1231 3 2023-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fpvskip
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52772 ft
United States

Hi,
I was reading a lot about the Avata camera settings in the net, but still need some help . . .
When I set it to 4K50 I am supposed to use double the speed for the shutter, right. That would be 100 for the shutter speed.
But that gives an absolutely super bright video. All is almost white . . .
Living in FL we have almost always sunny days, so please let me know a solid setup for the Avata camera.
I have also been looking for the White Balance, which is set to Auto. Ich changed it manually to some different numbers, but that does not make any difference.
PLEASE HELP !!!
2023-2-17
Use props
2wheeledphotog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3432372 ft
United States

The way you make things darker is to use a neutral density filter, since you can't adjust the aperture (like you would on a traditional camera). And white balance doesn't affect exposure, it just corrects the color based on the temperature of the ambient light. Honestly, for the Avata, I wouldn't worry too much about the shutter speed "rule." If you were doing like professional cinema work, sure, but otherwise it's just not a huge deal. But like I said, if you get a set of ND filters, those will "darken" the image so you can get the exposure you want at the appropriate shutter speed.
2023-2-17
Use props
Fpvskip
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52772 ft
United States

Thanks for the input.
I just want to create the best video given the limitations of the Avata.
I just got a set of Freewell filters today.
What would you say is a good setup for a Filter # 4 or 16 ?
2023-2-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please send us sample footage also the settings that you are using so we can check? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules