DJI Mavic 3E/3T Release Notes (04/11/2024)
1234Next >
17973 133 2023-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview
  • Date:2024.04.11
  • Aircraft Firmware:v09.02.07.06
  • Remote Controller Firmware:v02.01.03.22
  • DJI Pilot 2 App:v9.2.0.26
  • DJI Assistant 2:v2.1.12

What’s New
  • Fixed issue: DJI Pilot 2 failed to create flight routes when performing Mapping tasks in the Southern Hemisphere.

Notes:
  • Once the firmware is updated, the aircraft cannot revert to firmware version v09.00.05.05 or earlier, the remote controller cannot revert to firmware version v02.01.02.02 or earlier.
  • Restart the aircraft and remote controller after the update is complete.
  • If the update fails, restart the aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Pilot 2 or DJI Assistant 2 (Enterprise Series), and retry.
  • Make sure the firmware of the aircraft and the remote controller, and DJI Pilot 2 are the latest versions. Otherwise, usage may be affected.

Overview

• Date: 2024.04.07
  • Aircraft Firmware: v09.02.07.06
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v02.01.03.19
  • DJI Pilot 2 App:v9.2.0.25
  • DJI Assistant 2:v2.1.12
What’s New
  • Added Slope Route to facilitate photogrammetry for a single slope.
  • Added Live Mission Recording for linear route, which supports adjustable altitude during flight. The waypoints added when the aircraft is close to the subject can be connected as the center line of the flight area.
  • Added support for Custom Break Point for flight tasks. The break point can be modified in the flight route settings.
  • Added Smart Low-Light mode for waypoint route. Only fixed angle shot is supported. When enabled, shooting effects in low-light environments will be improved.
  • Added Vision Assist. This function can be enabled in system settings > aircraft settings > Assist, which provides a real-time surrounding view of aircraft in the lower right corner of the liveview.
  • Added AR RTH Route and AR Landing Point. This function is enabled by default, and can be disabled in system settings > aircraft settings > Assist.
  • Added White Balance setting for Mavic 3E camera.
  • Adjusted product software service areas.
  • Custom settings for Enhanced Transmission can be saved and automatically applied to the remote controller and aircraft when DJI Pilot 2 is started.
  • Optimized the logic of Max Altitude setting: when the value is set to more than 500 m, the current setting will be retained after restart.
  • Optimized the logic of Smart RTH setting, so that the current settings can be retained after restart.
  • Optimized the UI interaction such as liveview settings, and route creation for linear route.
Notes:
  • Once the firmware is updated, the aircraft cannot revert to firmware version v09.00.05.05 or earlier, the remote controller cannot revert to firmware version v02.01.02.02 or earlier.
  • If the update fails, restart the aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Pilot 2 or DJI Assistant 2 (Enterprise Series), and retry.
  • Make sure the firmware of the aircraft and the remote controller, and DJI Pilot 2 are the latest versions. Otherwise, usage may be affected.

Overview
  • Date: 2023.12.28
  • Aircraft Firmware: v09.00.05.05
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v02.01.02.02
  • DJI Pilot 2 App: v9.0.5.31
  • DJI Assistant 2: v2.1.12

What’s New
  • Fixed some minor bugs.
  • Added some functions to meet local regulation requirements.

Notes:

Overview
  • Date: 2023.06.26
  • Aircraft Firmware: v07.00.01.02
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v02.00.05.01
  • DJI Pilot 2 App: V7.0.2.2
  • DJI Assistant 2: v2.1.9

What’s New
  • Added the remaining purchase service information for DJI FlightHub 2 in DJI Pilot 2.
  • Optimized some of the DJI Pilot 2 information such as prompts.

Notes:

Overview:
  • Date: 2023.03.02
  • Aircraft Firmware: v06.01.06.06
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v02.00.04.07
  • DJI Pilot 2 App: V6.1.1.1
  • DJI Assistant 2: v2.1.7

What's New?

• Added Terrain Follow for flight tasks:
a. Smart Oblique and Linear tasks support both Real-Time Follow and DSM Follow.
b. Oblique tasks only support DSM Follow.
  • Added POI function. The aircraft can circle and fly around a PinPoint to obtain omnidirectional information of the target.
  • Added ability to customize the camera angle for Mapping tasks. When planning a flight route, the aircraft orientation and gimbal pitch angle can be set for the route. Convenient for inspections of specific scenarios, such as solar panels.
  • Added ability to execute flight tasks during flight for fast and efficient execution of flight tasks at the current location. Tap the flight route icon to create or select a flight task on the camera or map view of the DJI Pilot 2 app.
  • Added ability to set Safe Takeoff Altitude for flight tasks to improve flight safety. This parameter setting is only valid when the aircraft executes a flight task before takeoff. If the aircraft starts a flight task during flight, the safe takeoff altitude will not take effect.
  • Added ability to create Mapping or Oblique tasks by selecting an area in the map view. Convenient to generate a flight route after synchronizing the mapping area planned on DJI FlightHub 2 to the DJI Pilot 2 app.
  • Added ability to import MBTiles format maps downloaded from Maptiler. The map layer can be customized in the DJI Pilot 2 app.
  • Added ability to export logs by different modules in the DJI Pilot 2 app.
  • Added encryption for Network Security Mode in the DJI Pilot 2 app. After setting a password, users can only change the Network Security Mode or adjust the function settings after entering the password.
  • Optimized Real-Time Follow. The minimum altitude is adjusted from 80 m to 30 m. The altitude for Real-Time Follow is updated to 30-200 m.
  • Optimized firmware update prompt in the DJI Pilot 2 app.
  • Fixed issue: the aircraft returns too slowly if RTH is triggered from a short distance.
  • Fixed issue: the RTH altitude is not updated timely on the DJI Pilot 2 app.
  • Fixed rare issue: the aircraft vibrates when the aircraft orientation is adjusted during manual flight.
  • Added ability for Mavic 3T to adjust infrared temperature measurement parameters, such as subject emissivity and temperature measurement distance.

Notes:

2023-3-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

That looks like a good update.
2023-3-1
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Wow, epic update!

JUST ORDERED A MAVIC 3T because of this update!

They even added my requested feature to adjust emissivity! Awesome!
2023-3-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2023-3-2
Use props
PaulKofi
lvl.4
Mexico

I am just wondering if this update includes my suggestion to have nadir/vertical photos taken in both perpendicular flights of a SOC task.

Hope so as this will increase greatly SOC productivity letting us reduce considerably side lap (from 60% to 30% ...)
2023-3-2
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is this real life..? From the notes it looks like DJI has actually been listening after all. I haven't tested this update yet but if these release notes are accurate this is a HUGE step in the right direction. Thank you DJI. Not having a POI function has been my biggest complaint with the M3E.
2023-3-2
Use props
MQNine
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1076542 ft

United States

OMG! POI! Thank you so much. It was really the only thing that was lacking for this drone.  
2023-3-2
Use props
MQNine
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1076542 ft

United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-2 14:05
Is this real life..? From the notes it looks like DJI has actually been listening after all. I haven't tested this update yet but if these release notes are accurate this is a HUGE step in the right direction. Thank you DJI. Not having a POI function has been my biggest complaint with the M3E.

Not sure if it was just my drone or the software, but now I can descend much faster than before also. I was having trouble keeping up with following a vehicle down a mountain road. Couldn't drop fast enough to keep up. And dropping from a high altitude when on low battery was nail bitting. lol
2023-3-2
Use props
PixelPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

Thanks for the info.
2023-3-2
Use props
PaulKofi
lvl.4
Mexico

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-2 14:05

Hi all,

unfortunately, in Smart Oblique task, the nadirs are still not taken in second perpendicular Flight plan, Please, support team, it should not be too difficult to implement as nadir photos are taken in 1st plan. In attachment you can see a SOC task with 2 perpendicular plan (red lines and blue lines) . No nadirs or vertical top down pictures in 2nd plan  (blue lines) ....

This would be crucial as it would mean a more than 2 fold productivity gain in SOC task versus actual...
2023-3-2
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Am I missing something here? I was pretty pumped about flight planning from a mouse and keyboard.
No Editing.jpg
confused.jpg
2023-3-2
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-2 19:38
Am I missing something here? I was pretty pumped about flight planning from a mouse and keyboard.

Is that the newest version of Flighthub?
2023-3-2
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 3-2 20:25
Is that the newest version of Flighthub?

It's 100% browser based so there is no software to update on the user side like DJI Terra would need. Flighthub 2's release notes list the last update was 2022-12-19 though. I still haven't had a chance to fly since this firmware update but so far this isn't looking very good.
2023-3-2
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-2 22:17
It's 100% browser based so there is no software to update on the user side like DJI Terra would need. Flighthub 2's release notes list the last update was 2022-12-19 though. I still haven't had a chance to fly since this firmware update but so far this isn't looking very good.

Which website is that?

Sorry for my dumb question then; I just ordered a Mavic 3T, so I do not actually have one of these enterprise drones yet.
2023-3-2
Use props
Pro88Cro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 320043 ft
Croatia

Great updates. In next one, we're expecting tripod mode (speed limit mode for close up inspections) and vertical (fascade) flight plan.

Keep up the good work!
2023-3-3
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 3-2 22:45
Which website is that?

Sorry for my dumb question then; I just ordered a Mavic 3T, so I do not actually have one of these enterprise drones yet.

It's all good. The website is www.dji.com/flighthub-2 or fh.dji.com
2023-3-3
Use props
Panph
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5322589 ft
  • >>>
Italy

LOL. DJI you make me save 1800€, i was about to buy UGCS perpetual for Terrain follow in corrdidor mapping!!
I can guess the same updates will be soon available even for the M300, great news!
2023-3-3
Use props
djiuser_yr5jEPZEV6qZ
lvl.3
Germany

Hello Dji-Team,
thank you for adding new functions, but i'm missing something, that has been there before. Where has the informationbar on the bottom of the flightplanning apps gone? Was a great tool showing up effects on flighttime, number of pictures and waypoints just in time by tweaking the flightparameters. Is there a way to show up this bar again?
2023-3-5
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

This is going to sound like a question from a kid with his first drone, but how do you use the new POI mode? I did a lot of flying today and never could find how to do it. Selecting a subject on the screen like on every other DJI controller does nothing but adjust focus. After I got back home and looked over these release notes, it sounds like you might have to drop a pin on the map to access this feature? Can anyone confirm since DJI loves to offer a feature and never show how to use it properly *cough* High-Res grid... A pin point on the map isn't the same as a point of interest. POI's can move. I've made a boat in open waters be my POI and doing a full speed orbit while chasing a boat is an awesome shot.
2023-3-5
Use props
djiuser_PTRbxzbetawA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 147064 ft
Germany

Hi,

please see my video for a tutorial.

First you set a point with the button on the top left corner.

After that you fly to the position from where you want to circle and activate the type of recording.

Then you can click the POI-circle on the left middle site of  the display.

You then can control the speed of the POI with the right control stick and lock the speed with the C1 button.

I dont know yet, whether this function also supports POI for moving objects.

Regards Jan
2023-3-6
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_PTRbxzbetawA Posted at 3-6 02:15
Hi,

please see my video for a tutorial.

Many thanks for the video. So my guess was correct. It's not orbiting a POI, it's orbiting a known coordinate. Don't get me wrong I'm glad we atleast have SOMETHING. It's just a shame that DJI can have this ability on drones that were released 3 years ago and were 1/4 of the price on the day they launched. For contex THIS is what POI mode is. Which is not what the M3E is yet capable of. The part I'm talking about is at 53 seconds in if it doesn't start there automatically.

2023-3-6
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
United States

Found a bug:

On the Mavic 3T, when you set the SCENE to MANUAL and you get the additional pop-out options (DDE, contrast, brightness)… it stays there even if you go into those options on a visible camera (wide/zoom) if you don’t properly back out of that additional option pop-out.

Also, the camera always seems to pull slightly to the left when coming down on the zoom level from 7.0x and stays there (slightly panned to the left). Zoom back in past 7.0x and then back down just below it again and it’ll shift again slightly left.
2023-3-7
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

When will DJI improve planning a mapping mission? Pilot 2 is so frustrating everytime I go to plan a new mapping route.

TLDR - Not my video but this guy knows what I'm saying.

1. Why is the starting point of a mission not adjustable? It's stuck to a certain waypoint and there's no moving it. So annoying when you have to start over from scratch just to move the starting point after planning a large area.
2. It almost seems like it plans missions with no sense of efficiency. Look at photo example 1, who in their right mind would leave the final few flight lines at the same place you started from? Total waste of time, battery and it's like DJI's app devs have no concept of how shadows move over time.
3. All this time has gone by and our RC's are the only device to plan a mission on. Flighthub 2 is so close to being great but it's like DJI won't let it take that final step towards being useful. Your latest release notes say "Convenient to generate a flight route after synchronizing the mapping area planned on DJI FlightHub 2 to the DJI Pilot 2 app."Someone explain to me what this even means? Planned on Flighthub 2..? There isn't a way to plan a single thing on FH2 besides a simple waypoint mission. Not only that, there's no way to even see any flight plans. Ones that are already made and synced to your DJI account. They're listed by name on the side but no way to visualize the flight. photo example 2.
4. If you have a complicated route almost finished changing a small unrelated value like altitude or adjusting a waypoint throws off the whole plan. Every flight line moves drastically and theres no undo button to correct it.
5. I could keep going but you get the point. Like the video says, this app dev team is the JV from DJI. Do better.

Example 1

Example 1

Example 2

Example 2
2023-3-10
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I can't be the only person who noticed the wording change on the update logs found on the RC vs the ones posted here online.  
#1. It's no longer POI mode but now "circling PinPoints and flying". English obviously isn't this writers first language, respect though. I like how this is a more accurate description of how the M3E handles POI mode. Someone from the marketing department must have thought POI sounded better even though it's not a true POI mode.

#2. Selecting an area is how you've always generated a mapping or oblique flight plan..?

#3. Finally, DJI agrees with what we have been saying for a while now. Ocusync 3, 3+ and especially Ocusync 3 Enterprise isn't some proprietary protocol that is incapable of being cross compatable. At the end of the day it is just Enhanced WiFi. So there's no reason for all these different RC's being locked out of the rest of DJI's drone ecosystem.

#4. DJI .DAT logs are still encrypted and completely useless unless they're sent to DJI first. Why aren't we allowed to view our own logs from our own drone that we created? Imagine a world where your check engine light comes on but instead of using an OBD2 reader you have to send off a 3 GB log file to Ford so they can determine the issue.

It's clear to me that a DJI R&D employee wrote this update log and was very honest with the listings descriptions. Then some marketing person from sales fluffed up the same list and used it here.

Screenshot_20230314-201102.jpg
2023-3-14
Use props
Stevenw103
lvl.1
Flight distance : 991493 ft
United Kingdom

When updating to v06.01.06.06, i started getting connection issues to the controller.  I am using the M3E.  Has anyone else had this issue?
2023-3-16
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

No issues with my M3E.
2023-3-16
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
United States

Stevenw103 Posted at 3-16 03:15
When updating to v06.01.06.06, i started getting connection issues to the controller.  I am using the M3E.  Has anyone else had this issue?

It ‘might’ be interference. Maybe go somewhere else & try the update again.

Also powering off/on everything again will yield you a different operating frequency.

By the time you read this, you’ll probably have already updated successfully… fingers crossed. My update sent silky smooth & then I did a manual reboot of everything just that one more time to be sure everything is kosher.
2023-3-16
Use props
mydannyq
New
United States

Waiting on my 3T to arrive tomorrow.  Kinda new to the game but I am in hopes that it can take our roof inspecting to  whole new level.
2023-3-17
Use props
RoryG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9521385 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I thought that oblique tasks now support DSM terrain follow, however in the advanced settings when I want to use a custom gimbal angle it is greyed out and not supported in terrain follow. Am I missing something? All I want to be able to do is run a mission with the gimbal at 60º, with the camera pointing the same direction on each pass - this is easy on the P4R so why not the M3E?
2023-3-20
Use props
Beate
New

Germany

I have problems with the quality of the images (Mavic 3E). I see dark areas in the image corners and objective distorsion. Strainght lines are curces. What could be the problem.
Thanks a lot for any help
2023-3-20
Use props
fans3cf3ca7b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 154009 ft
France

Beate Posted at 3-20 07:26
I have problems with the quality of the images (Mavic 3E). I see dark areas in the image corners and objective distorsion. Strainght lines are curces. What could be the problem.
Thanks a lot for any help

Hello,

Solution :
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D785%26typeid%3D785
2023-3-21
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Is there a reason this thread has now been unpinned from the front of the Pro Systems main page? Seems kinda odd that your flagship M3E firmware update post is now being hidden.
2023-3-24
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Could someone with DJI please explain what one of the bullet points is talking about?

• Added ability to create Mapping or Oblique tasks by selecting an area in the map view. Convenient to generate a flight route after synchronizing the mapping area planned on DJI FlightHub 2 to the DJI Pilot 2 app

I have been trying to find out what this means and so far I can't find anything. Flighthub 2 offers nothing related to planning a mapping area. Same goes for oblique tasks. This would be a nice feature to have but so far DJI hasnt enabled this.

Thanks
2023-3-26
Use props
Marchetti270
lvl.2

Australia

Can we expect DJI to add the following in future firmware updates?
1. Option to set White Balance to anything other than fixed to auto.  Preset options such as sunny, shade, overcast, indoors as a minimum (same as Phantom 4 RTK).

2. Being able to Yaw the aircraft during a pre-programmed mission - you don't have a terrain follow option that also faces the gimbal perpendicular to the topography.  This is something we need in open cut mining for mapping the geological and structure of the pit walls.  Our work around with the Phantom 4 RTk is to use terrain follow and manually adjust the gimbal and yaw. The Mavic 3 Enterprise doesn't allow the aircraft to yaw during a preprogrammed flight.

3. The Return to Home function of the Mavic 3 enterprise is inferior to the Phantom 4 RTk and Mavic 2. The Aircraft must climb to preset altitude and them return to home at that altitude, lets say 120m.  The Phantom 4 RTk and Mavic 2 allows the pilot to cancel the climb, by press down on the stick and return straight to home at current altitude provided it's above 40m.  We can also bring it down to as low as we want while it's heading home, speeding up the process and convserving battery.  This is useful for when you need it to fly above a large object and then approach the home point at a safe height (40m), instead of 120m.
2023-3-28
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Marchetti270 Posted at 3-28 16:07
Can we expect DJI to add the following in future firmware updates?
1. Option to set White Balance to anything other than fixed to auto.  Preset options such as sunny, shade, overcast, indoors as a minimum (same as Phantom 4 RTK).

Several of us have brought up how the lack of a manual white balance is a big deal. Leaving this on auto and chancing the white balance changing during a photogrammetry photo collection is horrible for the map/model. So far DJI has never addressed these comments and pretends this problem doesn't exist.
I agree the RTH is very bad on the M3E and this latest update made it even worse. Once RTH has auto-started it is usually hard to stop. When you do get it to stop the drone just freezes in midair and doesn't respond to your stick inputs. This is incredibly frustrating when you have a better route home to save what battery is left. Then it waste time frozen in midair ignoring your inputs much like DJI ignores their Enterprise customers.
2023-3-28
Use props
nt8oiNTciYhI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 330102 ft
United States

Another vote for manual white balance.
2023-3-30
Use props
Egichaeus
New

Germany

Feels like thousands of sensors on the M300 but still NO TRUE TERRAIN FOLLOWING? Limited to 30 m? Why do I have to buy full UGCS package at the cost of a brandnew M300 to perform flights 2 m above ground for geomagnetics?
2023-3-31
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

UGCS cost some 700€. I would like to know where you can buy M300 for this money.
2023-3-31
Use props
djiuser_7Uegp4zLWoXA
New

Lebanon

We need updates to be compatible with third party for mapping like pix4D please if there is please let me know
2023-4-1
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

djiuser_7Uegp4zLWoXA Posted at 4-1 22:18
We need updates to be compatible with third party for mapping like pix4D please if there is please let me know

I let you know that there is
2023-4-1
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules