O3 Air Unit died. Need help!
6240 30 2023-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_LsAudeekKkCJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28615 ft
Canada

O3 died just after 3rd short flight. Light (GREEN/RED) is off. It was working fine (activate/update/bind/link). Disarmed after landing, O3/Goggles V2/RC2 link went off and LED light on O3 unit turned off. Now when powered on via FC (HAKRC F722 40A AIO, 4S battery) - LED on O3 comes on for a split of a sec, goes off and then nothing.

Connecting O3 directly to the computer via USB cable (same computer, same USB port/cable that used to work before):
1. O3 LED turns GREEN for 2 - 3 sec
2. While the LED is on, Windows Device Manager shows "Unknown device"
3. O3 LED turns off
4. Unknown device disappears from device manager
5. DJI Assistant 2 does not see O3 anymore
6. O3 internal storage does not show up in Windows file explorer
7. O3 get a little bit warm (not hot) if I keep it connected to USB cable

Trying to create a repair service request online says:
"DJI O3 Air Unit" -> "The product does not support this service"

Any help???
2023-3-6
Use props
djiuser_LsAudeekKkCJ
lvl.2
Canada

Just to show what I meant by "The product does not support this service":

Am I doing something wrong?
2023-3-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry to know about this issue. We will confirm this issue with the corresponding team and get back to you asap.
2023-3-6
Use props
djiuser_LsAudeekKkCJ
lvl.2
Canada

Thank you!
I wonder what could happen to the unit . Obviously, something to do with O3 suddenly lost power internally, because the last video from the unit itself is corrupted (I still have the last video from the goggles to proof the drone did not crash). Don't see how 4S battery could damage the unit...
Anyway, please, let me know how to return the unit to DJI service for check and repair.
Thanks!
2023-3-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_LsAudeekKkCJ Posted at 3-6 19:51
Thank you!
I wonder what could happen to the unit . Obviously, something to do with O3 suddenly lost power internally, because the last video from the unit itself is corrupted (I still have the last video from the goggles to proof the drone did not crash). Don't see how 4S battery could damage the unit...
Anyway, please, let me know how to return the unit to DJI service for check and repair.

You're welcome and gain we're sorry for the trouble. If you are having issues creating an online repair for your DJI O3 Air unit, you may contact our team directly at https://www.dji.com/support for us to further assist you in setting up a repair case for your unit. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-3-6
Use props
djiuser_LsAudeekKkCJ
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-6 20:06
You're welcome and gain we're sorry for the trouble. If you are having issues creating an online repair for your DJI O3 Air unit, you may contact our team directly at https://www.dji.com/support for us to further assist you in setting up a repair case for your unit. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Do you mean "Online Customer Service"? I already tried it. The response was:

"Since your product model is belong to our professional technical team, I'm not very familiar with this model, so I will collect your information and forward your request/inquiry to them, so they will contact you as soon as possible"

I provided all info online. Still waiting for someone to contact me....
2023-3-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_LsAudeekKkCJ Posted at 3-6 20:11
Do you mean "Online Customer Service"? I already tried it. The response was:

"Since your product model is belong to our professional technical team, I'm not very familiar with this model, so I will collect your information and forward your request/inquiry to them, so they will contact you as soon as possible"

As for the O3 issue, would you mind trying the following troubleshooting to see if the issue still exists?
1. Please make sure the DJI Assistant 2 is DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). You can also try to reinstall the DJI Assistant for a test. https://www.dji.com/o3-air-unit/downloads
2. Please also test with another cable and computer to see if it works.
2023-3-6
Use props
djiuser_LsAudeekKkCJ
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-6 22:19
As for the O3 issue, would you mind trying the following troubleshooting to see if the issue still exists?
1. Please make sure the DJI Assistant 2 is DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). You can also try to reinstall the DJI Assistant for a test. https://www.dji.com/o3-air-unit/downloads

Thanks.
I tried all of these. 1 computer, 3 laptops, 4 different USB cables. It does not help.
Before O3 stopped working it connected to every of these computers without issues

As I mentioned before: seems like computers do not recognize O3 unit at all, because even O3 internal storage (20 GB removable storage) does not show up in file explorer.

Please, contact me with the information on how to proceed with warranty repair.
Thank you.
2023-3-7
Use props
djiuser_LsAudeekKkCJ
lvl.2
Canada

The unit is on its way back to DJI repair service.
I'll update when I hear back from DJI
Thanks!
2023-3-7
Use props
djiuser_kemAnw7bxrpM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 193881 ft
Poland

I wish you a lot of luck.
My o3 went to the trash because dji says it was bought outside the EU. I sent proof of purchase from the EU but they are not interested in it.
They offered to give me a 15% discount on my next o3 if I gave it back.
I bought three o3. Two turned out to be broken...
2023-3-7
Use props
djiuser_LsAudeekKkCJ
lvl.2
Canada

djiuser_kemAnw7bxrpM Posted at 3-7 08:17
My o3 went to the trash because dji says it was bought outside the EU. I sent proof of purchase from the EU but they are not interested in it.
They offered to give me a 15% discount on my next o3 if I gave it back.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully, I won't have this issue, because I bought the unit locally in retail store. If that kind of issue happens, I'd request an official letter from DJI and demand a refund from the store I got the unit from.
2023-3-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_LsAudeekKkCJ Posted at 3-7 05:48
Thanks.
I tried all of these. 1 computer, 3 laptops, 4 different USB cables. It does not help.
Before O3 stopped working it connected to every of these computers without issues

Sorry for the late reply. We notice that your case is under processing. If there is any update, you will receive an email. Should you have any inquiries about your case, please feel free to contact us.
2023-3-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_kemAnw7bxrpM Posted at 3-7 08:17
They offered to give me a 15% discount on my next o3 if I gave it back.

Hello, there. We have replied to your post about your case here:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 109&pid=2997481
Please check.
2023-3-11
Use props
djiuser_LsAudeekKkCJ
lvl.2
Canada

Got the unit back. The problem, according to DJI, was "Core Board Module was malfunctioned, which caused failure to power on". DJI replaced the main module with repaired / refurbished one (different S/N). Considering that my original O3 unit was less than a month old and failed on the first flight, I was expecting DJI to replace it with a brand new unit. Oh, well...
Anyway, as long as it keeps working, I'm ok with the result. Turn around was 10 days and DJI covered shipping both ways (which is great!).
2023-3-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_LsAudeekKkCJ Posted at 3-16 19:52
Got the unit back. The problem, according to DJI, was "Core Board Module was malfunctioned, which caused failure to power on". DJI replaced the main module with repaired / refurbished one (different S/N). Considering that my original O3 unit was less than a month old and failed on the first flight, I was expecting DJI to replace it with a brand new unit. Oh, well...
Anyway, as long as it keeps working, I'm ok with the result. Turn around was 10 days and DJI covered shipping both ways (which is great!).

Thanks for your update. Glad to know you received the unit. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us. Happy flying!
2023-3-17
Use props
Aerial Beast
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2025640 ft
India

03 doesn’t seem to work normally just after some flights. Light (GREEN/RED) is off. It was working fine (activate/update/bind/link).

Disarmed after landing, 03/Goggles V2/RC2 link went off and LED light on 03 unit turned off. Now when powered on via FC (GEPRC F722 40A AIO, 6S battery) - LED on 03 comes on for a split of a sec, goes off and then nothing.

Connecting 03 directly to the computer via USB cable (same computer, same USB port/cable that used to work before):

1.03 LED turns GREEN for 1-2 seconds then

2. While the LED is on, Windows Device Manager shows "Unknown device" or USB device not recognised because O3 disconnects itself by turning off

3. O3 LED turns off

4. Unknown device disappears from device manager or the windows popup

5. DJI Assistant 2 does not see or able to show 03 anymore

6. 03 internal storage does not show up in Windows file explorer

7.03 get a little bit warm (not hot) if I keep it connected to USB cable and nothing happens.

This is the exact same problem I too have as well as one of the other guy had and who posted it on the dji forum.

Means its some kind of common problem with less people and has nothing to do with crash, because I had crash on 7th April and that was also I was flying very close to the ground on beach and it suddenly got disconnected and fell on sand so no damage to the unit or my fpv quad itself. Then I brought it back to home and on 9th April I did fly the drone again for about 4mins and landed properly without any issues.

But when I try to fly on 14th October I m not able to take off the drone since O3 got turned off suddenly and the goggles went black as soon as I armed and the motors started spinning for a second.
   I hope I m lot clear this time with my issue. And since after that it never turned on but with a green light turns on for a split of sec when connected with battery. (Above numbered steps)
I too have this exact same issue please help.
2023-4-14
Use props
djiuser_LsAudeekKkCJ
lvl.2
Canada

Aerial Beast Posted at 4-14 08:11
03 died just after 3rd short flight. Light (GREEN/RED) is off. It was working fine (activate/update/bind/link).
Disarmed after landing, 03/Goggles V2/RC2 link went off and LED light on 03 unit turned off. Now when powered on via FC (HAKRC F722 40A AIO, 45 battery) - LED on 03 comes on for a split of a sec, goes off and then nothing.
Connecting 03 directly to the computer via USB cable (same computer, same USB port/cable that used to work before):

Contact DJI support and send O3 back for warranty repair. I think there was a batch of defective units.
2023-4-14
Use props
Aerial Beast
lvl.2
India

djiuser_LsAudeekKkCJ Posted at 4-14 18:07
Contact DJI support and send O3 back for warranty repair. I think there was a batch of defective units.

How do i send it back? I purchased from a 3rd party seller in india. (DJI Sealed unit only)
How do I get free repair or replacement for this type malfunctioned or defective batch of units from dji?
2023-4-16
Use props
Aerial Beast
lvl.2
India

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-6 22:19

03 doesn’t seem to work normally just after some flights. Light (GREEN/RED) is off. It was working fine (activate/update/bind/link).
Disarmed after landing, 03/Goggles V2/RC2 link went off and LED light on 03 unit turned off. Now when powered on via FC (GEPRC F722 40A AIO, 6S battery) - LED on 03 comes on for a split of a sec, goes off and then nothing.
2. While the LED is on, Windows Device Manager shows "Unknown device" or USB device not recognised because O3 disconnects itself by turning off
3. O3 LED turns off
7.03 get a little bit warm (not hot) if I keep it connected to USB cable and nothing happens.
This is the exact same problem I too have as well as one of the other guy had and who posted it on the dji forum.
Means its some kind of common problem with less people and has nothing to do with crash, because I had crash on 7th April and that was also I was flying very close to the ground on beach and it suddenly got disconnected and fell on sand so no damage to the unit or my fpv quad itself. Then I brought it back to home and on 9th April I did fly the drone again for about 4mins and landed properly without any issues.
But when I try to fly on 14th October I m not able to take off the drone since O3 got turned off suddenly and the goggles went black as soon as I armed and the motors started spinning for a second.
I hope I m lot clear this time with my issue. And since after that it never turned on but with a green light turns on for a split of sec when connected with battery. (Above numbered steps)
2023-4-16
Use props
Aerial Beast
lvl.2
India

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-17 01:56
Thanks for your update. Glad to know you received the unit. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us. Happy flying!

3. O3 LED turns off
2023-4-16
Use props
Aerial Beast
lvl.2
India

djiuser_LsAudeekKkCJ Posted at 4-14 18:07

How do i do that? send back to dji and get a replacement for my defective product?
2023-4-16
Use props
Aerial Beast
lvl.2
India

#Quick Reply Here#03 doesn’t seem to work normally just after some flights. Light (GREEN/RED) is off. It was working fine (activate/update/bind/link). Disarmed after landing, 03/Goggles V2/RC2 link went off and LED light on 03 unit turned off. Now when powered on via FC (GEPRC F722 40A AIO, 6S battery) - LED on 03 comes on for a split of a sec, goes off and then nothing. Connecting 03 directly to the computer via USB cable (same computer, same USB port/cable that used to work before): 1.03 LED turns GREEN for 1-2 seconds then 2. While the LED is on, Windows Device Manager shows "Unknown device" or USB device not recognised because O3 disconnects itself by turning off 3. O3 LED turns off 4. Unknown device disappears from device manager or the windows popup 5. DJI Assistant 2 does not see or able to show 03 anymore 6. 03 internal storage does not show up in Windows file explorer 7.03 get a little bit warm (not hot) if I keep it connected to USB cable and nothing happens.  This is the exact same problem I too have as well as one of the other guy had and who posted it on the dji forum.  Means its some kind of common problem with less people and has nothing to do with crash, because I had crash on 7th April and that was also I was flying very close to the ground on beach and it suddenly got disconnected and fell on sand so no damage to the unit or my fpv quad itself. Then I brought it back to home and on 9th April I did fly the drone again for about 4mins and landed properly without any issues.  But when I try to fly on 14th October I m not able to take off the drone since O3 got turned off suddenly and the goggles went black as soon as I armed and the motors started spinning for a second.  I hope I m lot clear this time with my issue. And since after that it never turned on but with a green light turns on for a split of sec when connected with battery. (Above numbered steps)
2023-4-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Aerial Beast Posted at 4-16 02:08
Disarmed after landing, 03/Goggles V2/RC2 link went off and LED light on 03 unit turned off. Now when powered on via FC (GEPRC F722 40A AIO, 6S battery) - LED on 03 comes on for a split of a sec, goes off and then nothing.

Hi there, may I confirm if the issue is the O3 Air Unit will automatically turn off after starting up for 2 seconds, right? May I ask if it's overheated before turning it on? If possible, could you please provide us with a video showing the whole process? We will forward it to the corresponding team for confirmation.
2023-4-16
Use props
Aerial Beast
lvl.2
India

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-16 07:10
Hi there, may I confirm if the issue is the O3 Air Unit will automatically turn off after starting up for 2 seconds, right? May I ask if it's overheated before turning it on? If possible, could you please provide us with a video showing the whole process? We will forward it to the corresponding team for confirmation.

No i plugged in when its at room temperature. How do I upload the video that shows this issue?
2023-4-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Aerial Beast Posted at 4-18 08:02
No i plugged in when its at room temperature. How do I upload the video that shows this issue?

Sorry for the late reply. You can upload a video to Google Drive or Dropbox and then send us the link here.
2023-4-20
Use props
Aerial Beast
lvl.2
India

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-20 03:04
Sorry for the late reply. You can upload a video to Google Drive or Dropbox and then send us the link here.

Here is the link for my log files on drive. My O3 Log filesas well as the video clip that shows auto turn off whenever i connect my o3 to pc. this doesn't happen always. But randomly.
Dji support team alexis sent my log files to engineers and reviewed and said there is some factory issues with my O3 and needs to be fixed. I need to send it to dji head quarters. But I don't know how to send it back, what would be the waiting period and all. Since this is the factory defect I would like a replacement unit. Than repairs.
I crashed my drone 2 times after this issue, because the O3 getting turned off sometimes in the mid of the flight. and that causes to crash my drone, and so my drone frame and other parts like props all got damaged. Everything because of bad dji O3 i got for some god's sake.
2023-4-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Aerial Beast Posted at 4-23 21:02
Here is the link for my log files on drive. My O3 Log filesas well as the video clip that shows auto turn off whenever i connect my o3 to pc. this doesn't happen always. But randomly.
Dji support team alexis sent my log files to engineers and reviewed and said there is some factory issues with my O3 and needs to be fixed. I need to send it to dji head quarters. But I don't know how to send it back, what would be the waiting period and all. Since this is the factory defect I would like a replacement unit. Than repairs.
I crashed my drone 2 times after this issue, because the O3 getting turned off sometimes in the mid of the flight. and that causes to crash my drone, and so my drone frame and other parts like props all got damaged. Everything because of bad dji O3 i got for some god's sake.

Thanks for the update. We managed to find out your ticket number via your forum account. Since our team is following up on your case, we will forward your request to our team. And we notice that our team has sent you an email regarding the shipping question, you can take a look.
2023-4-24
Use props
fansb73433dc
lvl.2

Thailand

I have exactly the same problem, drone crashed but without any damage, except for the O3 that stopped working and started to behave exactly like in the topic starter's description.
So as I understand O3 is completely dead now and I need to buy a new one? Will any DJI O3 unit be dead after any minor crash?
2023-8-6
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

fansb73433dc Posted at 8-6 04:51
I have exactly the same problem, drone crashed but without any damage, except for the O3 that stopped working and started to behave exactly like in the topic starter's description.
So as I understand O3 is completely dead now and I need to buy a new one? Will any DJI O3 unit be dead after any minor crash?

Facing same issue unfortunately...
2023-8-29
Use props
Aerial Beast
lvl.2
India

fansb73433dc Posted at 8-6 04:51
So as I understand O3 is completely dead now and I need to buy a new one? Will any DJI O3 unit be dead after any minor crash?

Its a problem with certain batch of units with factory malfunction. You seek dji support and they will ask you to export flight logs and verify if there is any actual factory malfunctioned. If it so then  they will will replace it for free with just shipping cost. Thats how mine got replaced. Hope this helps
2023-12-13
Use props
Hmingmawia__Ral
New

India

Same here, I have the same problem, i crashed my drone this morning, everything is fine, when i go home and plug the O3 air unit via usb and battery, nothing boots up. its a brand new o3 and its a small crash I don't expect it to behave like this.
3-5 23:50
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules