New rc pro wont conect via wi-fi
1505 8 2023-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd2c537ee
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7 ft
United Kingdom

Hi just took my new rc pro controller out of the box and fails to connect so wont activate .If i plug  it into my pc then it is found by dji Assistant and i put in the serial number for activation but still no joy  any ideas before i send it back .

2023-2-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had that happen to me but it turns out it was the fault of my ISP.  I made sure I had wifi turned on on the RC Pro and it connected to my ISP wifi okay but failed to register. So I turned on my mobile device hotspot and connected it to the RC Pro via wifi and the activation went through without an issue.  Hope you get the issue resolve because the RC Pro is a great RC controller.
2023-2-18
Use props
fansd2c537ee
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks but i cant get that far as  it wont connect to my wi-fi , i can turn on my hotspot on my phone and it shows up on the rc probut i dont know what the password is for the hotspot .I tried the same password as my router but no joy , cant fathom out why when i plug it into my pc dji assistant finds it right away , i even put in the serial numer to activate it but no joy.
In other words i cant get it to do anyting as it wont even go to the home screen , i might try my daughters wi-fi and see if it will work .Tried another router still not working .
Update   I tried changing the password to a small one for the hotspot on my phone and yipee it worked and i got the activation to work .Ill just use my pc for updates .I might change the password on my router to a small one and see if it works  but for now ill just use my phones hotspot.

2023-2-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, fansd2c537ee. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. What GHz were you using? If it is 5 GHz, please try connecting to a 2.4 GHz network and see if that will work. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-2-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fansd2c537ee Posted at 2-18 09:44
Thanks but i cant get that far as  it wont connect to my wi-fi , i can turn on my hotspot on my phone and it shows up on the rc probut i dont know what the password is for the hotspot .I tried the same password as my router but no joy , cant fathom out why when i plug it into my pc dji assistant finds it right away , i even put in the serial numer to activate it but no joy.
In other words i cant get it to do anyting as it wont even go to the home screen , i might try my daughters wi-fi and see if it will work .Tried another router still not working .
Update   I tried changing the password to a small one for the hotspot on my phone and yipee it worked and i got the activation to work .Ill just use my pc for updates .I might change the password on my router to a small one and see if it works  but for now ill just use my phones hotspot.

Hi, fansd2c537ee. Great to read that it's working now. If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Have a good one.
2023-2-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansd2c537ee Posted at 2-18 09:44
Thanks but i cant get that far as  it wont connect to my wi-fi , i can turn on my hotspot on my phone and it shows up on the rc probut i dont know what the password is for the hotspot .I tried the same password as my router but no joy , cant fathom out why when i plug it into my pc dji assistant finds it right away , i even put in the serial numer to activate it but no joy.
Update   I tried changing the password to a small one for the hotspot on my phone and yipee it worked and i got the activation to work .Ill just use my pc for updates .I might change the password on my router to a small one and see if it works  but for now ill just use my phones hotspot.

That's great news.  Glad you resolved the issue.  Happy flying.  
2023-2-19
Use props
RachelGomez
lvl.1

India

Most of the times, it might be a temporary loading issue. You just need to press the recent applications menu (usually the first left button) in your phone. Then you close the app that has this issue. Now open the app again. It may work normally. Try Hard reboot in your Android mobile. Press and hold down the "Home" and "Power" buttons at the same time for upto 10 seconds. Then, release the buttons and hold down "Power" button until the screen turns on.Now you can try opening the app, it may work fine. If none of the above working, you can wait till your phone battery drains and it turns off automatically. After that put it to charge, and press the power button. It may work after this. Finally, if you can't fix it with anything, you may need to uninstall the app and re-install it. Android usually restores all settings after you re-install and log into the app. You can see if that fixes it. Even in some rare cases, the re-install step also don't work. If that is your case, try installing older versions of the app. Good luck!
Regards,
Rachel Gomez
2023-3-9
Use props
fansd2c537ee
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Just for folks info i used a new password on my router and made it as short as i could and it now connects via home router .
2023-3-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fansd2c537ee Posted at 3-18 13:47
Just for folks info i used a new password on my router and made it as short as i could and it now connects via home router .

Thank you for sharing this information. Hopefully, this helps other users who are experiencing the same issue. Have a good one!
2023-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules