last nights Airport Commission Meeting
1160 13 2015-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
greenbean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84783 ft
United States

I went to my towns Airport Commission Meeting last night….had to after reading last months minutes. They put a 5 mile radius complete ban around the airport. Out of the 4 FAA categories and 5 subcategories ours is one step up from the bottom GAA category. It has no operational facility or tower (LOS and transponders only). At tonights meeting they began by saying  "since last months meeting we have done some very extensive research and these are what we will be publishing to be complied to".  I of course interjected and said that "from where I am standing you have done no research, as 80% of what you have stated is either inaccurate or flat out does not exist under US code 49 in regards to the proposed reform of section 336, an MGL or CMR, FAA or AMA. I also suggested that they not act in haste and perhaps wait and get cues from the impending rules set to soon come out, explaining that per order of Congress, the FAA is to expedite laying out its proposal for classifying and regulating drones weighing 3 pounds or less and that this is to be published by the end of September of this year. I had copies of all pertenant points of US Code 49, FAA, AMA and highlighted all areas to correct their inaccuracies but they refused to even accept them and told me I had already taken up too many meeting minutes and then shut me down and said "we will do what we think is appropriate"……the ignorant and pompous arrogance of it all. I will comply to appease but they are unqualified jokes. I'm just glad that they are voluntary and not paid positions.

2015-8-20
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

That my friend is what will do us in. I spent an hour today dispelling myths on FB after a medic heli "almost " hit a "drone". Supposedly within 20 feet.
2015-8-20
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-8-21 08:10
That my friend is what will do us in. I spent an hour today dispelling myths on FB after a medic hel ...

the air displacement from a heli would knock the shit out of a 3lb quad. here we go with media hype about absolutely nothing. everybody seems to believe that, lets just talk about a Cessna, a quad of that size and potential momentum will bring a plane size of a Cessna down as soon as it hits it!!!
anything is possible, yes, but.... oh i give up this will go no where
2015-8-20
Use props
spheasant1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

Time to take your complaint to the local newspaper.   Reporters love stuff like this.  Give them factual information and clearly state that the officials that YOU elect refused to listen to you....this'll get their attention.
2015-8-20
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

spheasant1 Posted at 2015-8-21 08:56
Time to take your complaint to the local newspaper.   Reporters love stuff like this.  Give them fac ...

or they will also jump on the band wagon as the rest of the media and put it out of context, we will hear this:
crazy drone operator went berserk at commission meeting, he had to be subdued and was asked to leave, at which time he became belligerent and was taken down by local law enforcement. he now is going through a psych evaluation at the local nut house!
2015-8-20
Use props
spheasant1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-21 09:11
or they will also jump on the band wagon as the rest of the media and put it out of context, we wi ...

Sadly....there is quite a bit of truth to this...
2015-8-20
Use props
stvnvicbc
lvl.2

Canada

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-21 08:45
the air displacement from a heli would knock the shit out of a 3lb quad. here we go with media hyp ...

I believe that if you can find the original article about the medevac heli the pilot and medic reported that it was a "big" drone, about a 3 foot diameter if i remember the story correctly.  NOT a hobby "drone".

What you US folks should be worried about is the new "LEAKED FAA REPORT" which indicates a much higher incident rate of UAV/Aircraft near misses.  700 in the US in the past year which is much higher the 12- 20 incidents previously reported.
2015-8-21
Use props
venomx15301
lvl.3

United States

Anyway you can file a lawsuit against them to tie their hands until the FAA comes out with their "rules/laws"?
2015-8-21
Use props
arives
lvl.4
Flight distance : 453684 ft
  • >>>
United States

or they will also jump on the band wagon as the rest of the media and put it out of context, we wi ...

I'd suggest that all decisions of the FAA will over ride any three horse town rules. They control the air, not the towns.
Further the letter to the editor is right on. In my small town a published letter stirs the stumps of the otherwise placid population.
Retribution or bulling by any town appointee or elected official is inexcusable.
2015-8-21
Use props
greenbean
lvl.3
United States

Time to take your complaint to the local newspaper.   Reporters love stuff like this.  Give them fac ...

Drafting a letter already in progress
2015-8-21
Use props
greenbean
lvl.3
United States

Drafting a letter already in progress
2015-8-21
Use props
greenbean
lvl.3
United States

oh Ray… do you do stand up…..you make me laugh…..thats a good thing
2015-8-21
Use props
greenbean
lvl.3
United States

venomx15301 Posted at 2015-8-22 00:54
Anyway you can file a lawsuit against them to tie their hands until the FAA comes out with their "ru ...

they are not an legislative body so they can't draw laws or rules but being in bed with city officials and PD whom are also ignorant can become a headache…….so I don't even bother launching in the town…..lived here practically my whole life and there is nothing more to see anyhow   hahaha
2015-8-21
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

greenbean Posted at 2015-8-22 01:45
oh Ray… do you do stand up…..you make me laugh…..thats a good thing

If u saw how I fly the p3, ud Laff moe
2015-8-21
Use props
Advanced