dji mini 3 pro repair parts name
8989 21 2023-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paulga
lvl.1

United States

drone flew into a garage building in a strong wind. Roll arm and one chip on a plastic piece in the gimbal took damages.  The plastic piece is shown in photo 2 - 4. it is the plastic piece of the left side motor when you look down on the drone with its camera facing forward -- the rubber ring has 3 holes. the piece has 3 clips for fixature to the rubber ring, one clip has broken off. the motor still works, so I actually only need a new plastic thingie, but I didn't find this plastic piece on aliexpress, so i guess it's part of the motor, so i might have to change the motor. what's the name of that motor?

There are two options:
1. The remaining 2 clips should be (?)  able to hold it in place and enable the motor to function well during flight, and the roll arm has only an aesthetic issue, so I just need to install the 2 clips back to the rubber ring and fly as usual
2. replace the roll arm and that motor (or just the plastic thingie). understood only used parts are available. -- can this be performed with the gimbal in place , without disassembling the top cover, ribbon cable and separating the gimbal?

Roll Arm

Roll Arm

plastic piece

plastic piece

plastic piece

plastic piece

plastic piece

plastic piece
2023-2-4
Use props
paulga
lvl.1

United States

the yellow arrow on the last photo points to the plastic thing that has one clip off
2023-2-4
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The gimbal has suffered a crack as per picture.
Screenshot_20230204_204904_Samsung Internet.jpg
2023-2-4
Use props
paulga
lvl.1

United States

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 2-4 12:50
The gimbal has suffered a crack as per picture.

Thanks for the finding. the roll arm didn't actually break, so it could hold up just fine though not looking as perfect as before aesthetically ..
the top issue the broken clip in that plastic thingie. i cannot hope to glue it back -- the design is so cheap and stu**id. from the parts photos on ebay, this plastic thingie is not part of the motor (see photo below), but i cannot find it on the internet. so i might have to spend ~200$ for an entire used gimbal frame, or improvise a way to fix the plastic thing to the rubber ring, making something up for the broken clip....
2023-2-4
Use props
paulga
lvl.1

United States

it looks like the Yaw Motor. it looks like the motor does not come with the plastic thingie that provides the clips..  
i haven't found this pastic part from aliexpress, but it's not rationale to spend 200$ only for this stup*d clip .   

yaw

yaw
2023-2-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

To be fair, it may actually be cost-effective to have DJI repair it, if the camera is ok then thats great as thats the most expensive part, you might be pleasantly surprised, you can always say no and they will send it back
2023-2-4
Use props
paulga
lvl.1

United States

Bashy Posted at 2-4 18:58
To be fair, it may actually be cost-effective to have DJI repair it, if the camera is ok then thats great as thats the most expensive part, you might be pleasantly surprised, you can always say no and they will send it back

Thanks. the camera and those motors still work as i already tested..
i'm frustrated to see the broken little chip of the yaw motor cover/housing. to make things worse, the yaw motor cover is not being sold separately.. need to improvise something before i can fly it again.   
2023-2-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, paulga. Thank you for reaching out. We are sincerely sorry you are going through these difficulties. Since there's a broken part on the drone, we highly recommend that you send your drone back to us for further diagnosis and repair. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. For parts assistance, you may contact DJI support at (https://(www.dji.com/support) to check if that part is available for purchase. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-2-4
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

When I crashed my drone, they did a fake price assessment, even though they were going to replace for free. The parts were all reasonably priced, but they didn't mention labour.
2023-2-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Zoooom Posted at 2-4 23:18
When I crashed my drone, they did a fake price assessment, even though they were going to replace for free. The parts were all reasonably priced, but they didn't mention labour.

Hi there, may I ask if you're referring to your DJI Mini 3 Pro Case? If you have any concerns about your case, please let us know.
2023-2-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

paulga Posted at 2-4 19:57
Thanks. the camera and those motors still work as i already tested..
i'm frustrated to see the broken little chip of the yaw motor cover/housing. to make things worse, the yaw motor cover is not being sold separately.. need to improvise something before i can fly it again merrily.

The roll?-arm/motor-mount-housing is cracked, as has been mentioned. It should be replaced and for that I would send the drone to DJI. Any attempted DIY repair including glue will leave traces and probably invalid you warranty. If you DIY replace the arm you'd also probably run in to calibration errors and having to rematch the rebuilt gimbal to the drone.
2023-2-5
Use props
paulga
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-4 21:16
Hi, paulga. Thank you for reaching out. We are sincerely sorry you are going through these difficulties. Since there's a broken part on the drone, we highly recommend that you send your drone back to us for further diagnosis and repair. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. For parts assistance, you may contact DJI support at (https://(www.dji.com/support) to check if that part is available for purchase. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.

Thanks for reply. i didn't purchase any care package, and any more dollars spent would bring the total investment on this drone to unreasonable level.  i'll do some compromise for now and save the budget for future unexpected events.
2023-2-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

paulga Posted at 2-5 07:37
Thanks for reply. i didn't purchase any care package, and any more dollars spent would bring the total investment on this drone to unreasonable level.  i'll do some compromise for now and save the budget for future unexpected events.

Hi, paulga. Thank you for the reply. We understand and hopefully, you'll get it fixed. Have a good one.
2023-2-8
Use props
tcbrady700r
New

United States

I'm having the same issue with broken motor tabs. although if I'm not mistake is this not the pitch motor? has anyone found a solution or rolled the dice buying the motor to see if it comes with that part?
2023-3-27
Use props
fans77b0fdb2
lvl.1

United States

tcbrady700r Posted at 3-27 15:03
I'm having the same issue with broken motor tabs. although if I'm not mistake is this not the pitch motor? has anyone found a solution or rolled the dice buying the motor to see if it comes with that part?

purchased all parts from aliexpress. you may request specific and ask for photos to confirm before buying.
I followed youtube video, spent 3 hours, then done. drone didn't ask for gimbal calibration when turned on after reassebling.

2023-4-3
Use props
fans77b0fdb2
lvl.1

United States

the lesson is, wind can be catastrophic to drones when launching from inside buildings, so extra caution is advised if you have to fly in windy days.
I also purchased a barrier guard for use

2023-4-3
Use props
djiuser_3zgiHwgAD7ts
New

United States

paulga Posted at 2-4 06:22
the yellow arrow on the last photo points to the plastic thing that has one clip off

This is the part you need
2023-4-8
Use props
djiuser_mUpM2dwtuPPg
New
Flight distance : 18770 ft
Belgium

fans77b0fdb2 Posted at 4-3 12:24
purchased all parts from aliexpress. you may request specific and ask for photos to confirm before buying.
I followed youtube video, spent 3 hours, then done. drone didn't ask for gimbal calibration when turned on after reassebling.

Got a link please?
2023-4-30
Use props
Psychomaniac
lvl.1

South Africa

Hi All.
Couple of things to mention.
I know that online shops selling the motors call it yaw, pitch etc, but thats incorrect. Above picture has all the motors labelled incorrectly.
The motor with the the flex and connectors on both sides is in fact the yaw ( left and right gimbal movement ).
The motor labelled pitch is actually the roll motor ( rotate left and right gimbal movement ).
The motor labelled yaw is actually the pitch motor ( up and down gimbal movement ).

As far as only using 2 of the 3 clips for those rubbers, yes it will work. Those rubber are not actual stoppers as the stoppers are built into either sides of the yaw arm, 1 in the pitch motor, the other in the free spinning bearing assembly. You might need to test this with flying as high as you can, and checking pitch and yaw movement.

The arm however will likely not hold for long. I have replaced a few of these arms, and fans77b0fdb2 above is correct, can get all the needed parts on Ali Express.
I myself did a pitch  motor replacement and now need to calibrate, but alas, no python script for the mini 3 pro yet.

Any questions you are welcome to HMU. Alternatively can link our Youtube channel.
2023-5-2
Use props
Psychomaniac
lvl.1

South Africa

https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-mini-3-pro-gimbal-yaw-arm.html?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20230502024537&SearchText=mini+3+pro+gimbal+yaw+arm&spm=a2g0o.best.1000002.0
2023-5-2
Use props
Nik1982
lvl.2
Flight distance : 979528 ft
Croatia

fans77b0fdb2 Posted at 4-3 12:24
I followed youtube video, spent 3 hours, then done. drone didn't ask for gimbal calibration when turned on after reassebling.

did you change the whole motor or could you remove only that plastic part from the motor and move it to your motor? Best regards
2023-8-29
Use props
fans77b0fdb2
lvl.1

United States

Nik1982 Posted at 8-29 22:53
did you change the whole motor or could you remove only that plastic part from the motor and move it to your motor? Best regards

I had to change the whole motor. the plastic thingie does not seem intuitive to come off easily. you also need to puchase the rubber connection pairs with long tabs. the existing rubber pieces break easily even you push them through sockets slowly with patience
2023-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules