updating firmware on quadcopter but not transmitter
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pjames
New

United States

I just received my P3P.  I updated the firmware on the unit.  It was a success.  I am attempting to update the firmware on the transmitter.  I tried two ways.  I tried using a USB card with the firmware on it.  And I tried to connect the transmitter to the updated quadcopter.  I am not getting any movement on the transmitter.  No updating.  Any help?
2015-8-18
Use props
Pjames
New

United States

Nevermind.  I read another thread and figured it out.  If anyone else has this issue, attach your mobile device to the transmitter, open DJI GO, and go to the camera mode.  from there it will give you a warning about needing firmware update.  From there it is pretty simple and the app will walk you through it.  
2015-8-18
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

Pjames Posted at 2015-8-19 11:43
Nevermind.  I read another thread and figured it out.  If anyone else has this issue, attach your mo ...

see reading manuals and fw pdf file that is included in the fw download does help or would have .
anyways im glad you got it good luck
2015-8-18
Use props
geoffreywolter
lvl.1
United States

Pjames Posted at 2015-8-19 11:43
Nevermind.  I read another thread and figured it out.  If anyone else has this issue, attach your mo ...

I believe that you have the 2nd version of the P3 transmitter possibly... When I initially updated my P3 FW I figured that since I already had the FW file on an microSD card after updating the quad I'd just toss it into my usb card reader to update the transmitter as well, no need to deal with connecting my tablet or phone and downloading it twice. But it did absolutely nothing, ultimately I had to update through the app just like you, and then I read somewhere (sorry I have no link) that there was a revision of the transmitter that could only be updated through the app unlike previous versions. Since the literature included with my P3 didn't mention this anywhere I thought it might be relevant for you.
2015-8-18
Use props
dandmpetro
lvl.2

United States

My Inspire Updated fine but my RC is not.  I go to Camera View Overall status.  It says Update required.  I select that and it says This RC will not accept firmware through App.  I tried to Put it on USB drive and nothing at all happens.  Ive updated it twice before.  Any Ideas
2015-8-22
Use props
mech
lvl.2

United States

dandmpetro@gmav Posted at 2015-8-23 07:14
My Inspire Updated fine but my RC is not.  I go to Camera View Overall status.  It says Update requi ...

I had the same issues with my P3P (got this error with the app and wouldn't update with a SD adapter connected to the RC). I had to put the SD card in the P3P and connect the P3P (the connector just above the camera) and the remote with a cable. The remote then updated.
2015-8-22
Use props
dandmpetro
lvl.2

United States

The Inspire is up to date and I tried the Cable to the inspire but I still get nothing.  My second remote has never worked and Im thinking its because the USB connection is trashed.  I can control the camera with it but I can't see the Inspire.  So Im thinking I may have the same issue here.  
2015-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules