Seagulls and other flying enemy problem solved !
1625 7 2015-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nsvilici
lvl.1

Croatia

Not yet ...

This post is just next step in issue I am already faced with - seagulls are attacking my drone ...

I was thinking about some buzzer or high frequency radio sound to attach on bird.
Every time when I see flock of seagulls or other flying enemies - just push a trigger and ultrasound or high frq sound might help in order to make them go away ...

I know that is too simple - but I really don't see any problem with this idea ...

If it works with dogs (ultrasound dog's whistle) - why wouldn't with birds ...

Your comments?
Regards
Niksa
2015-8-20
Use props
k.kavelaars
lvl.2

Netherlands

Just fly higer, the birts don.t come much higer then 100 meters so if you fly high enoug, the do not bother you annymore
2015-8-20
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/30mm- ... hash=item2ee4bb6ee4
2015-8-20
Use props
Swedrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I also face this problem especially when flying in old harbours where the seagulls reingn their kingdom and attack all intruders. Mostly below 60 meters though
2015-8-20
Use props
agrewe
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I suspect it's unlikely to work. To my knowledge bird's hearing is comparably limited, they mainly work on sight. I would be very surprised if they have a hearing similar to dogs and will be influenced by the frequencies a dog can hear.
2015-8-21
Use props
colin.buckle
lvl.2
Australia

k.kavelaars@qui Posted at 2015-8-21 05:58
Just fly higer, the birts don.t come much higer then 100 meters so if you fly high enoug, the do not ...

Seagulls might not but the Wedge Tailed Eagles we have here do and they have been known to attack our birds.
2015-8-21
Use props
shango
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Birds hearing is primarily the same range as humans so wouldn't work
2015-8-21
Use props
stvnvicbc
lvl.2

Canada

shango Posted at 2015-8-21 22:52
Birds hearing is primarily the same range as humans so wouldn't work

Think about it for a minute, you are now in THEIR territory.  Seagulls don't even back down from bald eagles which they know could tear em a new one.

Go with the google eyes that might make your phantom look more like an owl which is about the only thing a seagull won't go near.
2015-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules