crabbing
2625 12 2014-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UAVServices
lvl.2
Flight distance : 756178 ft
Canada

Hi DJI, is there any chance you will correct the "crabbing" issues which all of your current flight controlers possess?

By "crabbing" I mean the copter is meant to follow a line from point A to point B. Instead of facing directly at point B the copter flies at anywhere from Zero to 20 degrees to the left or to the right.

When performing a survey pattern the copter can face perfectly on one strip, then on the next crab 20 deg right than back to zero on the next.

Problems with this are

1) you do not get proper overlap of the photos
2) when the copter is facing left by 15 degrees say but then has to make a right hand turn it makes a VERY wide turn because it is facing the wrong way to do it.

Really this is my only beef with these controllers and if you fixed it this would make many people very happy!!!!

Any comments welcome even if it is an official "no we are not fixing it"

Please don't comment that this is not an issue or it is my setup or that I should rotate my compass. This is a proven problem.

Steve
2014-12-5
Use props
aap
New

Canada

does anyone from DJI visit these forums? it's a pretty simple question guys
2014-12-8
Use props
UAVServices
lvl.2
Canada

Ok so I guess it's a NO.

Come one DJI it's a simple questions/
2014-12-14
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

China

Sorry for the delay but I've reported your suggestion already!
Let's wait for a feedback together and hope the problem could be solved!
2014-12-17
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

China

Which flight controlers possess you know have this issue?
And what about the version of firmware?
Does the same thing happen when you fly a straight line without GroundStation?
2014-12-17
Use props
darko.car
lvl.1
Croatia

I have the same issue. Didn't hurt me that much but I've always taught that the wind is responsable for this. If we have constant side wind it's blowing the copter away from it's route and since it's trying to compensate it rotates a bit around it's vertical axis.
2014-12-18
Use props
snurre
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17392 ft
Sweden

darko.car Posted at 2014-12-18 20:18
I have the same issue. Didn't hurt me that much but I've always taught that the wind is responsable  ...

Though, a multi rotor copter can just as well (better) bank (lean) into the wind to compensate for side wind drift. No need to yaw. This becomes even more important if using a camera in "FPV-mode" (look straight ahead).
2014-12-19
Use props
derek
New

United Kingdom

I am trying to get the same shot but cant find the setting in the new ground station feature to change the heading. Doe anyone know if this is a planned software update?
2014-12-24
Use props
UAVServices
lvl.2
Canada

I have this issue with my WKM and upgraded IMU, I have also read this is an issue with A2

2016-4-29
Use props
UAVServices
lvl.2
Canada

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2014-12-18 13:33
Which flight controlers possess you know have this issue?
And what about the version of firmware?
Do ...

Hi there, it was with the WKM controller, we have since upgraded most machines to A3 but awaiting support for a ground control station.

2016-8-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

UAVServices Posted at 2016-9-1 08:48
Hi there, it was with the WKM controller, we have since upgraded most machines to A3 but awaiting  ...

Good to hear you were able to find the cause. For the new Ground Station, had you already looked into being a part of the BETA?
2016-9-2
Use props
UAVServices
lvl.2
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-2 23:52
Good to hear you were able to find the cause. For the new Ground Station, had you already looked in ...

Hi there we did not find the cause. We just don't use WKM anymore.

I have applied to the beta GCS three times with no response.

Steve
2016-9-2
Use props
Aeropixel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 117172 ft
India

for S900 + A2 - This problem can be decreased with increasing Basic YAW gain value from  120 to 130 or even 140.  This helped me , Also, Hold the Vehicle for 2 Sec at the start of the flight line, this will stabilize the Yaw to 360 and then it can start the forward motion.
2016-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules