My Mini 3 pro has some Jelly effect on top of the video.
2553 21 2023-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bodrumsurf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 194416 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Hi everybody.My video with Mini 3 pro has some Jelly effect on top of the video after second 00:25.
Anybody knows about why is this?
Does this cover warranty?
Thanks

2023-1-30
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 951020 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Check if the propellers are damaged. I've read in another thread about that - slightly damaged props my cause this.
2023-1-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, bodrumsurf. Thank you for reaching out. May we request an unedited video for further checking, please? Kindly check my PM for the link. Thank you.
2023-1-31
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice video.  I'm not seeing any detrimental effect, and I've played it through three times?
2023-1-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 for checking the propellers and that the screws are all tight.
2023-1-31
Use props
bodrumsurf
lvl.1
  • >>>
Thailand

Blériot53 Posted at 1-31 01:04
Nice video.  I'm not seeing any detrimental effect, and I've played it through three times?

Everyone saw it
2023-1-31
Use props
bodrumsurf
lvl.1
  • >>>
Thailand

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-31 00:26
Hi, bodrumsurf. Thank you for reaching out. May we request an unedited video for further checking, please? Kindly check my PM for the link. Thank you.

Thank you Gamora. I just upload it.
Thanks for your kindly help.
2023-1-31
Use props
bodrumsurf
lvl.1
  • >>>
Thailand

_SoP_ Posted at 1-30 23:06
Check if the propellers are damaged. I've read in another thread about that - slightly damaged props my cause this.

Thank you.  Will check it out.
2023-1-31
Use props
bodrumsurf
lvl.1
  • >>>
Thailand

Check second 25 after and top of the video.
2023-1-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice footage. Apart from that bit of jelly.
Did you find a fix?
2023-2-1
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Still looks fine to me.   Everyone?  
2023-2-1
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

The "jello" effect in aerial photography refers to the distortion of images caused by the vibration of the camera during flight, typically on a drone. This can cause the images to appear wobbly and jelly-like, hence the name.

To reduce the jello effect, there are several steps you can take:

Mounting the camera properly: Secure the camera on the drone in a way that reduces the vibration. Use vibration-absorbing materials such as foam or rubber to isolate the camera from the drone.
Balancing the drone: Make sure the drone is properly balanced so that it is not lopsided. An unbalanced drone will vibrate more, leading to more jello.
Increasing shutter speed: By increasing the shutter speed, you can reduce the amount of time the camera's sensor is exposed to the vibrations, which can help minimize the jello effect.
Using ND filters: ND (neutral density) filters reduce the amount of light entering the lens, allowing you to use a faster shutter speed. This can help reduce the jello effect.
Updating drone firmware: Make sure your drone's firmware is up to date. Newer firmware may have better vibration reduction algorithms that can help reduce the jello effect.
By taking these steps, you can minimize the jello effect in your aerial photography.
2023-2-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

bodrumsurf@gmai Posted at 1-31 20:53
Thank you Gamora. I just upload it.
Thanks for your kindly help.

Hi, bodrumsurf. Thank you for your cooperation. I have forwarded it to our relevant team.  I'll get back to you once I received an update from them. Thank you.
2023-2-1
Use props
fansa78b5913
lvl.4
Flight distance : 263537 ft
Canada

What shutter speed were you using?  Btw, nice footage.
2023-2-1
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 1-31 01:04

Its deffo there after 25s its not as bad as many seen before but it is there is ever so slight, + one on the props, one (or more) may be slightly damaged, warped etc...
2023-2-1
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 2-1 20:10
Its deffo there after 25s its not as bad as many seen before but it is there is ever so slight, + one on the props, one (or more) may be slightly damaged, warped etc...

Must be my rheumy old eyes then - looks fine to me
2023-2-1
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Blériot53 Posted at 2-1 23:06
Must be my rheumy old eyes then - looks fine to me

There's obvious jello effect after 25 sec. Focus on the ridge at the top left corner of the image after 25 sec.
2023-2-2
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tuxtard Posted at 2-2 09:48
There's obvious jello effect after 25 sec. Focus on the ridge at the top left corner of the image after 25 sec.

I think you guys are obsessing about something which is barely noticeable.
Even on my brand-new 45 inch OLED smart TV screen, as well as 17"  Laptop screen.
I've watched it four times now and I'm far more interested in the great content than any minor distraction.
2023-2-2
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Blériot53 Posted at 2-2 10:31
Even on my brand-new 45 inch OLED smart TV screen, as well as 17"  Laptop screen.
I've watched it four times now and I'm far more interested in the great content than any minor distraction.

Not obsessing, just confirming that there is a noticeable issue in that footage. This drone has a gimbal or prop/motor issue.
2023-2-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 2-2 10:31
Even on my brand-new 45 inch OLED smart TV screen, as well as 17"  Laptop screen.

I only have a 15.4" lappy and even the small amount of jello that I can see, [i/]I would want it sorted, IMO, I would say it's deffo a prop issue.
2023-2-6
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tuxtard Posted at 2-6 05:15
Not obsessing, just confirming that there is a noticeable issue in that footage. This drone has a gimbal or prop/motor issue.

Hope you get it sorted
2023-2-6
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 2-6 07:44
I only have a 15.4" lappy and even the small amount of jello that I can see, I would want it sorted, IMO, I would say it's deffo a prop issue.

If it's just that it's an easy fix.
2023-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules