DJI Mini SE - Remote ID?
4554 5 2023-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arcticu
lvl.1
Canada

Hello,

I'm planning a trip to Japan for late march into April wondering what's the status of Remote ID for the Mini SE? Do I need to get an external gadget for it, or does it have something already compliant with Japanese regulations? It's an insane hassle to fly a drone there so I want to see if it's at least feasable to do it on my end. I know I would have insane amounts of regret not doing it, aware Japan allegedly noted safety reasons.

https://www.mlit.go.jp/koku/drone/assets/pdf/mlit_HB_web_en_2022.pdf

This is all a mess. I've even checked around east of Yokosuka, around Kamakura; Area around Kawaguchiko is all perfect for flying. I wouldn't dare around Kure, Osaka, nor Kyoto. Sapporo, if you go in the rural areas you potentially could. Even the mountains.

Even so, this whole Remote ID is a headache.

Too long, Didn't read:
Does DJI Mini SE come with Remote ID signal or no? Do I need an external gadget?
2023-2-13
Use props
JB WALL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1128944 ft
United States

No it does not from the factory.
2023-2-13
Use props
Arcticu
lvl.1
Canada

JB WALL Posted at 2-13 18:19
No it does not from the factory.

Thanks.

I think I'll give up while now considering a 360 camera, or something to cover the void of a drone. I need some form of compensation for my upcoming trip (to Japan). As others had noted (in videos, and etc relating to Remote ID restrictions) I can see this being a deterrent, genuinely no wonder people self-delete themselves over there far too often.

"no fun allowed".
2023-2-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Arcticu. Thank you for reaching out. We know how inconvenient RIDs are but please note that we are just complying with the law and regulations of each country. As for the Mini SE Japanese RID, please check the following information:

1) Mini SE does not support the built-in REMOTE ID, as for the specific update time, we do not receive the related information, but we will help you with feedback, please stay tuned to DJI's official website update notes. You are suggested to purchase the external RID device. For example, you can purchase Aero-D-X1.

After purchasing the external RID device, you can contact the local reseller and check which APP you need to download so that you can use the RID device.

2) Please register after getting the RID device. Drone registration in JP is on this link: (https://www.ossportal.dips.mlit.go.jp/portal/top/).

If you have further questions, please contact our Japan email team (support.jp@dji.com). Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-2-14
Use props
Arcticu
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-14 00:41
Hi, Arcticu. Thank you for reaching out. We know how inconvenient RIDs are but please note that we are just complying with the law and regulations of each country. As for the Mini SE Japanese RID, please check the following information:

1) Mini SE does not support the built-in REMOTE ID, as for the specific update time, we do not receive the related information, but we will help you with feedback, please stay tuned to DJI's official website update notes. You are suggested to purchase the external RID device. For example, you can purchase Aero-D-X1.

Thank you for the assistance. I wasn't lashing out at DJI, more towards Japan itself. Too many rules and regulations to consider that it's fairly easy to get arrested, even in ignorance. I'm sorry if I'm hot headed.

1) Noted.  So, I have to resort to an external device. I was looking into other sorts, though Aero was noted. One was also from Japan, another from Germany having lost the German linked one, yet the Japan one was about the same size.

2) After I buy it I can then register it after that. Nice. Cool. Registering and obtaining the device is the good part, it's the part that comes after that has me venting.

-------

For the whole flying part, for when I desire to fly, do I have to always go to the police box to fly later, or can I just fly my Mini SE right after I get my RID registered, confirmed, etc?  Some pages I read have semi-conflicting information so I'm curious if you're in a more rural area if you can fly openly? From the sounds of it the information provided you have to register then you can only fly in rural areas freely, or at least going to a police Koban to note where and how you're flying. This part confuses me the most, even though it shouldn't.

Then there is also this part.
Although a license is not required, you must apply in Japanese to the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport, and Tourism for at least ten days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays) before flying a drone.

Also, for clarity, would I be allowed to fly in Kamakura's mountains that are viewed as white?

http://maps.gsi.go.jp/#15/35.310082/139.532418/&base=std&ls=std%7Cdid2010%7Ckokuarea&blend=0&disp=111&lcd=kokuarea&vs=c1g1j0h0k0l0u0t0z0r0s0m0f0&d=m

I'm aware people can fly around Mount Fuji around Oishi Park of Kawaguchiko station. I'm also seeing I could follow a bike path out in Hokkaido (from Sapporo) to some rural areas I could fly from. I'm also seeing parts to the east of Yokosuka, that fine also?
Are mountain areas a part of a free fly zone? Both for Kamakura and Sapporo's southern part (Mount Moiwa).  

I'll register my drone. If I need to e-mail I can copy-and-paste this to that email provided.

2023-2-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Arcticu Posted at 2-14 20:42
Thank you for the assistance. I wasn't lashing out at DJI, more towards Japan itself. Too many rules and regulations to consider that it's fairly easy to get arrested, even in ignorance. I'm sorry if I'm hot headed.

1) Noted.  So, I have to resort to an external device. I was looking into other sorts, though Aero was noted. One was also from Japan, another from Germany having lost the German linked one, yet the Japan one was about the same size.

Hi, Arcticu. You're welcome and no worries about that. For other questions, please contact our Japan email team using the email address provided above as they are the ones who will be able to provide you with precise answers to those questions. Feel free to copy and paste your reply above to them. Thank you for your kind understanding. Safe travels!
2023-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules