Gimbal stuck - Mini 2
6581 5 2023-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
m.chevy
New
Netherlands

Dear all,

After 1 flight the drone keeps giving 'gimbal stuck' notifications, followed by 'gimbal motor overload'. The notification goes away after light manipulation of the gimbal, but it does not seem right to me to keep manipulating the gimbal (and sometimes the problem would just not resolve). Gimbal calibration is impossible with that notification.
Does anyone else have this problem/know the solution?
Does it need to go back to DJI?

Thank you!
2023-2-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry to know about this. When a “Gimbal Stuck” warning is shown in the DJI Fly app (error code 40002), the gimbal may be stuck by debris (for example, the aircraft was powered on when it was folded, or the gimbal protector was not removed.). Please check whether there are debris on the gimbal. If yes, clean off them, restart the aircraft, and calibrate the gimbal. Or please try powering off the aircraft and move the gimbal gently in every angle with your hand, and check whether there is any debris in the gimbal. If not, power on the aircraft and calibrate the gimbal. In this case, please check whether the debris is stuck in the gimbal. Please remove the debris, restart the aircraft, and then recalibrate the gimbal. If the issue persists, please go to Online Repair Request and send back the aircraft to DJI for diagnosis.
2023-2-27
Use props
m.chevy
New
Netherlands

DJI Diana Posted at 2-27 08:24
Sorry to know about this. When a “Gimbal Stuck” warning is shown in the DJI Fly app (error code 40002), the gimbal may be stuck by debris (for example, the aircraft was powered on when it was folded, or the gimbal protector was not removed.). Please check whether there are debris on the gimbal. If yes, clean off them, restart the aircraft, and calibrate the gimbal. Or please try powering off the aircraft and move the gimbal gently in every angle with your hand, and check whether there is any debris in the gimbal. If not, power on the aircraft and calibrate the gimbal. In this case, please check whether the debris is stuck in the gimbal. Please remove the debris, restart the aircraft, and then recalibrate the gimbal. If the issue persists, please go to Online Repair Request and send back the aircraft to DJI for diagnosis.

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I cannot believe that there is any debris in the drone (as it already happened after 1 flight and the drone landed on concrete) and the gimbal protector has always been removed before starting the engine. So I believe it needs to go back..
Thank you again!!!
2023-2-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

m.chevy Posted at 2-28 02:08
Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I cannot believe that there is any debris in the drone (as it already happened after 1 flight and the drone landed on concrete) and the gimbal protector has always been removed before starting the engine. So I believe it needs to go back..
Thank you again!!!

Thanks for your patience regarding the matter. Once the online repair request has been submitted, and the case number has been generated, please check the shipping label sent to you in your email via inbox, or spam folder. Also, you can view the progress online. Hope this helps. should you need to contact us for any reason, please know that we are always here to help. Thank you.
2023-2-28
Use props
kaj123
New

Croatia

hello,I crashed my mini 2 se and since than it keeps saying gimbal stuck error 40002. What I noticed that it cant move its roll axle to the one side. does anyone know the solution? thanks
3-27 14:40
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

kaj123 Posted at 3-27 14:40
hello,I crashed my mini 2 se and since than it keeps saying gimbal stuck error 40002. What I noticed that it cant move its roll axle to the one side. does anyone know the solution? thanks

Hi, there. We are sorry to know about this unfortunate incident that happened to your drone. If the device has experienced an accident, we suggest sending it to our facility for a proper diagnosis. This will also help us to ensure the future flight performance of the device, as it will undergo flight tests and quality assurance. You can contact our relevant team through this link: https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance at the request to start a case and investigation on the said incident. Thank you.
3-27 16:51
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules