7722 35 2023-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jiheffe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276302 ft
Belgium

(Mini 3 Pro + DJI RC Controller)

This is now the second time in a couple of days that a flight is not logged at the correct time...
Last Saturday (Feb. 25th) one of my flights was recorded as taking off at exactly 13:00, while the actual time was actually a little before 15:00.

Today, March 2nd, I did a flight at 17:12, but it was recorded as if it happened on March 1st... The time of day is correct, but the day is 24 hours off...

What is happening here ? Anyone had the same problem? I am on the latest firmware.  

2023-3-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Check that the data/time on your phone or tablet.
Is it a daylight saving or wrong time zone issue?
2023-3-2
Use props
Jiheffe
lvl.2
Belgium

Labroides Posted at 3-2 13:32
Check that the data/time on your phone or tablet.
Is it a daylight saving or wrong time zone issue?

As I mentioned, I am using the Mini 3 Pro with the DJI RC Controller, so no phone or tablet involved.
I am in Belgium, at least 200 km away from the nearest adjacent time zone, and the next DST change is end of March.
I would think the drone gets its time from the GPS satellites. Is there a glitch somewhere here?
2023-3-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Jiheffe Posted at 3-2 13:47
As I mentioned, I am using the Mini 3 Pro with the DJI RC Controller, so no phone or tablet involved.
I am in Belgium, at least 200 km away from the nearest adjacent time zone, and the next DST change is end of March.
I would think the drone gets its time from the GPS satellites. Is there a glitch somewhere here?

Your RC Controller is an Android tablet with joysticks.
Check the data/time settings in the controller.
2023-3-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please double-check the Date and Time settings under general settings on your DJI RC then set the "network provided time" then check if the issue persists? You may also install the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and please update/refresh the firmware of your DJI RC to see if this helps. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-3-2
Use props
Jiheffe
lvl.2
Belgium

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-2 19:52
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please double-check the Date and Time settings under general settings on your DJI RC then set the "network provided time" then check if the issue persists? You may also install the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and please update/refresh the firmware of your DJI RC to see if this helps. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Yes, the controller is set to "network provided time". After each flight, when I am back home, I sync the logs with Airdata, so Wifi is mostly on except during flights. That being said, when starting a flight I don't always check if the controller is connected to my phone hotspot. Guess I will need to add "Check date/time" to my pre-flight checklist?

At least one other person reported exactly the same issue in a Facebook group. Could this be a bug where the app thought it was a bisextile year and counted March 1st as February 29th?

I am a bit surprised that the system relies on a Wifi connection to get its date/time... I would have expected it would acquire the time from the GPS satellites, much like GPS receivers do.

[Update] Did some search in the forums (should have done it before, I know ;-) ). The issue is mentionned in a couple of threads:
  • https://forum.dji.com/thread-270668-1-1.html
  • https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=270677
  • https://mavicpilots.com/threads/incorrect-time-and-date-on-the-files-created-by-mini-3-pro.126767/

2023-3-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Jiheffe Posted at 3-3 00:14
Yes, the controller is set to "network provided time". After each flight, when I am back home, I sync the logs with Airdata, so Wifi is mostly on except during flights. That being said, when starting a flight I don't always check if the controller is connected to my phone hotspot. Guess I will need to add "Check date/time" to my pre-flight checklist?

At least one other person reported exactly the same issue in a Facebook group. Could this be a bug where the app thought it was a bisextile year and counted March 1st as February 29th?

I am a bit surprised that the system relies on a Wifi connection to get its date/time
It doesn't
2023-3-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had exactly the same issue yesterday,  all my flights were recorded as March 1st.  I since made sure to connect to wifi to sync the time.  
2023-3-3
Use props
Jiheffe
lvl.2
Belgium

Labroides Posted at 3-3 00:32
I am a bit surprised that the system relies on a Wifi connection to get its date/time
It doesn't

Can you elaborate?
2023-3-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Jiheffe Posted at 3-3 01:14
Can you elaborate?

No wifi connection is required to get data and time.
2023-3-3
Use props
Jiheffe
lvl.2
Belgium

Labroides Posted at 3-3 03:26
No wifi connection is required to get data and time.

Can you elaborate a bit more? I am probably very stupid and don't get the point...
How does the RC Controller connect to the network without wifi?
2023-3-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Jiheffe Posted at 3-3 07:16
Can you elaborate a bit more? I am probably very stupid and don't get the point...
How does the RC Controller connect to the network without wifi?

Your tablet or controller has a perfectly good internal quartz clock.
You can fly where there's no cell service or wifi and still get perfect date & time.
You would only need a connection to correct the clock if it was out.
2023-3-3
Use props
Jiheffe
lvl.2
Belgium

Labroides Posted at 3-3 12:43
Your tablet or controller has a perfectly good internal quartz clock.
You can fly where there's no cell service or wifi and still get perfect date & time.
You would only need a connection to correct the clock if it was out.

Well, it looks like that "perfectly good internal quartz clock" is not that perfect. Just google or search this forum to see it is a recurring issue.

Why are you so rude to someone just looking for help? Why do you thing people are too dumb? Why can't you just explain in a friendly way?
2023-3-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Jiheffe Posted at 3-3 13:38
Well, it looks like that "perfectly good internal quartz clock" is not that perfect. Just google or search this forum to see it is a recurring issue.

Why are you so rude to someone just looking for help? Why do you thing people are too dumb? Why can't you just explain in a friendly way?

Well, it looks like that "perfectly good internal quartz clock" is not that perfect.
Which is why my first suggestion was to check it.

Why are you so rude to someone just looking for help?

Why are you so thick that you can't tell when someone is helping you and explaining in a friendly way??
My mistake was assuming you had something approaching average intelligence.
2023-3-3
Use props
Jiheffe
lvl.2
Belgium

Labroides Posted at 3-3 13:48
Well, it looks like that "perfectly good internal quartz clock" is not that perfect.
Which is why my first suggestion was to check it.

I'm done. This is plain insulting and certainly against forum rules. Please do not respond anymore to this thread and leave it to people who are willing to contribute in a constructive way.
Thank you.
2023-3-3
Use props
fans2c8b15c2
lvl.3
Belgium

Jiheffe Posted at 3-3 14:09

I'm done. This is plain insulting and certainly against forum rules. Please do not respond anymore to this thread and leave it to people who are willing to contribute in a constructive way.

Hi Jiheffe, if it is of any relief, I am reporting the same issue! I took some shots last Thursday (Mar 2nd) with my DJI Osmo action cam and with my DJI drone. When I came home and wanted to create a movie, I noticed that the drone recorded a wrong date (Mar 1st). Date on my action cam was correct. Not a disaster, just had to shift the clips in my timeline, but it surprised me. Last week, dates were still correct and I didn't do any setting changes. I just checked the date again today after reading your post, and now it seems correct, at least on my remote control unit. As there was another software update pending, I did that also.
2023-3-4
Use props
Jiheffe
lvl.2
Belgium

fans2c8b15c2 Posted at 3-4 01:08
Hi Jiheffe, if it is of any relief, I am reporting the same issue! I took some shots last Thursday (Mar 2nd) with my DJI Osmo action cam and with my DJI drone. When I came home and wanted to create a movie, I noticed that the drone recorded a wrong date (Mar 1st). Date on my action cam was correct. Not a disaster, just had to shift the clips in my timeline, but it surprised me. Last week, dates were still correct and I didn't do any setting changes. I just checked the date again today after reading your post, and now it seems correct, at least on my remote control unit. As there was another software update pending, I did that also.

Yes, there is apparently something to be fixed ;-) Not a life threatening thing for sure, but annoying.

It would also be helpful if DJI explained in their user manuals how date / time syncing works. Maybe in a next release?
2023-3-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Jiheffe Posted at 3-3 00:14
Yes, the controller is set to "network provided time". After each flight, when I am back home, I sync the logs with Airdata, so Wifi is mostly on except during flights. That being said, when starting a flight I don't always check if the controller is connected to my phone hotspot. Guess I will need to add "Check date/time" to my pre-flight checklist?

At least one other person reported exactly the same issue in a Facebook group. Could this be a bug where the app thought it was a bisextile year and counted March 1st as February 29th?

Thank you for your response, Jiheffe. We may need to coordinate this with our designated team for attention. We will keep you posted. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-3-4
Use props
djiuser_3BcpkmN8gohY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73107 ft

Denmark

Same issue happened to my m3p. All photos and videos took today were logged as from 1st of March.
2023-3-4
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Had a flight today using the RC, RC had not been connected to internet.
Today = 6 march, log is date stamped 5 march.
So the internal RC clock isn`t that good.

On the RC screen: Sunday 5 march ; great,  another weekend day for me !  ;-)

Connected via WiFi to the internet and data is corrected to 6.

February is difficult month for DJI   28 or 29 days this year ?

cheers
JJB

2023-3-6
Use props
DomiG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24780 ft
Belgium

Helaba,
i got the same issue on March, 2nd.

i try to start my Mini 3 Pro but i got a motor stuck issue ... i try several times, same problem (motor stuck). after a while I abandon my attempts to fly ...
back to my car, i launch again my aircraft (about an hour later). the first time, i had motor stuck again. i turned mannually at the concerned motor. and the motor stuck dissappear. i was able to fly.

the next day, i was looking to my flight data.... the first flights are registered on march, 1st.... those at my car on march 2nd ....
strange, no ?

the first flicht attemps were on the beach with heavy wind, maybe that's the cause of the motor stuck. at my car, it was windfree.

i will look at my flight logs to see what happened that day
grtz & thx
domi
2023-3-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DomiG Posted at 3-6 12:53
Helaba,
i got the same issue on March, 2nd.

Wind doesn't cause a motor stuck warning.
2023-3-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DomiG Posted at 3-6 12:53
Helaba,
i got the same issue on March, 2nd.

probably the sand kicked up from the wind was the issue.
2023-3-6
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Been baffled with the date/time recorded in the metadata of all my video files. Still photos are accurate, only the video files. I eventually figured that the video files use the GMT time, so where I am(Vancouver, Canada) they all have to be corrected to -8hr then they will synch with the still photos in proper chronological order. This happens with my other photographic gear too. Only the video files.
Anyone here know why?
2023-3-7
Use props
kursatdji
New
Flight distance : 114364 ft
Turkey

I hope the problem solves after an update soon I have the same issue
2023-5-1
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28958264 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In my case, it turns out I was set to use "Automatic Timezone from Network", but this was defaulting to China, so although all my videos appeared to be recorded "tomorrow", it was just because the last F/W must have set the TZ to China.

Manually selecting the UK for TZ, then setting it back to Auto seems to have resolved my issues with incorrect time on it.
2023-5-2
Use props
Bryan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1083074 ft
United States

I’m having the same problem again. It’s not a phone, RC controller, or tablet problem. It went away after upgrading to the latest firmware but then returned recently. There should be no way to record a video or photo with a yesterday date and time. The controller should flag it as an error when it sees this. This is a bug in the software.
2023-7-1
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

I posted similar problem but did not receive any reply from Dji
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=292222
2023-7-1
Use props
Bryan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1083074 ft
Canada

Ranjan Posted at 7-1 20:26
I posted similar problem but did not receive any reply from Dji
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=292222

I’d be very interested in any reply you get. It’s clearly a bug that may manifest itself or not depending on the user’s location and set up. But it’s a bug. I don’t care what the time source is, it should never record something as being done in the past.
2023-7-5
Use props
SnoZ7
New
Flight distance : 4539419 ft
Australia

I have the exact same problem. I use the same controller on my Mav3 and Mini3Pro. I change the time settings to correct, power off, power on and they revert....New firmware is required, it's not been fixed in the last couple for sure. SUPER ANNOYING
2023-8-13
Use props
djiuser_TppZBw1eudEZ
New

United Kingdom

I noticed today (2nd April) that my Mini 3 was recording video as '19th March'
I'm flying from RC and I hardly ever connect up to my phone app or wi-fi.
I reset the date and time after watching a YouTube video called: 'DJI Mini 3 RC Set Time Zone' by posted by 'codeforge'
4-2 09:35
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_TppZBw1eudEZ Posted at 4-2 09:35
I noticed today (2nd April) that my Mini 3 was recording video as '19th March'
I'm flying from RC and I hardly ever connect up to my phone app or wi-fi.
I reset the date and time after watching a YouTube video called: 'DJI Mini 3 RC Set Time Zone' by posted by 'codeforge'

Hi there. When enabling the "Use network-provided time" and "Use network-provided time zone" options, DJI RC obtains the network and switches to the local Date and time zone automatically. When disabling the "Use network-provided time" and "Use network-provided time zone" options, in this case, you can set the correct Date and time zone manually. Have a nice day.
4-2 21:43
Use props
McSparkie
lvl.1
United States

Same issue here, recently. It's been a recurring issue as far as I can tell. The RC date and times are correct every time I check. I've even reset the thing, but every now and then it starts the issue again. Sometimes it's off a few hours; sometimes previous month, sometimes, likened, exactly 24 hours earlier. It's not in the controller. It's in the drone firmware itself, I'm thinking. The files on the card itself are time stamped incorrectly. So any software that reads that time stamp will get an incorrect time. I just ran another test. Same thing. The card, recently formatted, records the time stamp as 24 hours earlier.
4-10 18:00
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

McSparkie Posted at 4-10 18:00
Same issue here, recently. It's been a recurring issue as far as I can tell. The RC date and times are correct every time I check. I've even reset the thing, but every now and then it starts the issue again. Sometimes it's off a few hours; sometimes previous month, sometimes, likened, exactly 24 hours earlier. It's not in the controller. It's in the drone firmware itself, I'm thinking. The files on the card itself are time stamped incorrectly. So any software that reads that time stamp will get an incorrect time. I just ran another test. Same thing. The card, recently formatted, records the time stamp as 24 hours earlier.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you confirm what specific DJI product you are referring to? Kindly follow the information provided by DJI Tony on post #42 then check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted.
4-10 22:49
Use props
DooMMasteR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105262 ft
Germany

This still happens, happened to me today, the Mini 3 Pro save pictures with a date from 4 days ago, but at least the time was on point.
4-24 05:08
Use props
samedustunbulut
lvl.1

Turkey

Yes, I had the same problem, I read the answers, they are all very valuable, if anyone has more ideas, please write
4-25 01:51
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules