send it to Care Refresh, you will get a new one pretty quick.
I had crashed my Mavic Air 2 nearly a year ago, and got a new one from DJI once they received mine, it took 7 days from the day I sent it to the day I received the new drone.
Flawless experience with DJI so far!
2023-1-28
Use props
KokoFresha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3843146 ft
United States

I'm sorry about the incident. Your drone has a lot to do with the development that the Mavic 3 has had over the past year.
2023-1-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Yaros1 Posted at 1-28 08:41
Send it to Care Refresh, you will get a new one pretty quick.
I had crashed my Mavic Air 2 nearly a year ago, and got a new one from DJI once they received mine, it took 7 days from the day I sent it to the day I received the new drone.
Flawless experience with DJI so far!

I am hoping to do that but cannot find a link to make that type of claim only a repair link.
2023-1-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

KokoFresha Posted at 1-28 09:13
I'm sorry about the incident. Your drone has a lot to do with the development that the Mavic 3 has had over the past year.

Thanks, Yeah it worked hard with a lot of beta FW
2023-1-28
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Suren Posted at 1-28 10:00
I am hoping to do that but cannot find a link to make that type of claim only a repair link.

This link? https://repair.dji.com/express/refresh-express
2023-1-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-28 10:03
This link? https://repair.dji.com/express/refresh-express

I get this error

2023-1-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just in case the music is wrong, remember I am now deaf.

2023-1-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 1-28 08:24
Thanks Mr B, looked like a Hawk or I am assuming it is, was Brown in colour and looked like it wanted my drone for dinner

At least you have the wreck to claim against for replacement.
2023-1-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-28 10:40
Just in case the music is wrong, remember I am now deaf.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MH37XqGeRg

A fitting Song, Thanks Mate
2023-1-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Blériot53 Posted at 1-28 10:47
At least you have the wreck to claim against for replacement.

Yeah, could have got stuck in the neighbours bug tree or taken away by the bird
2023-1-28
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

sorry to hear about your crash.  ive been chased only a few times and i've found that ascending works since the birds seem to be protecting their nests.  however, i've started to stand my ground and don't run.  often the birds are bluffing and are not brave enough to attack the big orange drone, not even the bigger birds.  then i make a slow controlled escape if they persist because i would panic if i ran.  dji care refresh will hopefully take care of you.
2023-1-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

The Saint Posted at 1-28 12:01
sorry to hear about your crash.  ive been chased only a few times and i've found that ascending works since the birds seem to be protecting their nests.  however, i've started to stand my ground and don't run.  often the birds are bluffing and are not brave enough to attack the big orange drone, not even the bigger birds.  then i make a slow controlled escape if they persist because i would panic if i ran.  dji care refresh will hopefully take care of you.

Thanks Mate. I had a few SeaGulls that approached my Evo 2 but they don't stay long and just fly around in circles towards the drone and away - Maybe the size is more intimidating than the Mavic 3. I should have went up instead of down and straight and I would have been okay but in the panic I could not think straight.
2023-1-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 1-28 10:53
Yeah, could have got stuck in the neighbours bug tree or taken away by the bird

Let us know how it pans out
2023-1-28
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

@Sean-bumble-bee - Music hits just right.

@Suren - sorry man.  This sucks but you will come out with a fresh one.  
2023-1-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Blériot53 Posted at 1-28 13:44
Let us know how it pans out

I will do that
2023-1-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

TonyPHX Posted at 1-28 15:30
@Sean-bumble-bee - Music hits just right.

@Suren - sorry man.  This sucks but you will come out with a fresh one.

Thanks Tony, hopefully when the supplier opens here on Monday they can help me because with the links provided I cannot register the damage drone for care refresh claim.
2023-1-28
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Considering you were able to purchase CR, they SHOULD honor it!!
2023-1-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-28 17:35
Considering you were able to purchase CR, they SHOULD honor it!!

That's what I would think as well.
2023-1-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 1-28 08:25
Thanks DAFlys, I am sure some polish will get it new again LOL. I tried to fit the Gimbal and stuff back yesterday but it seems that it is completely broken. Battery has a puncture in it and neighbour suggested we get rid of it instantly before it catch fire.

Yes,  those batteries with holes in are a bit unpredictable.   Good luck with care refresh.   At least with the replacement you can get another year of cover.  
2023-1-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 1-28 08:28
AH, I should have tried amending then descending. That might explain why the bird kept chasing the drone and it seemed like I was not getting away from it. Here with all the mountains, catching 1 of those birds will not help. The other day I was out over water shooting boats and 2 Sea Gulls kept diving towards my drone, they followed the drone all the way till I landed.

Ascending quickly has always worked for me.  
2023-1-29
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 1-29 01:04
Yes,  those batteries with holes in are a bit unpredictable.   Good luck with care refresh.   At least with the replacement you can get another year of cover.

Yeah, my neighbour who's roof the drone crashed on is a Sparkie and he said to dispose instantly. He put in some bag and got rid of it. I already paid for the added care refresh but was told that it was not bound yet by dealer, hopefully they can add it onto the new drone else I will be out $450NZD
2023-1-29
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-29 05:33
Ascending quickly has always worked for me.

I need to keep that in mid going forward
2023-1-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Suren Posted at 1-28 08:23
Thanks Gamora, is this the same repair process for Care Refresh? I just purchased to renew my Care Refresh but did not bind it to my drone yet, I bought It online, would this affect that.

Hi, Suren. No worries. Yes, please go to the repair website and create a case, once the damage assessment is done, you will be offered options (including DJI Care Refresh Service) on how you would want to proceed. If the DJI Care Refresh that you just bought is still not activated yet then it will not be affected. In addition, the DJI Care Refresh Express website will not push through as Express is currently not available in New Zealand. Feel free to contact DJI support at https://www.dji.com/support if you need assistance creating the case or if you would like to know more about the process. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-1-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 1-29 21:38
Yeah, my neighbour who's roof the drone crashed on is a Sparkie and he said to dispose instantly. He put in some bag and got rid of it. I already paid for the added care refresh but was told that it was not bound yet by dealer, hopefully they can add it onto the new drone else I will be out $450NZD

Here DJI automatically transfer the refresh onto any new drone they send you out.
2023-1-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 1-29 21:38
I need to keep that in mid going forward

Just a lesson I learned the hard way with the original Mini.  
2023-1-30
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-30 01:08
Hi Suren. No worries. Yes, please go to the repair website and create a case, once the damage assessment is done, you will be offered options (including DJI Care Refresh Service) on how you would want to proceed. If the DJI Care Refresh that you just bought is still not activated yet then it will not be affected. In addition, the DJI Care Refresh Express website will not push through as Express is currently not available in New Zealand. Feel free to contact DJI support at https://www.dji.com/support if you need assistance creating the case or if you would like to know more about the process. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.

Hi Gamora, I sent you a PM with the Case number. Can you please check and advise.
2023-1-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules