Waypoints - once more
3150 24 2023-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

PLEASE!!! DJI can you implement waypoints on the Air 2S? The function is already there, just unlock it like you did for the Mavic 3!!!! PLEASE!!!!!
2023-2-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Mobilehomer. Thank you for reaching out. We know how convenient it is to have the Waypoint feature in DJI Air 2S. I will take is as a suggestion of yours and will forward your concern to our related department.  Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-2-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 for waypoints on all the current drones.  
2023-2-14
Use props
LoveYou
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

I agree with DAFlys.
2023-2-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

+1 for waypoint on Air 2Ss. Not sure why DJI hasn't already implemented this shortly after they did on the  Mavic 3.  
2023-2-14
Use props
Mastoras
lvl.4
Flight distance : 558517 ft
  • >>>
United States

Waypoints +1000 on all DJI drones.... especially mini 3 pro and air 2s at least
2023-2-14
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23370489 ft
United States

Not trying to be a dick here... but if you wanted waypoints, why didn't you buy a drone that has waypoints?
2023-2-14
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

blue_canyon21 Posted at 2-14 06:53
Not trying to be a dick here... but if you wanted waypoints, why didn't you buy a drone that has waypoints?

he did.  the air2s has waypoints; it's already there.  only dji is blocking it trying to force him to upgrade to the m3.  /s
2023-2-14
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23370489 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 2-14 08:02
he did.  the air2s has waypoints; it's already there.  only dji is blocking it trying to force him to upgrade to the m3.  /s

If it's not shipped with it enabled and doesn't advertise it, it doesn't have it.
2023-2-14
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

blue_canyon21 Posted at 2-14 08:08
If it's not shipped with it enabled and doesn't advertise it, it doesn't have it.

To answer your first question, I wanted the 2S and NONE of the current models had full waypoints when I bought mine!!! And 2, the 2S DOES have waypoints for Hyperlapse, so the capability IS there, it just needs to be unlocked!!!
2023-2-14
Use props
LeBang
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1042448 ft
Vietnam

The Saint Posted at 2-14 08:02
he did.  the air2s has waypoints; it's already there.  only dji is blocking it trying to force him to upgrade to the m3.  /s

Have you a proof of this?
2023-2-14
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

LeBang Posted at 2-14 11:06

Yes. Look at Hyperlapse. It has waypoints. I used it earlier today. Maybe you need to RTFM!
2023-2-14
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

LeBang Posted at 2-14 11:06

nope i don't have proof.

btw, the /s switch at the end of my post means /sarcasm.
2023-2-14
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Mavic Air 2S has SDK wich means you can use Dronelink, Litchi, or other third-party software that is much better than any DJI Waypoint software.
2023-2-15
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 2-15 12:03
The Mavic Air 2S has SDK wich means you can use Dronelink, Litchi, or other third-party software that is much better than any DJI Waypoint software.

No they are not. Built in waypoints are autonomous, where third party are virtual. BIG difference.
2023-2-15
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 2-15 12:46
No they are not. Built in waypoints are autonomous, where third party are virtual. BIG difference.

I never say anything about the onboard missions. In the end is the same result, virtual stick by SDK than onboard missions by the drone. At the end is the same instruction, one preloaded to the drone and the other one given by the virtual stick. Coordinates are coordinates and instructions are instructions.

Of course, I prefer onboard missions like the Mavic 3 now capable only with the DJI waypoint software, or the Mavic 2 Pro with SDK, but for his purpose is the same.
The Mavic 2 Pro using onboard missions given by the SDK using Dronelink or Drone deploy will be much more powerful than DJI pilot 1 or any DJI software. I haven't had the opportunity to work with the new hub on the enterprise products yet, I am sure they are powerful but we are talking of consumer drones like Mavic 3 even when DJI is charging premium prices like the enterprise product price not giving SDK (because are consumer drone) but making SDK for cheapest drone (consumer drone) at lower prices. I really do not understand their strategy.
2023-2-15
Use props
PixelPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

its like 2000 dollars more......
2023-2-15
Use props
PixelPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-14 01:52
+1 for waypoints on all the current drones.

I agree
2023-2-15
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

This was an obvious thing. DJI makes the waypoint for the Mavic Mini, Mini 2, DJI All DJI airs All of those consumer drones and even the Mini 3 will have it, What will make me think they will do not a doit for the Mavic 3 Cine, a $5000 drone or my Mavic 3 FMC, $4000 drone???

It just does not make sense. The excuse that they are not making it for consumer drones anymore is going to the toilet since they announce the SDK for the Mini 3 !!!!
2023-2-15
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 2-15 12:55
I never say anything about the onboard missions. In the end is the same result, virtual stick by SDK than onboard missions by the drone. At the end is the same instruction, one preloaded to the drone and the other one given by the virtual stick. Coordinates are coordinates and instructions are instructions.

Of course, I prefer onboard missions like the Mavic 3 now capable only with the DJI waypoint software, or the Mavic 2 Pro with SDK, but for his purpose is the same.

Unless you lose connection. Admit it, onboard waypoints are MUCH better and easier to set up.
2023-2-15
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 2-15 13:35
Unless you lose connection. Admit it, onboard waypoints are MUCH better and easier to set up.

Ofcorse is much better and convinience. You can setup onboard missions with Litchi or Dronelink. But only few drones support that. Mavic 2 Pro, Phantoms, Original Air. Most if not all DJI 4 app drones support that. Now the Mavic 3 does but with the DJI missions. Not talking about enterprise because is another story.
2023-2-15
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

i believe some people here believe there is some sort of partnership going on between dji and 3rd party sw suppliers which would contribute to the confusion.
2023-2-15
Use props
alphabit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 188688 ft
  • >>>
United States

The post was simply a request to upgrade the Air2s to include onboard waypoint capability, since it has been done for other consumer level drones.  Are you suggesting that DJI should not make the upgrade that many users are asking for?  If that is the case, then you are being a dick.
2023-2-18
Use props
fansf0322c5e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122671 ft
United States

At this point it just a big middle finger to owners of any of the recent models (air 2s, mini 3 pro, etc) to not just provide the firmware update to allow waypoint missions to be created. If I can program it into the hyperlapse, why wouldn't I want the same for video or photo missions? The Air 3 now has it, and it's basically the same price point as the Air 2S was. I CAN get missions created using external software, but why should I have to? The SDK requires those to use virtual stick commands, rather than onboard program. Literally every mission I run (video) has jumps at every waypoint where the program is trying to catch up with the micro steps that were missed due to lag in the controller. the more time between waypoints, the greater the jump tends to be. With the amount I have spent with DJI, I really hate to keep buying the latest and greatest if they have shown they won't keep up with existing hardware/firmware. The old game of upgrade every time a new model comes out gets pretty old-fast. If the hardware is capable, then just enable the feature already.
2023-8-1
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 980066 ft
Italy

At this point the situation is quite clear: if you want the waypoints or the C1 certification, just buy the Air 3. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt.
2023-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules