17091 73 2023-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

As confirmed by a DJI representative in the DJI Developer forum, they will release an SDK / MSDK 5.3 for the Mini 3 series. This will potentially turn your Mini 3 into a beast by adding new capabilities through third-party apps that can connect to the drone.
See all the details in this video:

2023-2-5
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

This has been dealt with in 3 separate threads and is 2 lines of text.
It doesnt need a click bait video containing nothing but filler.
2023-2-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm excited to see what the mini 3 Pro will be capable of with 3rd party apps.  Hopefully, it will add waypoints.
2023-2-5
Use props
Zhillz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2914944 ft
United States

The opportunity of flying at sub ~50-foot altitude and ensuring the visual security of gates and my agricultural fencing through saved way-points missions would be outstanding. I recall the Phantom 4 days and wonder with the use of virtual sticks, the ability to complete a mission in case of signal loss can be brought back via app(s)?
2023-2-5
Use props
heo3480
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1265220 ft
Denmark

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-5 04:40
I'm excited to see what the mini 3 will be capable of with 3rd party apps.  Hopefully, it will add waypoints.

No doubt this will benefit the mini 3 the most as it’s quite limited - so I guess it will do for the mini 3 what it did for mini 2
2023-2-5
Use props
jmto81
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30092 ft
Finland

gnirtS Posted at 2-5 04:28
This has been dealt with in 3 separate threads and is 2 lines of text.
It doesnt need a click bait video containing nothing but filler.

Yeah. Just link would have been enough.

And the link: https://sdk-forum.dji.net/hc/en-us/articles/8818033368857-What-is-the-plan-for-the-consumer-level-aircraft-

(And apparently I can't even link, tried to edit it to be link multiple times, but no luck
2023-2-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

heo3480 Posted at 2-5 05:10
No doubt this will benefit the mini 3 the most as it’s quite limited - so I guess it will do for the mini 3 what it did for mini 2

Guess we have to wait and see.  Litchi will probably be pretty quick to jump on the SDK when released and work their magic.  
2023-2-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Will be useless to me as they dropped IOS support and the DJI RC cannot install apps.
2023-2-5
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 2-5 07:40
Will be useless to me as they dropped IOS support and the DJI RC cannot install apps.

Same for me as well, wonder why they only releasing for Android and not iPhone.
2023-2-5
Use props
Mastoras
lvl.4
Flight distance : 558517 ft
  • >>>
United States

Release for both platforms and add 3rd party support for RC controller, which is the majority of sales. Am I a genius, and I don't even work for DJI..?
2023-2-5
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 2-5 10:41
Same for me as well, wonder why they only releasing for Android and not iPhone.

May well be the way their code is constructed.

They failed coding standards and withdrew the main apps from the playstore but on Android its fine as you can install from 3rd party sources without any issue.

You cant on IOS so if whatever they're doing there fails standards there's no option.
2023-2-5
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1838077 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

gnirtS Posted at 2-5 11:45
May well be the way their code is constructed.

They failed coding standards and withdrew the main apps from the playstore but on Android its fine as you can install from 3rd party sources without any issue.

It's because it's encrypted with secneo. Nothing else.
Play store require that you can decompile and scan the app.
2023-2-5
Use props
WA4OSH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54367 ft
United States

"the DJI RC cannot install apps"   I bought my DJI Mini 3 Pro with the RC controller (instead of the RC-N1) because I wanted a dedicated display, not a rigged-up android cellphone and a USB to USB-C wire dangling all over everything.

I don't need TikTok, YouTube or games to run on my RC controller, just an Adobe Acrobat Reader so that I can display FAA Sectional Charts and a couple of approved Android applications such as Litchi, Dronedeploy, PixPro, etc.

2023-2-5
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

For those of you that take issue with Henrik's video posts, I have some thoughts for you.  First, not all of us are offended when someone shares some news using a different modality than two lines of text.  Some of us are visual learners who enjoy the spoken word and delivery.  Second, Henrik is clearly passionate about the hobby and the fact he invests the time to make a quality video and then puts himself out there to share it gives me a lot of respect for him.  

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but I do think you should in turn not go negative on content creators that engage with us here.  If as a community we produce more negativity than content, then this place is going to get pretty lonely.
2023-2-5
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for sharing!
2023-2-5
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 2-5 18:06
For those of you that take issue with Henrik's video posts, I have some thoughts for you.  First, not all of us are offended when someone shares some news using a different modality than two lines of text.  Some of us are visual learners who enjoy the spoken word and delivery.  Second, Henrik is clearly passionate about the hobby and the fact he invests the time to make a quality video and then puts himself out there to share it gives me a lot of respect for him.  

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but I do think you should in turn not go negative on content creators that engage with us here.  If as a community we produce more negativity than content, then this place is going to get pretty lonely.

And watching his expressions and fun delivery makes him one of my favorites!!!
2023-2-5
Use props
BodkinsBestPhotography
lvl.2

Canada

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but I do think you should in turn not go negative on content creators that engage with us here.  If as a community we produce more negativity than content, then this place is going to get pretty lonely.

He's clearly posting links to his videos for the hits.  If you don't take issue with that you should probably go elope with him...
2023-2-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Henrik. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. However, DJI Mini 3/Mini 3 Pro does not currently offer SDK. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com). Thank you for your valued support.
2023-2-5
Use props
heo3480
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1265220 ft
Denmark

I'm excited to see what the mini 3 will be capable of with 3rd party apps.  Hopefully, it will add waypoints.

2023-2-5
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i dont mind when anyone posts links from anyone about drone-related stuff.  it's a public forum and it's members should enjoy their freedom.
2023-2-5
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

I'm excited to see what the mini 3 Pro will be capable of with 3rd party apps.  Hopefully, it will add waypoints.

I think they should think about fixing the issues with the mini 3 pro,before an SDK for it.
2023-2-5
Use props
Mastoras
lvl.4
Flight distance : 558517 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-5 20:22
Hi, Henrik. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. However, DJI Mini 3/Mini 3 Pro does not currently offer SDK. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com). Thank you for your valued support.

I think we ALL know CURRENTLY, the mini 3 series doesn't support SDK. The topic is about SDK that is COMING to mini 3 series.
2023-2-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interesting news!
2023-2-5
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Denmark

Mobilehomer Posted at 2-5 18:22
And watching his expressions and fun delivery makes him one of my favorites!!!

Ha, that comment made my day :-)
2023-2-6
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Denmark

Thank you, TonyPHX

I don't mind people disagreeing with me or don't like my content that is just part of the game, but the fun part is the few that don't like it and react negatively; they help push my content with their comments :-)

2023-2-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well said TonyPHX.   
2023-2-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WA4OSH Posted at 2-5 15:45
"the DJI RC cannot install apps"   I bought my DJI Mini 3 Pro with the RC controller (instead of the RC-N1) because I wanted a dedicated display, not a rigged-up android cellphone and a USB to USB-C wire dangling all over everything.

I don't need TikTok, YouTube or games to run on my RC controller, just an Adobe Acrobat Reader so that I can display FAA Sectional Charts and a couple of approved Android applications such as Litchi, Dronedeploy, PixPro, etc.

I have no need to run apps on the DJI RC.   I have a phone in my pocket for that. And apps like Litchi tend to run terribly on the dedicated remotes,   Litchi on the Smart controller frequently hangs and with virtual sticks its not even that repeatable.
2023-2-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

heo3480 Posted at 2-5 20:54

2023-2-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Pastime Posted at 2-5 22:24
I think they should think about fixing the issues with the mini 3 pro,before an SDK for it.

Are you having lots of issues with the Mini 3 Pro?  
2023-2-6
Use props
WA4OSH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54367 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-6 00:41
I have no need to run apps on the DJI RC.   I have a phone in my pocket for that. And apps like Litchi tend to run terribly on the dedicated remotes,   Litchi on the Smart controller frequently hangs and with virtual sticks its not even that repeatable.

So please explain how you connect your phone to your RC controller to run Litchi or other apps.  Is it through a USB cable?
2023-2-6
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Henrik Olsen Posted at 2-6 00:29
Thank you, TonyPHX

I don't mind people disagreeing with me or don't like my content that is just part of the game, but the fun part is the few that don't like it and react negatively; they help push my content with their comments :-)

True enough Henrik.  : ). Good points.
2023-2-6
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-6 03:51
Are you having lots of issues with the Mini 3 Pro?

I do not own one for those very reasons.
Overheating ( the worst one as I take photos over water which involves hovering.)
Lens fogging
Some range and connection issues
And now I hear battery clips cracking and breaking.
2023-2-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Pastime Posted at 2-6 08:39
I do not own one for those very reasons.
Overheating ( the worst one as I take photos over water which involves hovering.)
Lens fogging

I live on a large boat so I fly over water all the time and haven't had any overheating or lens fogging issues.  I did have 2 extended batteries that had a clip crack on each battery.  Fortunately, DJI replaced both for me under warranty.  

I guess I'm one of the fortunate ones with my Mini 3 Pro.  

2023-2-6
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-6 14:20
I live on a large boat so I fly over water all the time and haven't had any overheating or lens fogging issues.  I did have 2 extended batteries that had a clip crack on each battery.  Fortunately, DJI replaced both for me under warranty.  

it's not just that we are fortunate, we are in the super majority.  anyone who would forgo the mini 3 pro based on the mentioned reasons is likely missing out.  there is absolutely nothing on that list that dji won't take care of with or without care refresh.
2023-2-6
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BodkinsBestPhotography Posted at 2-5 19:28
He's clearly posting links to his videos for the hits.  If you don't take issue with that you should probably go elope with him...

So you are both direct and rude.  How nice for you!  
2023-2-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WA4OSH Posted at 2-6 08:15
So please explain how you connect your phone to your RC controller to run Litchi or other apps.  Is it through a USB cable?

I have the smart controller that runs Litchi.
2023-2-7
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Pastime Posted at 2-6 08:39
I do not own one for those very reasons.
Overheating ( the worst one as I take photos over water which involves hovering.)
Lens fogging

If you hover, the fresh air produced by the props will keeps you drone cool. So no problem at all.
If you drone flys (drone are build for this), you never involve in overheating issue.
I never had lens fogging
Never have range/connection issues.
2023-2-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 2-6 16:46
it's not just that we are fortunate, we are in the super majority.  anyone who would forgo the mini 3 pro based on the mentioned reasons is likely missing out.  there is absolutely nothing on that list that dji won't take care of with or without care refresh.

Totally agree with you.  
2023-2-7
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Really?!!

I didn't realise that, I thought apps could be sideloaded on the DJI RC... If not that is a real shame. I really liked the look of that controller.
2023-2-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 2-7 03:30
Really?!!

I didn't realise that, I thought apps could be sideloaded on the DJI RC... If not that is a real shame. I really liked the look of that controller.

Nope.   The rc pro allows apps but the dji rc boots straight into the fly app.   No official way to load apps.
2023-2-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules