Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
legrandphoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4743635 ft
  • >>>
United States

Am I going something wrong?
I’ve got a new battery for my mavic 3 trying to charge it up for the first time and having issues.

I’ve been reading that they are in hibernation when shipped and that they need to charge for a while to come out of hibernation and activate.

I initially plugged it into the multi charger and got a red light on th charger with no activity on the battery.

I then put the battery in the drone and plugged it in for 90 min and still nothing.

I just put it back on the multi charger to see if I can bring it to life.

Any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong? Or did I get a dud?

Thanks
Michael
2023-3-3
Use props
legrandphoto
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Am I going something wrong? Mavic 3 battery

Am I going something wrong?
I’ve got a new battery for my mavic 3 trying to charge it up for the first time and having issues.

I’ve been reading that they are in hibernation when shipped and that they need to charge for a while to come out of hibernation and activate.

I initially plugged it into the multi charger and got a red light on th charger with no activity on the battery.

I then put the battery in the drone and plugged it in for 90 min and still nothing.

I just put it back on the multi charger to see if I can bring it to life.

Any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong? Or did I get a dud?

Thanks
Michael
2023-3-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Were you using the non-removeable cable on the charger?
When you press the power button, how many lights show?
2023-3-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. New batteries are in hibernation mode and need to be charged to wake up hibernating batteries. Please follow the steps below to wake up the batteries.

1. Connect the charging cable to the charger to the Type-C port at the rear of the aircraft, and charge the battery until the battery level LEDs light up.

2. Insert the batteries to the Battery Charging Hub, and charge the batteries until the battery level LEDs light up. Please note that the battery charging hub charges batteries in sequence. After a battery is fully charged, the battery charging hub will start charging the second battery to bring it out of hibernation.

Please keep us posted. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-3-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Please refer to this thread of yours https://forum.dji.com/thread-286196-1-1.html . Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-3-3
Use props
legrandphoto
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I put the new battery in the drone and plugged the usb cable permanently attached to the charger to the drone. I left it for over an hour and nothing happened. I have the battery now in the multi charger which has a red led light on at the moment. It’s been in the charger for about an hour now.
2023-3-3
Use props
legrandphoto
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-3 17:14
Were you using the non-removeable cable on the charger?
When you press the power button, how many lights show?

I was using the cable permanently connected to the charger.

When I press the button on the battery nothing happens.
2023-3-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

legrandphoto Posted at 3-3 17:36
I was using the cable permanently connected to the charger.

When I press the button on the battery nothing happens.

It takes several hours to charge the battery for the first time.
How long have you had it on the charger?
2023-3-3
Use props
legrandphoto
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I had it plugged into the drone for over an hour with nothing happening.

I then put it into the charger for a similar amount of time and had the light in the charger turn red but still no activity on the battery itself.
2023-3-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

legrandphoto Posted at 3-3 18:13
I had it plugged into the drone for over an hour with nothing happening.

I then put it into the charger for a similar amount of time and had the light in the charger turn red but still no activity on the battery itself.

It takes several hours.
2023-3-3
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Labroides Posted at 3-3 21:04
It takes several hours.

... even if it takes longer, you don't see a red LED on the charger, it must be flashing green!   
2023-3-3
Use props
Mac Odhinn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 107264 ft
France

Hello,

On the individual charger, there are two wires, one for the remote control, the thicker one, the other one for the battery, the thinner one, this is the one to use and the confusion between the two is sometimes the reason of the non-charging. I made this mistake the firts time I charged my battery....
2023-3-3
Use props
legrandphoto
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for everyones help. I think this battery is a dud. I'm returning it for another one.
2023-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules