DJI Osmo Action 3 footage not recognized in Davinci Resolve
3249 6 2023-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AC999
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hey Guys,

I successfully uploaded and edited footage from my DJI Mini 3 Pro in Davinci Resolve, but when I try to do the same with clips from my DJI Osmo Action 3, the video is not recognized and only the audio plays. My settings on the Osmo Action 3 are:

• 4K 30 FPS
  • Rock Steady On
  • Exposure: Auto
  • WB: AWB
  • Color: Normal
  • FOV: Ultra Wide
  • Enhanced Image: On

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?
2023-1-28
Use props
AC999
lvl.1
United Kingdom

The solution has been found! To play H.265 video on Windows 10/11, one must install the Free HEVC Codecs. The following YouTube video shows how to do this and provides a link to download the codecs for free: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4j0kuH8_M4&ab_channel=AmirLevine. I can confirm that using this method allows Davinci Resolve to recognize footage from the DJI Osmo Action 3 camera.
2023-1-28
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I had this issue with pinnical studio, I loaded Direct X that fixed it, sound only.  so make sure you got the things needed liked mentioned, if you load other programs they will include codecs, seemed you had it with the drone camera and the A3 should have worked
2023-1-28
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Windows...pffff...
2023-1-28
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

All murican made is bad
2023-1-28
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Well, there's not a whole LUT of stuff that are made in Murica nowadays :-)

- Wait! This stuff's made in NEW YORK CITY!?
- That really chaps my hide...!

2023-1-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We're glad that you managed to isolate the issue that you experience and share the steps that you take to fix the issue. Thank you for your valued support. Happy filming!
2023-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules