In 2023 Air2s or Mini 3 pro?
3659 5 2023-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_WFDLsFXx3gbW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 402920 ft
United States

I have owned the Mini version 1 for many years. I am looking to upgrade. I have watched many, many comparison videos which seem to match up the Mini 3 pro and Air 2s as being very close to each other in camera performance.

I think I would get the Air 2s for the following reasons:
  • handle wind better
  • true 20MP camera
  • 4-way obstacle sensing
  • better signal transmission???

I think I would get the Mini 3 Pro for the following reasons:
  • RC controller!!! I hate using my phone!
  • quieter, draws less attention
  • slightly better camera performance???

I am coming to the forum to ask for other real world experiences, not spec sheet comparisons.
Is the camera on the Mini 3 Pro really comparable? It is 12MP compared to 20 MP but seems like the Mini 3 Pro is sharper yet.
Is the signal transmission on Air 2s better? Weak signal really annoys me!

I am pulling my hair out trying to make a decision.

2023-2-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have both drones.  On windy days I prefer to use the Air 2S as it handles so much better and the 4 way OA is very handy at times.  I use the RC screened with the Air 2S to keep from having to use my mobile device.  On super sunny days I use the RC Pro because it has 1000 nits.  

Hard choice between the two but if I could only have one drone it would be the Air 2S.  

Another consideration is that the Air 3 is rumored to be coming out around May timeframe per @DealsDrone twitter.  
2023-2-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_WFDLsFXx3gbW. Thank you for reaching out. Just to clarify, the Mini 3 Pro with 1/1.3-inch CMOS has Effective Pixels of 48 MP while the DJI Air 2S with 1-inch CMOS has Effective pixels of 20 MP only. Also, for the DJI Air 2S, you can use RCs with screen on them like DJI RC, DJI RC Pro, and DJI Smart Controller. For the signal transmission, it depends on your area and flight environment. We hope that other pilots near you could provide insights about it. To compare the drones easily, you may visit this link: (https://www.dji.com/products/comparison-consumer-drones). We hope this helps. Thank you for your support.  
2023-2-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you can wait,   wait for another 3 months as a Mini4 should be announced by then and maybe an Air3.
2023-2-4
Use props
djiuser_WFDLsFXx3gbW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 402920 ft
United States

OK thanks guys. Interesting about the possible upcoming releases.

If I were considering the Mavic 3 classic, would you still say to wait? Is it possible DJI would boost the Air 3 enough to make the Mavic 3 Classic obsolete?

2023-2-4
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

djiuser_WFDLsFXx3gbW Posted at 2-4 17:48
OK thanks guys. Interesting about the possible upcoming releases.

If I were considering the Mavic 3 classic, would you still say to wait? Is it possible DJI would boost the Air 3 enough to make the Mavic 3 Classic obsolete?

Not a chance
2023-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules