Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Webevision
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5906043 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,
I unlocked an area 750m in diameter to give me plenty of wiggle room in Camden London. The site is close to R157/Hyde Park but well to the right of the flight, and my unlock partially covered that area anyway.  But the thing is I was constanty getting the warning of the jpeg attached.

I've had issues in the past flying in an area close but not in a Geo fenced area, which I had unlocked even though I wasn't anywhere near it. Only for the drone loosing complete flight control other than going directly down. This included unresponsive RTH function.  Thankfully I was over a roof on the site I was filming and managed to get it back. As note, I personally think this is a very dangerous bug in the flight characteristics which I have raised with DJI and hopefully they have taken on board for the next FW update.

So my questions to DJI HQ.  Is this simply a warning or will it progress to complete loss  of control similar to the situation above?  Or how long do I have to get out of Dodge before it goes into control shut down and I have to land where I'm hovering, which could be anywhere or over anyone?

Cheers

Phil
Geo Warning.jpg
2023-1-29
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

That message is a warning.  
2023-1-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you were near St Johns Wood, there are several NFZs here.  This warning is telling you that if you fly round the NFZ the RTH will not be able to fly back,   a NFZ will behave like a wall,  the drone will fly up to it and stop.
2023-1-30
Use props
Webevision
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5906043 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you both for taking the time to reply.

Yes I know about the  NFZ-eds, although I would have thought with a Geo-Unlock (no walls) and NAT's permission I was good to go and shouldn't get any of these warnings.  

Re Tony, I'm aware it's a warning, what I don't know is at what point does it become an issue? Similar to my previous experience and when the drone literally stops and won't even RTH.  
2023-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules