Pocket 3 coming in April.....

2023-3-9
Use props
Marty Markoe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for speculation/wish list. Not to mention using this forum to sneak in ad with no relation to Pocket 3. Duh!!! Moderator, please remove.
2023-3-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Marty Markoe Posted at 3-9 04:11
Thanks for speculation/wish list. Not to mention using this forum to sneak in ad with no relation to Pocket 3. Duh!!! Moderator, please remove.

Not my video,  but if you watch they got access to a leaked spreadsheet for product launches.  
2023-3-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice find DA.    They have quite the lofty expectation list for the Pocket 3.  If it comes out in April as rumored we don't have long to wait.  
2023-3-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-9 04:45
Nice find DA.    They have quite the lofty expectation list for the Pocket 3.  If it comes out in April as rumored we don't have long to wait.

Along with inspire 3 and air 3.   A lot of 3's for April.
2023-3-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Speculative?  I'm not ready to upgrade from my Pocket2 yet
2023-3-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 3-9 08:19
Speculative?  I'm not ready to upgrade from my Pocket2 yet

Ive been holding off getting the 2 as i hoped the pocket 3 would come soon.  
2023-3-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-9 08:26

If you get one, I'll wait for your findings before being tempted
2023-3-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 3-9 08:29
If you get one, I'll wait for your findings before being tempted

So far the upgrades leaked are all very incremental so I doubt they will tempt you.  
2023-3-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-9 04:46
Along with inspire 3 and air 3.   A lot of 3's for April.

That would be a whole lot for April.  If I had to bet I'd say we will see Inspire 3 in April, Pocket 3 in May and Air 3 in June.  In any case would be really cool to see all 3 released in April.
2023-3-9
Use props
Jake. A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

Hoping for the air 3
2023-3-9
Use props
alloffroad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6339409 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I hope it will be a stand-alone product without the need for the myriad of tiny accessories that are never to be found when you need them. I hope better way to properly attach ND and CPL filters as the magnet thing does not work to well
2023-3-9
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 3-9 04:16
Not my video,  but if you watch they got access to a leaked spreadsheet for product launches.

This "leaked spreadsheet" goes back many weeks, probably months.   The video is careful not to show how old that twitter post is.  

This video is just a rehash of old speculation and information (and uses an imaginary image for the new device which was actually created months ago by Roos Reviews, and he's been complaining ever since that people keep stealing it).   Overall, the word "clickbait" springs to mind.  Not DaFlys fault but there's a lot of it about.
2023-3-9
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Nothing new for me here. I say I would be very surprised if the water-proof part turned out to be true, not an easy task with a pocket gimbal with multiple moving parts. If it were true, I think that could be a game-changer. That would be welcome, as well as the replaceable battery. But time will tell. I do not find it likely that I would be getting it, for my Pocket 2 still has served me well so far.
2023-3-9
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Of far greater interest (to me) were the recent videos by the reputable reviewer Tamara Gabriel, in which she demonstrates and reviews hands-on the new Pocket 3.  The first video is linked below.  No, it's not the DJI Pocket 3, it's the Feiyu Pocket 3 - they got there first.  

Some months ago I uploaded a video to YouTube in which I commented on a DJI patent for a modular gimbal camera - a kind of marriage of the Action 2 and the Pocket 2 - which might have been one idea for the DJI Pocket 3.  Well, interestingly, the Feiyu Pocket 3 is a modular gimbal camera.  I wonder where they got the idea for the name and the design....  

Now I don't think many DJI Pocket 2 owners will want to buy the Feiyu Pocket 3 - especially with the DJI version possibly out soon, maybe under a completely new name - but the concept itself is very cool, even if the sensor is small and it's fixed focus etc etc.  If the next DJI gimbal camera had some of these modular features, plus the other items on most of our wish lists, well, it could make me reach for my wallet.

2023-3-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, DAFlys. We really appreciate you for sharing this video that you posted. Currently, we haven't received any information related to this inquiry. Please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-3-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 3-9 15:50
Of far greater interest (to me) were the recent videos by the reputable reviewer Tamara Gabriel, in which she demonstrates and reviews hands-on the new Pocket 3.  The first video is linked below.  No, it's not the DJI Pocket 3, it's the Feiyu Pocket 3 - they got there first.  

Some months ago I uploaded a video to YouTube in which I commented on a DJI patent for a modular gimbal camera - a kind of marriage of the Action 2 and the Pocket 2 - which might have been one idea for the DJI Pocket 3.  Well, interestingly, the Feiyu Pocket 3 is a modular gimbal camera.  I wonder where they got the idea for the name and the design....  

Nice concept,  but the camera itself isn't that great.  
2023-3-9
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 3-9 23:24
Nice concept,  but the camera itself isn't that great.

Indeed, I fully agree.  When the "real" Pocket 3 (or whatever it will be called) arrives - perhaps in April! - it will be down to purchasers to decide on price / performance / budget considerations.  Well, I guess that's how it always is.  

Meanwhile I counted 8 totally speculative videos about the DJI Pocket 3, released in the last 2 weeks alone!  Quite a cottage industry happening there.  There's also a thriving cottage industry of videos purporting to compare still images from the DJI Pocket 3 with various other cameras.  In all of these, the photo comparisons are clearly taken from precisely the same location in space, at the same time, somehow without one camera pointing at the back of the other!  What they do is just use one (existing) camera, and then mess with the picture afterwards to make it look like two cameras were used.  Sometimes the cameras which they claim to use display shallow depth of field, when they are well known to be fixed focus... I complained to YouTube about some of them but then gave up.  They get thousands of views and the time invested in preparing them is probably worth the income from YT monetisation.
2023-3-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 3-10 03:49
Indeed, I fully agree.  When the "real" Pocket 3 (or whatever it will be called) arrives - perhaps in April! - it will be down to purchasers to decide on price / performance / budget considerations.  Well, I guess that's how it always is.  

Meanwhile I counted 8 speculative videos about the DJI Pocket 3 released in the last 2 weeks alone!  Quite a cottage industry happening there.

I just realised that the Feiyu Pocket 3 is a kickstarter project.  
2023-3-10
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Yup.  It's possible that the DJI Pocket 3 will actually hit the streets before the Feiyu one does.  This Kickstarter launch may be largely a pre-emptive strike in the hope of getting advance sales before the "real" one wipes it out (apart from the purchases by those who simply can't afford the DJI version).
2023-3-10
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

What DJI should make, a 360 pocket camera that will have really good video quality to compete with X3 from Insta360.
Then here is no need for gimbal.
I have Pocket 2 and love it, but should used it more often.
2023-3-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Let's hope so
(or not )
2023-3-10
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

johansenfoto Posted at 3-10 07:51
What DJI should make, a 360 pocket camera that will have really good video quality to compete with X3 from Insta360.
Then here is no need for gimbal.
I have Pocket 2 and love it, but should used it more often.

The trouble with 360 cameras is that you need huge 360 resolution to get a 4k flat video. Something like 16mp. The storage required, the heat generated, and the physical size makes this very hard to implement in an inexpensive pocket device - even by DJI!
2023-3-10
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

fansfe82067d Posted at 3-10 13:33
The trouble with 360 cameras is that you need huge 360 resolution to get a 4k flat video. Something like 16mp. The storage required, the heat generated, and the physical size makes this very hard to implement in an inexpensive pocket device - even by DJI!

Yes I know. That 1 inch 360 camera Insta360 have is expensive but also really good.
2023-3-10
Use props
CaPunG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 807041 ft
Indonesia

Toothbrush CAM
2023-3-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not sure I understand CaPunG.
2023-3-20
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

The modular design idea is very neat and could be a gamechanger if done properly. While it's unlikely I will buy a new gimbal camera for a while, no matter the brand, I do await with interest to see what we will see in the developments of these newcomers.
2023-3-20
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I see there is no mention of a Mini 4 on that list
2023-3-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 3-20 19:30
I see there is no mention of a Mini 4 on that list

Only a matter if time Im sure.  
2023-3-20
Use props
Daniel Rivers
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152116 ft
Israel

fansfe82067d Posted at 3-10 13:33
Nah, you just need 8k, to get 4k. 360 camera is 2 ultra wide lenses slapped together. So its perfectly doable. 8k60p is a bit harder to pull of in a small form factor, but still achievable as the processor and sensor tech get better every day.
2023-3-27
Use props
osmonauta
lvl.4
Hungary

I have an Action 3. That fits in my pocket.
2023-3-29
Use props
fansd8781149
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31145 ft
  • >>>
Russia

I don't think the camera will come out in April. Since no blogger got it for review. Usually, two weeks before the start of sales, at least all bloggers receive cameras for review.
2023-3-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansd8781149 Posted at 3-31 00:01
I don't think the camera will come out in April. Since no blogger got it for review. Usually, two weeks before the start of sales, at least all bloggers receive cameras for review.

We shouldn't know if the bloggers have it as they sign NDAs with DJI.
2023-3-31
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

so april is a fools month roight so what makes this Real
2023-4-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 4-3 12:21
so april is a fools month roight so what makes this Real

Let's not jinx it.     It could be a good month for new toys.
2023-4-3
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-3 23:54
Let's not jinx it.     It could be a good month for new toys.

April/may   good luck
2023-4-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 4-4 03:09
April/may   good luck

Good luck and finger crossed Fishycomics.
2023-4-4
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-4 23:36
Good luck and finger crossed Fishycomics.

no sweat ifApril 23rd not out you know  mAy is there
2023-4-5
Use props
Trikke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2513406 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Looking forward to the pocket 3.
My first osmo pocket that i purchased in november 2018 when it just came out is used very often and I want a new one.
So i'm holding of from buying the pocket 2 and hoping that the pocket 3 comes soon. My battery from the first one is almost ready for battery heaven.
2023-4-5
Use props
Trikke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2513406 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

DAFlys Posted at 3-9 08:26

same here
2023-4-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules