2485 17 2023-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chainmon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3268566 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got a Not logged in" error this morning as I was taking off.
It has happened once before a few months back. Why does this happen?

FYI
I did not remember how to fix this so I landed and packed my gear up and went home. Looked up the info and fixed it while in the warm surrounding of my home. I wasn't about to try and stumble bum at my launch site in the dark to figure it out but was real frustrated.

2023-2-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad you got it fixed.  I had this happen once before so as a precaution I added it to my pre-flight checklist which I do while at home before I head out to a site to fly.  
2023-2-8
Use props
chainmon
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-8 11:48
Glad you got it fixed.  I had this happen once before so as a precaution I added it to my pre-flight checklist which I do while at home before I head out to a site to fly.

I would love to know WHY it is happening and hop DJI will pipe in here.
2023-2-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, chainmon. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience caused. Please note that the DJI Fly app will automatically log the account out every three months, and a re-login is required. But if this occurs more frequently, please let us know. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day.
2023-2-8
Use props
chainmon
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-8 20:51
Hi, chainmon. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience caused. Please note that the DJI Fly app will automatically log the account out every three months, and a re-login is required. But if this occurs more frequently, please let us know. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day.

Thank you....

And this makes no sense!!!! Why are you locking us out every 3 months?  Why micro manage us like that?
2023-2-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

chainmon Posted at 2-9 05:36
Thank you....

And this makes no sense!!!! Why are you locking us out every 3 months?  Why micro manage us like that?

We understand. If the aircraft is powered on without logging in with a DJI account in the DJI Fly app, or if the aircraft is powered on with logging in with a DJI account in the DJI Fly app, but the account fails to be written in, it will require to log in the account. This is for security purposes. We're sorry for the inconvenience. We suggest you check the account status before each flight.
2023-2-9
Use props
djiuser_BlQhk591uU7b
lvl.1

France

Hi Tony,

I had the same issue with the Smart Controller; in the middle of a desert, in Africa, with no network at all, when I was suppose to shoot drone footage for a professional gig!! It was one of the most annoying and embarrassing expercience I had. Very frustrating. I updated every software and firmware possible before leaving to make sure I'll be good for shooting. So I logged In a month before the issue. How can this happen?

Also, let say, I leave for a remote place for more than 3 month to shoot a docummentary, what do I do?
2023-3-22
Use props
djiuser_BlQhk591uU7b
lvl.1

France

Hi Tony,

I had the same issue with the Smart Controller; in the middle of a desert, in Africa, with no network at all, when I was suppose to shoot drone footage for a professional gig!! It was one of the most annoying and embarrassing expercience I had. Very frustrating. I updated every software and firmware possible before leaving to make sure I'll be good for shooting. So I logged In a month before the issue. How can this happen?

Also, let say, I leave for a remote place for more than 3 month to shoot a docummentary, what do I do?
2023-3-22
Use props
djiuser_BlQhk591uU7b
lvl.1

France

Hi Tony,

2023-3-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_BlQhk591uU7b Posted at 3-22 04:04
Hi Tony,

I had the same issue with the Smart Controller; in the middle of a desert, in Africa, with no network at all, when I was suppose to shoot drone footage for a professional gig!! It was one of the most annoying and embarrassing expercience I had. Very frustrating. I updated every software and firmware possible before leaving to make sure I'll be good for shooting. So I logged In a month before the issue. How can this happen?

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry to hear that. Typically, the account will be logged out after three months and a re-login is required. When you said you logged in a month before, did you mean that a month before you were logged out by the system automatically, then you had to log in again? Or, it's just that you weren't logged in a month ago, so you had to manually log in again? And if you are in a remote place, we're sorry but you will need internet connection to relog-in in case you'll be logged out.
2023-3-24
Use props
djiuser_tshL5lVffZq2
lvl.1

Spain

This has happened to me a number of times and I fail to see why DJI has to MAKE one log-in every three months.  In my case less than that. I certainly will not be buying any products from DJI in the future and if I can see my way in selling this one that's where it's going.  There is no doubt that their products are just fine but others are too.
2023-6-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_tshL5lVffZq2 Posted at 6-23 05:43
This has happened to me a number of times and I fail to see why DJI has to MAKE one log-in every three months.  In my case less than that. I certainly will not be buying any products from DJI in the future and if I can see my way in selling this one that's where it's going.  There is no doubt that their products are just fine but others are too.

Hi djiuser_tshL5lVffZq2. We're sorry for the inconvenience. But for flight safety, the current logic goes something like this. In this case, it is recommended to record the login time to see if it is convenient to connect the network to log in DJI Account again. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-6-23
Use props
djiuser_5F5jQIwFXRXY
New

United Kingdom

So how do I log back into my account ?
2023-12-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_5F5jQIwFXRXY Posted at 12-12 12:43
So how do I log back into my account ?

Hi. On the DJI Fly app, you can tap "Profile" at the bottom left-hand side of the screen. There you will see the "Login" option. Are you experiencing any issues logging in?
2023-12-12
Use props
Fair Trading
New

Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 2-9 23:54
We understand. If the aircraft is powered on without logging in with a DJI account in the DJI Fly app, or if the aircraft is powered on with logging in with a DJI account in the DJI Fly app, but the account fails to be written in, it will require to log in the account. This is for security purposes. We're sorry for the inconvenience. We suggest you check the account status before each flight.

Under Australian Consumer Law, it could be argued the drone malfunctioned and therefore a fault of the product. You are entitled to a refund. Contact your State  Dept of Fair Trading for more advice.
2023-12-19
Use props
IanscotW
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-12-12 21:40
Hi. On the DJI Fly app, you can tap "Profile" at the bottom left-hand side of the screen. There you will see the "Login" option. Are you experiencing any issues logging in?

I personally have problems with that.

I do log in from the profile page, and it shows me my account information on my DJI RC remote -- but at the moment, the application still gives me a "Not logged in" message between the authorization dialog's buttons whenever I try to take off in my local (blue) authorization zone.

The degree to which DJI's basic interface for things like logging in is undercutting your company's reputation with me, I could hardly overstate. It's a spectacular "fail." I literally am not showing people who are enthusiastic to see my new little Mini 3 Pro, because I don't want to have to fight through the process of starting it up in front of them. It's embarrassing to me. That's a serious failure of User Interface. Which way will it fail today? That's what I'm thinking, every time I try to take off. I've asked for my authorizations on the remote, or on the web site from my desktop. I've tried various network settings, and airplane mode (which someone recommended)... Nothing consistently works. The only consistent thing is new, arbitrary obstacles, every time I try to use this product that I *should* be enjoying.

I work in educational software. Students expend huge effort on logging into software, and companies like mine work on how to smooth that out. The process I fight through to get airborne with a DJI drone? Would, in all seriousness, not "fly" in a grade school.
2-13 16:14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

IanscotW Posted at 2-13 16:14
I personally have problems with that.

I do log in from the profile page, and it shows me my account information on my DJI RC remote -- but at the moment, the application still gives me a "Not logged in" message between the authorization dialog's buttons whenever I try to take off in my local (blue) authorization zone.

Sorry about the trouble. Please try logging out and logging back in. Also, ensure you have a good internet connection. Rest assured your feedback will reach the corresponding team to handle. We appreciate your patience.
2-14 00:15
Use props
IanscotW
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-14 00:15
Sorry about the trouble. Please try logging out and logging back in. Also, ensure you have a good internet connection. Rest assured your feedback will reach the corresponding team to handle. We appreciate your patience.

Hi Tony,

I appreciate your measured response to my rather indignant addition to this thread. That's sincere.

Of course I've done what you mention: I've logged out, and back in, one both my remote (with the drone waiting) and the DJI site for good measure. And of course I've tried to be on a solid internet connection, both using my home's Wifi and my phone's hot spot.

I've also tried both the authorization modal from the remote to click through the blue-zone's authorization, and the Web site's interface for getting the authorization in advance.

It's unlike me to be pointed about something like this, but man... It sure feels like every time I try to take off there are new hurdles, slightly differently-phrased. I mean, yesterday I had already asked for the auth on the Web site, and when I went to the remote it still showed the red bar blocking takeoff. Yes, I had found the (hidden, seemingly) spot for taking that authorization onto the drone, too. No dice. Then, when I tried to use the authorization modal on the remote, that modal? Had only two checkboxes -- it's always made me click through three before, so one more thing changing under my feet -- and then I got the (new to me) "Not logged in" message appearing between the buttons at the bottom of the modal... Every indication was that I was, indeed, logged in and on a solid connection. But I tried logging out and back in, to no avail.
I don't even know what the basic problem was, this time. (The error messages do not seem particularly well-tied to the conditions that actually cause them, to me, given a little experience with UX design.)

I hope your development team takes these customer experiences seriously. They're enough to raise the blood pressure of a pretty characteristically reasonable customer.
2-14 10:27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules