Repair Shipping Question - Please Advise
584 7 2023-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BigDaddyMac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24259 ft

United States

Hello, I crashed my Mini 2 today and it sustained damage to the gimbal bracket (I think).  There was a Gimbal Stuck (code 40002) error following the crash. The support bracket appears to be bent.

I successfully completed the Repair Application on DJI's website and have been advised to securely pack the drone (with gimbal cover), my RC unit and a battery.  

My question is, is it really necessary to send my RC unit and a battery?  I would prefer not to send the RC and battery if it is not necessary, but since this is the first time I have had to go through thsis process, I'm looking for advice on this.  

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide.

2023-2-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, sorry to read about the accident. Regarding your question, please note that if there is no issue with the battery and controller, you don't need to send them back. Hope this is informative for you. Please feel free to let me know if you have any further inquiries.
2023-2-5
Use props
BigDaddyMac
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2-5 18:57
Hi there, sorry to read about the accident. Regarding your question, please note that if there is no issue with the battery and controller, you don't need to send them back. Hope this is informative for you. Please feel free to let me know if you have any further inquiries.

Very helpful!  Thank you for your help!
2023-2-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

BigDaddyMac Posted at 2-6 04:17
Very helpful!  Thank you for your help!

Thank you for your feedback. Also, you may check the progress of your case via our official website. Hope this also helps. Feel free to reach out at any time for any DJI-related inquiries. We'll try our best to help.
2023-2-6
Use props
BigDaddyMac
lvl.1

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2-6 07:53
Thank you for your feedback. Also, you may check the progress of your case via our official website. Hope this also helps. Feel free to reach out at any time for any DJI-related inquiries. We'll try our best to help.

Hello DJI Diana - I mailed my drone to DJI on 2/6/23, using a UPS mailing label provided to me by DJI.  I received confirmation from UPS on 2/13/23 that my package had been delivered/received by DJI.  AS of today (48 hours later), DJI's "Repair Progress" system indicates that my drone is still "Not Received".

Should I be worried at this point, or is it typical for there to be a delay in DJI's acknowledgement of receipt of items shipped to them?  

Thank you in advance for your guidance on this question!
2023-2-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

BigDaddyMac Posted at 2-15 05:32
Hello DJI Diana - I mailed my drone to DJI on 2/6/23, using a UPS mailing label provided to me by DJI.  I received confirmation from UPS on 2/13/23 that my package had been delivered/received by DJI.  AS of today (48 hours later), DJI's "Repair Progress" system indicates that my drone is still "Not Received".

Should I be worried at this point, or is it typical for there to be a delay in DJI's acknowledgement of receipt of items shipped to them?  

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused. We will confirm this with the corresponding team. if there is any update, you will receive an email update. Hope you can wait for the update patiently.
2023-2-15
Use props
BigDaddyMac
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-15 07:02
Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused. We will confirm this with the corresponding team. if there is any update, you will receive an email update. Hope you can wait for the update patiently.

Thank you!  I received confirmation that it has been received and that the damage assessment is being conducted.
2023-2-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

BigDaddyMac Posted at 2-15 13:59
Thank you!  I received confirmation that it has been received and that the damage assessment is being conducted.

You're welcome. If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us.
2023-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules