Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Willie wonka's country style video!
1504 39 2015-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

This one is nice and simple not too long not too short, had a special person in mind while doing it, what do you think and am i getting better or worse on par with past videos ?

2015-8-20
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

very nice willie, enjoyed it very much and didnt get bored. u still not using nd filters?
2015-8-20
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-21 12:29
very nice willie, enjoyed it very much and didnt get bored. u still not using nd filters?

Yup i am ND filter free LOL, maybe next month budget might allow a package of 6, not in a hurry as i am in scouting mode now for exotic locations

2015-8-20
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-8-21 12:33
Yup i am ND filter free LOL, maybe next month budget might allow a package of 6, not in a hurry as ...

which ones u thinking of? dji or polar pro
2015-8-20
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-21 12:37
which ones u thinking of? dji or polar pro

I am guessing the polar pro if they weigh the same like the dji ones.
2015-8-20
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-8-21 12:33
Yup i am ND filter free LOL, maybe next month budget might allow a package of 6, not in a hurry as ...

Ha, I don't remember Trenton having that many exotic places.

I desperately need a new computer.  I've got all these saved videos, but no computer powerful enough to run any of the good software to even start learning post production.

Good video - still like the filming of your P3 flying across the mountains best - the one you did with rayrokni.
2015-8-20
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-8-21 13:02

I desperately need a new computer.   ...

off course, without me there can be no good video!!
willie uses the imovie for his editing, i believe ,! so u dont really need a fast computer.
now if u want to use adobe premier, maybe. i use adobe on a laptop, not a fast processor at all, and its ok.
why not get a macbook and use imovie, the money u save from adobe purchase, you can put towards a mac.
BTW, i owned a computer business for 20 years, we built PC, so i am not an apple fanatic but they seem to work better for videos and multimedia stuff.
2015-8-20
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-8-21 13:02

I desperately need a new computer.   ...

If you are going to spend some cash then go get a macbook its going to save you a lot of headaches and you would be producing good stuff without the headache of the blue screen of death ( my work nightmare on a daily basis lol)

Yeah i find that was a video of epic magnitude to capture the mountain, i am still trying to piece together the extended version of it, when i used to live in that area most times there was clouds below the mountain top and that what i was aiming to capture but better luck next time, the next one will be a hight of 6000 feet and that would have low clouds for sure, i always want to fly between them the legal way.

Yeah trenton does not have anything worth filming except the river by the border of phili, i am looking into PA right now as it has lots of goodies, and i am going to do my best not cross the bridge to Brooklyn lol
2015-8-20
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-8-21 13:19
If you are going to spend some cash then go get a macbook its going to save you a lot of headaches ...

i ll go back there willie and i ll send u some with clouds!!
2015-8-20
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-21 13:19
off course, without me there can be no good video!!
willie uses the imovie for his editing, i beli ...

That was my original thought - building a gaming PC.  That should future-proof me for a while with respect to upgrades.

But to willie's point, maybe just going with a macbook is the better route.  I just checked online, and they look to be around $1,200.  Does that seem about right?

I can get a used gaming PC for less than that - but always run the risk of getting some DIY'ers homemade Frankenstein machine with who knows what inside.  Can you say Abby Normal?  
2015-8-20
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-21 13:25
i ll go back there willie and i ll send u some with clouds!!

Its a hit or miss, as it happens maybe once in month, maybe monitor the weather forecast and also in information relating to cloud formation heights and chances of occurrence with certain weather conditions.
2015-8-20
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-8-21 13:45
That was my original thought - building a gaming PC.  That should future-proof me for a while with ...

i used to build them at my company. dont fool yourself thinking you ll be upgrading it later.
buy a mac for what u want to do
2015-8-20
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-8-21 13:45
That was my original thought - building a gaming PC.  That should future-proof me for a while with ...

I have a gaming machine just for streaming my games to my nvidia shield and its not used for anything else and it has an nvidia gtx970 card with SSD hard drives all that just for games, the idea of installing any video editing software on it makes me cringe and this is after using my macbook pro, i have on it final cut pro and the adobe package but only used iMovie as i don't have time yet to learn the others, go to an apple store and play with iMovie and let someone show how it works and you will see how smooth and effortless it is to do work without being interrupted by the operating system with all sorts of pop ups and annoying freezing and crashing.

You are going to need a lot of hard drive space so get the max you can spend on hard drive wise, best processor you can afford and max the memory and of course the macbook pro 15 inch.
2015-8-20
Use props
KaiserSoze9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 34753871 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi Willie. You surely getting better! Just work on on smoothness when changing direction and orbit. Too much long for only a single location, but soundtrack and editng is not boring. Keep up the good work, I love the great american open spaces!
2015-8-20
Use props
deanO Aussie
lvl.2
New Zealand

Great footage Willie, nice to see flowing rivers and green grass.  Very dry over here.
2015-8-20
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

KaiserSoze9 Posted at 2015-8-21 14:22
Hi Willie. You surely getting better! Just work on on smoothness when changing direction and orbit.  ...

I have to get better in the elimination process of the shots and I think the gains feel higher after the last firmware update, I need to lower it, thank god I am getting better all I need now is more places to go and capture, and you will see more expansive outdoors as long as my falcon stays in the air
2015-8-20
Use props
Skater67
lvl.3
Flight distance : 417149 ft

Colombia

Nice Willie.  I would have shot an approach to and landed on top of the small dam, but then maybe you did and cut it out of the video.  I really need to learn more about photography and camera settings.  Looking forward to more of your videos.  Thanks.
2015-8-21
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

deanO Aussie Posted at 2015-8-21 14:27
Great footage Willie, nice to see flowing rivers and green grass.  Very dry over here.

Thank you so much

You can see its shallow, it was not like that years ago and all around it was dry this year with temps above average.
2015-8-21
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Skater67 Posted at 2015-8-21 18:15
Nice Willie.  I would have shot an approach to and landed on top of the small dam, but then maybe yo ...

Thank you very much

My videos are not about the phantom and I am trying my best not to show any indication that I am flying a quad, the stereotypes might say oh here is another crazy drone video and just don't watch it.

Keep testing the camera settings under different conditions, I find humidity and too much sun is your worst enemy when using automatic settings.
2015-8-21
Use props
Skater67
lvl.3
Flight distance : 417149 ft

Colombia

Thanks appreciate the advice
2015-8-21
Use props
drone_lad
lvl.3

United States

Aww...you did this for me? LOL...just kidding! Impressive video and editing! Quick question, because you aren't using ND filters, for this particular footage what was your ISO, Shutter, Resolution and FPS set at?
2015-8-21
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

drone_lad Posted at 2015-8-21 22:49
Aww...you did this for me? LOL...just kidding! Impressive video and editing! Quick question, because ...

Lol thank you very much

You won't believe it as I was shooting in auto and never took note of what it was set at, I just take a look around and see if there is too much exposure with the zebra pattern then turn it off and start filming, I might get a better shot with an ND filter as I think I lost a little details in some angles but overal I can judge by what I see on the iPad preview, I can be wrong as I don't feel good when I am always (ahem most of the time)  right lol.

The video was taken in 4k 30 frames and then spit out of iMovie as 1080p.
2015-8-21
Use props
ag0n
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I can't compare to your previous, but it looked good here, other than what I assume is lack of computer on my end.  It was a tad jerky on my playback.  The only thing I could criticize is that in the first half, some of the scenes seemed a bit repetitive.  Otherwise, nicely done.  Congrats to the happy couple.  Wife and I will celebrate 41 yrs in a few months, and they just keep getting better (believe it or not).
2015-8-21
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

ag0n Posted at 2015-8-21 23:23
I can't compare to your previous, but it looked good here, other than what I assume is lack of compu ...

I think YouTube is having some issues with there servers since last night as this one took an hour to show up as ready for public, I don't think it's your computer to blame, and yeah I guilty for milking the scene lol I need to account for everyone's opinion to be able to address everyone to strike that perfect balance, I'm getting there slowly but surely.

My marriage is still young lol not like yours mature enough to be enjoyed. Live long and prosper
2015-8-21
Use props
drone_lad
lvl.3

United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-8-21 23:02
Lol thank you very much  

You won't believe it as I was shooting in auto and never took note of ...

Thanks for the info Willie - I haven't tried the zedra goofy thing yet, but now that you mention it, will give it a burn today and dial in the exposure and see what results are forthcoming.
2015-8-21
Use props
xxFeliXxx
lvl.1

United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-8-21 01:19
If you are going to spend some cash then go get a macbook its going to save you a lot of headaches ...

Wow flying over the bridge to Brooklyn is exactly what in my mind as well LOL!

Great video! Really enjoy it with the background music!

By the way, I tried to send you PM but seems to be failed. I reserved the one started at 11:30AM on Aug. 29th, what's your plan?
2015-8-28
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

xxFeliXxx Posted at 2015-8-28 10:15
Wow flying over the bridge to Brooklyn is exactly what in my mind as well LOL!

Great video! Reall ...

Yeah you do that and you will sure be on the news lol

Yeah I did not get any pms from you at all, and I got distracted and forgot to register and the registeration closed already!!! I guess let us know what happens and then you an I will scout for a location to fly together later on, I am so sorry man.
2015-8-28
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-8-28
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

Very nice, relaxing.  Great control flying, that's for sure.  I'm sure wondering if there's some good size fish hiding  around those rocks!
2015-8-28
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

CaveDrone Posted at 2015-8-29 06:49
Very nice, relaxing.  Great control flying, that's for sure.  I'm sure wondering if there's some goo ...

It's a very long river so I believe there should be some good stuff in there, I am glad you enjoyed the video
2015-8-28
Use props
xxFeliXxx
lvl.1

United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-8-28 18:13
Yeah you do that and you will sure be on the news lol

Yeah I did not get any pms from you at all, ...

Haha it's fine, I almost missed it too

Yeah I guess you must got some great place to fly haha. Again, this video is so great!
2015-8-28
Use props
AerialLens
lvl.3

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-21 01:49
i used to build them at my company. dont fool yourself thinking you ll be upgrading it later.
buy ...

That's pretty doggone good in my book, Willie - did like the mountains as well though. Nice engaging stuff, you do.

On the computer stuff, like Ray, I was into everything PC - big time - from 1982 until 2014. I went with GREAT HESITATION to 21.5 monitor iMac desktop with a 2.9 GHz i5 and 16GB RAM and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1GB, from Apple for 1250 USD Refurbished (same warranty, same Apple store, 1 year support, etc - brand new everything). Gotta say, One of the best decisions I EVER made. Editing videos and photography is faster-n-s**t!

It uses its resources much more effectively IMHO (not 25 unneeded processes I will never use running in the background by default, etc)...and (though not infallible) the Apple Store doesn't even sell virus software. Tells you something, when the machine and the operating system are made by the same company.  And the Apple monitor (which actually contains the brains) is...well, delicious to watch. And the Apple Store "hostage situation" is not nearly as bad as I imagined. I now see clearly why the Apple fanboys may get swooned. You can check by searching "certified refurbished" at apple dot com.

BUT you can "cheat." I have Win 7 Professional on the SAME machine when needed - when using expensive already-owned software and games I'm not about to simply abandon (something called Bootcamp allows this, so you can use 100% resources for Apple or Windows). See? I'm not just another fanboy.
2015-8-28
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

xxFeliXxx Posted at 2015-8-28 22:03
Haha it's fine, I almost missed it too

Yeah I guess you must got some great place to fly haha. ...

Thank you so much felix, I really want to see the video you took when you got in hot waters with the popo !!!

And give me ideas (other than freaking bridges) and i will research there legality and then we can meet up.
2015-8-28
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

AerialLens Posted at 2015-8-28 22:35
That's pretty doggone good in my book, Willie - did like the mountains as well though. Nice engagin ...

Thank you so much for the feedback on the video, i try to put passion in my work not just for the sake of flying over things, i put purpose in what i capture as the angle we have no one does have unless they were flying low in a commercial aircraft or a lucky navy pilot, i am just warming up wait till a year passes and i keep going at it

My first computer was an intel 8088 processor 640kb ram and 2 5.25 floppy drives and most what i did on it was write basic programs, now it a totally different story.

You can use virtualization and run windows, linux and android without using bootcamp, free one is virtual box and a paid one is vmware fusion, and dedicated android is genymotion which is free and yes i tried connecting the virtual android to the remote but usb is not supported yet or you would have used a laptop to run the dji go app, it runs but not usb
2015-8-28
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

Love the water skimming shots you had!  You're definitely not afraid to get down close!  Beautiful waterfall!  
2015-8-28
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

jayhkr Posted at 2015-8-29 01:05
Love the water skimming shots you had!  You're definitely not afraid to get down close!  Beautiful w ...

This video has some serious water skimming lol
http://youtu.be/qO6w8QPznpg
2015-8-28
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

That's crazy right there.  Nope, no way.  Uh uhh.
2015-8-29
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

jayhkr Posted at 2015-8-29 23:58
That's crazy right there.  Nope, no way.  Uh uhh.

LOL if i can do it, then you can do it, just in tiny tiny steps LOL
2015-8-29
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

Step one, fly at 399 feet.  Step two, try it at 350 feet, then go back up to 399 and stay there.  Steps complete!  My thing is, I would rather climb a tree and get ticks on me, than rent scuba gear and swim with what I know are fairly large catfish in my lakes that might mistaken me, and my bird for food. LOL
2015-8-29
Use props
sgeprods
lvl.3
Flight distance : 57841 ft
  • >>>
Australia

That's a great clip Willlie.
2015-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now