Any idea when new firmware is coming
1582 14 2015-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
awmcconaghy
New

Canada

getting excited for POI and follow me, can't wait, my clients are going to love it.

anyone have any idea when they plan to release.

2015-8-18
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

i can understand you clients going to love orbit or poi, even though you can do all that manually right now, what i dont get is why they gonna love seeing the p3 follow 'you'.
there is a lot of people that are hell bent on these features which when done manually is more fun(for me anyways) minus follow me!! as if without these features the very capable p3 has no use what so ever.
now answer to your question: DJI had announced from the beginning that these features would be available within 6 months, the deadline is not up yet
2015-8-18
Use props
Two Snakes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 241457 ft
United States

Just wait till follow is introduced and watch the boom in "crashed" forum posts.  
2015-8-18
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Two Snakes Posted at 2015-8-19 08:26
Just wait till follow is introduced and watch the boom in "crashed" forum posts.

oh i can only imagine bud, and then blame DJI for bad firmware!!! i cant wait til i read the following:
" well i walked into the building and it crashed in to it, must be bad firmware, and they have to replace it or repair it now or i am going to sue them"
2015-8-18
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

We are producing videos so that will not happen.  But you know we have flight logs that can see exactly what happened.
2015-8-24
Use props
Sling Shot
lvl.3

United States

Two Snakes Posted at 2015-8-19 08:26

Absolutely!!
2015-8-25
Use props
msjh
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-8-25 12:01
We are producing videos so that will not happen.  But you know we have flight logs that can see exac ...

You haven't answered the question, Ed.

We want to know the day, hour and second that POI will be shipped and ideally it ought to happen automagically without us having to download anything and while you are about it make sure you have implemented the Telepathy function so it knows what is the POI we want circled, at what distance and what speed.

After all, we are The Customers.  
2015-8-25
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

yes i do know
2015-8-25
Use props
Trilithon
lvl.2

United States

Soon©                    
2015-8-25
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-19 08:02
i can understand you clients going to love orbit or poi, even though you can do all that manually ri ...

I'm in your corner Ray. I would think the challenge of figuring out (acquiring the necessary skills) how to do it on your own would be far more rewarding.

My Chroma has both follow-me and tracking - have yet to understand the difference between the two. I would be in trouble with either my Chroma or my Phantom.  My other main hobby is cycling. Getting my Phantom (or any quad, for that matter) to follow me on my bicycle would be quite challenging. Many of the places I ride have trees crossing over the road/street. The first time I lost contact between the bird and my back-pack (containing the transmitter, of course) the thing would land somewhere while I ride blissfully away on my bicycle!
2015-8-25
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-8-26 04:15
I'm in your corner Ray. I would think the challenge of figuring out (acquiring the necessary skill ...

to follow you on your bike, you would need to strap the RC with the GPS enabled device to your head so the p3 can follow you!!! oh my that  would be a funny site!!
a lot of people who keep asking for follow me, dont seem to understand how it actually works, maybe by telepathic powers and no rc or device needed? hmmm
and when they finally figure it out they will wonder why they made such big deal in the first place, threatening with class action law suits, committing Hara Kiri or Sepku(depending on gender).
2015-8-25
Use props
AerialLens
lvl.3

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-26 04:35
to follow you on your bike, you would need to strap the RC with the GPS enabled device to your hea ...

True, and WELL SAID, Ray! I would not want that feature so much even if there was a tiny device to carry - definitely not into "selfies" of any kind. This last generation is so into themselves...me, me, me - aren't I cool? aren't I pretty? Ha - KIDDING (Don't give me any static, please)!  Yes, yes, following boats and cars might be neat.

BY THE WAY, I almost did not read this thread, since this subject has been originated here in the DJI P3 forum at least 4 gazillion times... so far.  Seriously, It might be cool to search around just a teenie tiny bit regarding something before adding a new thread asking exactly what countless other threads ask. But hey, the forum doesn't belong to me, so I will stop complaining now. I apologize.
2015-8-25
Use props
knarfboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

This Lady knows....

2015-8-25
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

thats me please take my picture off
2015-8-25
Use props
Joe Blow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 417149 ft

Colombia

I think some are missing the point.  Follow Me, Follow You, Follow Ray, Point of Interest, Waypoints, IOC are selling points just like VPS.  Show me the money!  I can only imagine what's on the horizon for the DJI 4,5,6, and I'm sure it will impress most of us.
2015-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules