Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
best vid editing software?
2434 21 2015-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
resinmike
lvl.1

Canada

Super green here looking for something that's easy to learn , whats everybody using ?
2015-8-19
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

I really like Final Cut Pro X
2015-8-19
Use props
resinmike
lvl.1

Canada

forgot to mention im running windows
2015-8-19
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

O, sorry.
2015-8-19
Use props
Tim DJI
DJI team

Hong Kong

Adobe Premiere CC
2015-8-19
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

Hi Tim. Good to see you here. I see you changed your user name and got a logo for your avatar. That is good. But just so you know the preferred format for DJI forum support is DJI-Whatever your name is.
Like...
DJI-Autumn
DJI-Terry
DJI-Sophie
DJI-Howard

You might want to change you user name to DJI-Tim.
Anyway good to see you helping here.
2015-8-19
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-8-20 12:36
Hi Tim. Good to see you here. I see you changed your user name and got a logo for your avatar. Tha ...

Done! Thanks
2015-8-19
Use props
Peter Silver
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I don't think there is any 'best' editing software. They all basically do the same thing. I use Edius but Premier is good as is a few of the others.
Free ones don't necessarily give you an easy work flow.
And your computer has a lot to do with it as well. Speed etc.
2015-8-20
Use props
brossern
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73314 ft
Norway

I use Adobe Premiere and Adobe Aftereffects for tracking, grading and sFX.  Free software are great for starters, but it can be very limited after a while.
As a beginner you should concentrate on the filming and slow movements.
2015-8-21
Use props
SimplePanda
First Officer
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

The two more or less de facto NLE's are Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro, in some version or another (the latest being CC and X, respectively).

Most Mac guys I know are on Final Cut Pro, with a few on Premiere (the integration between Premier, After Effects, and SpeedGrade are especially nice).  While Final Cut Pro X was initially short on key features, the latest versions are really, really good and I don't know anyone still working on Final Cut Pro 7 for feature parity reasons (usually just people happy with their setups and in no rush to upgrade).

If you're on PC, Premiere is probably the best choice for you. You can get it as part of Creative Cloud.

Mileage may vary, of course.
2015-8-21
Use props
chris
lvl.4
Flight distance : 242247 ft
United States

Media-100. Very fast!!
2015-8-25
Use props
Overmind
Second Officer
Flight distance : 595538 ft
Australia

Don't want to start a debate, and have to admit it's probably my own ignorance, but I just don't seem to find Premier "easy" at all!  Actually I just don't get it, and admittedly, don't have time for reading endless tutorials at present.  

Do you guys find the same?  Or is Premier an easy tool, with eSy workflows to use?  I'd actually be very keen on your perspectives out there?
2015-8-26
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.4

Overmind Posted at 2015-8-26 21:17
Don't want to start a debate, and have to admit it's probably my own ignorance, but I just don't see ...

Overmind,

Youtube is your best friend!  Search anything you want to do in premier, there will be a quick and easy answer.  
2015-8-26
Use props
Overmind
Second Officer
Flight distance : 595538 ft
Australia

smcbrearty@roge Posted at 2015-8-26 22:54
Overmind,

Youtube is your best friend!  Search anything you want to do in premier, there will be  ...

Ok, cheers, will do mate, thanks...
2015-8-29
Use props
bdmartens
lvl.1

Canada

I'll throw a plug in for lightworks
2015-8-29
Use props
alessandrowr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 172431 ft
Hong Kong

Don't want to start a debate, and have to admit it's probably my own ignorance, but I just don't see ...

It can be very confusing. It took me a few months to learn it and every version theres more to know.
What you can do if you don't have much time or are a beginner is download the softaware that goPro offers for free. It's easy to use and you don't have to have a goPro camera. It opens many different file formats. You'll find templates all almost everything there. The other option if you're a MAC is iMovie. Easy and does the job. Have a look.
Heres' the link http://shop.gopro.com/softwarean ... tudio.html#/start=1

Take care
2015-9-24
Use props
alessandrowr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 172431 ft
Hong Kong

It can be very confusing. It took me a few months to learn it and every version theres more to know.
What you can do if you don't have much time or are a beginner is download the softaware that goPro offers for free. It's easy to use and you don't have to have a goPro camera. It opens many different file formats. You'll find templates all almost everything there. The other option if you're a MAC is iMovie. Easy and does the job. Have a look.
Heres' the link http://shop.gopro.com/softwarean ... tudio.html#/start=1

Take care
2015-9-24
Use props
teamnest1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

I like Sony Vegas. Anything that I do not know how to do, I simply search on youtube and find a lot of videos. There is a lot of extra plugin available too.

To me, its either Adobe or Vegas. (windows)
2015-9-25
Use props
alan
lvl.3

United States

Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 is easy to use, very powerful and inexpensive. It works well with 4K files by first making a proxy of them. It takes a while to make the proxy but after that you can add effects and preview them smoothly.
2015-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules