Tab S7 and Tab S8 with fly app question
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JCapps
lvl.2

United States

I know this has been covered in numerous post but some of the post are quite old. I would like to get an Android tablet to work with my Air 2S and the DJI app. I have a 2019 Tab A but it will not install the app plus it's only has 2 GB of memory. I know that there are some people that have used these 2 tablets but I have also read that some people have issues with them. I'm not sure if the problem is with the app version, tablet verison or something else. It seems like some have had it working properly only to have issues when updates are installed. I have not seen any recent post about compatability. The Phantom Help List doesn't apprear to be updated and hasn't been in a while from what I can tell. I do see where the Tab S5E has been used by quite a few people and is on the Phantom list while the Tab S7 and Tab S8 are excluded. I would perfer to get a newer Android tablet in the 10 to 11 inch range over the Tab S5E but I don't want to waste money by purchasing something that doesn't work with the fly app.  I know there are numerous iPad models that work nicely but like I said I would prefer Android as that is what I am most familiar with. Any thoughts or input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
2023-2-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, JCapps. Thank you for reaching out. DJI will publish the compatible devices that have passed official tests on the Compatibility List on its official website. However, due to the numerous mobile device models available that are subject to software and hardware updates, the DJI engineers are unable to test all devices.

In theory, a device that meets system requirements can be used even if it is not in the Compatibility List, but its stabilization has not been verified. We recommend that you download the app first and go the nearby outlet for testing. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-2-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have found this list to be most helpful when it comes to compatibility with Fly App and tablets.  It is updated regularly.
2023-2-6
Use props
JCapps
lvl.2

United States

Yes that's the list that I was talking about that is put out by Phantom that I spoke of in my original post. I know it states that its updated regularly but I have yet to see anything updated lately. There are numerous people using tablets with no issues that are not on that list so that was the reason for my post. I was hoping to get some input by someone using the tablets that I have been looking into purchasing.
2023-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules