DJI o3 air unit doesn't show up in DJI Assistant 2 to activate it
6708 14 2023-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arby77
lvl.1

United States

Just  finished my first build and was able to get my o3 air unit bound with  my DJI goggles v2 except there's an error on the OSD showing the o3 air  unit has to be activated and functions will be limited.
I  downloaded the DJI assistant 2 (consumer fpv series) for m1 mac, plug  in my usb and nothing. There is a solid green light on the air unit, but  nothing shows up in the assistant. I am surprisingly able to get the  DJI Goggles v2 to show up in the assistant but just not the o3.

Things I've tried
- Tried to install the non fpv series version of dji assistant. Can't install on m1.
-Installed the enterprise version of the dji assistant.
-Ensured nothing was blocked under security & privacy.
-Tried 4 different usb c cables.
-Tried it with a battery plugged into the quad and without.
-Installed dji assistant 2 onto a windows 11 machine, also doesn't show up there.
-Ran the assistant as admin on the pc, no change.

I'm  quickly running out of ideas. Has anyone encountered this? I have seen  other posts noting some issues with getting the o3 to connect to an M1  mac but I'm surprised it didn't show up on my windows 11 pc either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2023-2-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to uninstall the DJI Assistant 2 FPV version on your computer and install the DJI Assistant 2 Consumer drone version then check if the activation will go through? You may download the said version on the link below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2023-2-24
Use props
djiuser_qMIBG1LC2Tir
lvl.1

United States

HI, I just downloaded the most recent version of assistant 2 COnsumer drone series.  I plugged it into my airunit and on the firmware update page it just hangs and never loads any versions. I was able to activate the airunit, but it just never loads any firmware build. the list is empty. Please help.
2023-4-10
Use props
fansbb1cf3fb
lvl.1
United States

It's early summer 2023 and I just bought the DJI Goggle 2 together with the DJI 03 Air Unit as a system for FPV driving some of my RC trucks and cars...

Once again I'm COMPLETELY SPEECHLESS that a company as LARGE and SKILLED as DJI can make such AMAZING DRONES, but UTTERLY STUPID SOFTWARE.
I'll bet I have over $5,000 US dollars spent on DJI products (several Phantom 3 Pros, several Mavic 2 Pros, a few Mavic MInis, and now the DJI Goggles 2 and the DJI 03 Air Unit).
EVERY piece of EQUIPMENT has been EXCELLENT :-O
EVERY piece of SOFTWARE required to ACTIVATE then USE this equipment has been ENVISIONED, DESIGNED and DEVELOPED by UTTER MORONS.

It's hard to believe the DRONE MANUFACTURING department and the SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT department are genuinely part of the SAME COMPANY - AM I ALONE THINKING THIS WAY?

You would think the team that designs & builds the DRONES are some of the BRIGHTEST PEOPLE ON THE PLANET :-) ...
but the team that designs & builds the SOFTWARE are some of the STUPIDEST, INEPT "CODE-PUSHERS" to have ever touched a keyboard - it's like the CEO of DJI hired all of his STUPIDEST nephews and MOST INEPT sons-in-law to write all the code for this company.

WHEN will an AMERICAN company finally step up and TAKE OVER THIS INDUSTRY ??

It's a $30 BILLION (USD) DOLLAR A YEAR MARKET - and DJI appears to be going out of its way to NOT GIVE A ... ABOUT ITS CUSTOMERS...
If I were a complete stranger to this industry, at first glance I'd say that DJI's senior-level-management actually DESPISE their customers, not RESPECT them.

Now I'm sitting here with yet ANOTHER $1,000 fucking dollars' worth of Googles and Air Unit and NOTHING I DO will ACTIVATE the camera.

It's the MOSTLY COSTLY, HIGHEST-QUALITY PIECE OF ... I'VE EVER PURCHASED FROM DJI TO DATE.

@ DJI SENIOR MANAGEMENT:
You many NOT be in this business for much longer; a $30 BILLION dollar industry soon to be $300 BILLION dollar industry is TOO TEMPTING - and you all are TOO LAZY & INEPT - for there to NEVER be competitors who will quickly & easily snatch ALL of your market share.

Hopefully in the next 2 years all of us drone enthusiasts will be saying "DJI WHO?" and "Hey - remember that company "DJ- something" that committed corporate SUICIDE by NOT actually caring about al their money-spending customers?"...
2023-5-27
Use props
Bladescater
New

Canada

Vous devez  charger votre lipo à 100% ne surtout pas connecter  la radiocommande  ou les lunette fpv pendant  la procédure  vous devez aussi placer  votre drone sur un ventilateur  pour le refroidir  et utilisez  un environnement windows
2023-6-14
Use props
djiuser_cJzOQrHwW6Y2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 194944 ft
United States

I have the similar issue - i connected my o3 to PC (i can see red dot, so assume that o3 receive the power)
but there is nothing in dji assistance 2 (Consumer Drone series)

I really need it, cause im not able to activate my o3
im using latest version of dji assistance 2 (tried anotherAAAIlH8AEAAACQeAQfAAAAAAln9v8DZwXOk3q/+aAAAAAASUVORK5CYII=[/img]

2023-8-14
Use props
Arby77
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_cJzOQrHwW6Y2 Posted at 8-14 17:55
I have the similar issue - i connected my o3 to PC (i can see red dot, so assume that o3 receive the power)
but there is nothing in dji assistance 2 (Consumer Drone series)

I ended up getting my issue resolved but it has been quite some time so I don't remember exactly what I did. I believe from what I remember that instead of using the consumer drone series version of the DJI assistant software I had to use the DJI FPV series version. I think another time I found one of my usb cables just doesn't transfer data so I tried another and it worked. But most likely try the other version of the the assistant.
2023-8-14
Use props
djiuser_cJzOQrHwW6Y2
lvl.1
United States

Arby77 Posted at 8-14 18:56
I ended up getting my issue resolved but it has been quite some time so I don't remember exactly what I did. I believe from what I remember that instead of using the consumer drone series version of the DJI assistant software I had to use the DJI FPV series version. I think another time I found one of my usb cables just doesn't transfer data so I tried another and it worked. But most likely try the other version of the the assistant.

How to download another version/ i can see on latest
2023-8-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_cJzOQrHwW6Y2 Posted at 8-15 00:55
How to download another version/ i can see on latest

Hi there. You can download the DJI Assistant 2 (FPV series) version here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... nt-2-dji-fpv-series. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-15
Use props
jantra
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 8-15 03:07
Hi there. You can download the DJI Assistant 2 (FPV series) version here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-dji-fpv-series. Have a great day ahead.

it is not working with dpi fps as well

what should I try next?
2023-8-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

jantra Posted at 8-15 23:30
it is not working with dpi fps as well

what should I try next?

Hi there. Is it getting recognized by your computer but not the DJI Assistant 2? Have you already tried replacing your cable?
2023-8-15
Use props
jantra
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 8-15 23:49
Hi there. Is it getting recognized by your computer but not the DJI Assistant 2? Have you already tried replacing your cable?

No computer is not recognized.
I tried different cables/ports. And I have successufully activate RC and googles
2023-8-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

jantra Posted at 8-16 03:05
No computer is not recognized.
I tried different cables/ports. And I have successufully activate RC and googles

Sorry to hear that. Did you make sure to use a USB communication cable and not a charging cable to ensure the connection between the device and the computer? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-8-16
Use props
djiuser_GkBxvXbqfdnF
New

Colombia

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-8-16 03:19
Sorry to hear that. Did you make sure to use a USB communication cable and not a charging cable to ensure the connection between the device and the computer? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hi every one, I was having the same problem, the DJI Assistant 2 does not recognized my O3-unit-air.  I notice in the app installation process that the command line window (the one that ask you to press a key to continue...) did not realize a lot of windows commands (a lot of errors) because of permissions.  So, I enter in my PC as an administrator, download the app, installed it, and problem solved.  I hope this can help all the problems that the community is having with this issue.  Regards.
1-7 12:04
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_GkBxvXbqfdnF Posted at 1-7 12:04
Hi every one, I was having the same problem, the DJI Assistant 2 does not recognized my O3-unit-air.  I notice in the app installation process that the command line window (the one that ask you to press a key to continue...) did not realize a lot of windows commands (a lot of errors) because of permissions.  So, I enter in my PC as an administrator, download the app, installed it, and problem solved.  I hope this can help all the problems that the community is having with this issue.  Regards.

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. Can you please try using the Assistant 2 Consumer Drones version instead? Here is the link for download: https://www.dji.com/no/downloads ... sumer-drones-series. Have a nice day.
1-8 01:25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules